New Look Vt

villarule123

Question

Is there a way to get the editor to explicitly show you the formatting tags. For example, if I highlight some text and modify its font size, the change happens in real time on the screen rather than wrapping the text in font tags. I'd like to be able to see the tags rather than their effect.

My only complaint so far (and it's not even a complaint, just a preference really) is the multiple quoting thing.

I know it was explained earlier and I completely understand the logic behind it, but I preferred it the old way.

I was trying to respond to a post in a thread today. The post consisted purely of 2 quotes. One of which was a post on a previous page, and one of which had been manually written out, I think.

So quoting it resulted in a blank post. Seemed overly complicated to quote it properly.

As I said, not even a complaint, and I'm sure I'll get used to it!

Is there a way to get the editor to explicitly show you the formatting tags. For example, if I highlight some text and modify its font size, the change happens in real time on the screen rather than wrapping the text in font tags. I'd like to be able to see the tags rather than their effect.

Click the button in the top left of the icon bar in the editor.

I don't know what you mean. It's in the top right of the page, the same place as google and facebook logins. If it's not there, can you tell me which OS and browser you are using so I can try and reproduce it?

No worries mate - it was a little small on my screen, but now I know it's there, it is no problem. I was just being a bit blind, I guess!

Mods.......

I loooove the new site :) , not a day seems to go by without me fortuitously discovering a new feature. What's more, a lot of the features are more than just eye candy, most of them serve functions that make the site far easier to navigate than before. So far my only complaint is that we no longer have the old " :lol: " emoticon :P, that was my favourite VT emoticon and seeing it gave me the chuckles almost every time.

Great job, designers. :clap:

Qwpzxjor1, on 07 October 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I'm not sure about the huge list of forums, caused by all the upcoming and previous fixtures. I thought it worked well with the last game played and next fixture being made prominent and the rest there but much smaller.. it causes a really really long page for the forum list, and I'm sure will annoy some of the people who post in the supporters clubs sections which are now several scrolls down and tricky to find.

All in all, I don't mind it, it's nice and clean, and it looks like it'll be much more phone and ipad friendly. Will take some getting used to though, I must admit I did like the old layout - but I embrace change.

I agree, I'll look into this once I'm sure everything is settled down. For now users of those forums can always bookmark them.

You can collapse forum sections by hovering over the header section where a '-' (minus) icon appears.