• El Ahmadi
    • N'Zogbia
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 65)
    • Herd (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Lichaj (for Bennett 86)

I can't remember where I heard this stat so apologies if it is wrong or I took it from someone on here... but I heard somewhere that that is the first time city have conceded 4 at home since 2004...

Firstly, well done - you were the better team and deserved the win. We were very poor (probably the worst I've seen them under Mancini to be honest) and although a lot of players who I wouldn't consider 'first choice' played, I'm pretty concerned about our inability to hold a lead because it's been a recurring theme this season so far. Needs sorting out.

On a different note, regarding the Petrov/19th minute clapping thing, I stand near the away fans but I was a bit disappointed with the 'no respect' chant from the away end because the City fans didn't join in - the City fans genuinely didn't have a clue what was going on. I remembered halfway through and tried to join in but if we'd been told about it everyone would've joined in rather than wondering what was going on (we did something identical for Neil Young in 2011 before he died).

Anyway, you'll probably know it yourselves, but you'll be alright with Paul Lambert. Just needs the time to get your team playing his way.

On a different note, regarding the Petrov/19th minute clapping thing, I stand near the away fans but I was a bit disappointed with the 'no respect' chant from the away end because the City fans didn't join in - the City fans genuinely didn't have a clue what was going on. I remembered halfway through and tried to join in but if we'd been told about it everyone would've joined in rather than wondering what was going on (we did something identical for Neil Young in 2011 before he died).

Yeah, it's something I've wondered about at away games. This season they've started putting his picture and that on the advertising boards and screens during the 19th minute at Villa Park, but at away games it's kind of a hard thing to...well, advertise would be the best word to describe it I guess.

And even when the home fans do join in, the 'no respect' chant has started to follow regardless - happened at Southampton. You can't possibly get everyone to join in.

Yeah, it's something I've wondered about at away games. This season they've started putting his picture and that on the advertising boards and screens during the 19th minute at Villa Park, but at away games it's kind of a hard thing to...well, advertise would be the best word to describe it I guess.

And even when the home fans do join in, the 'no respect' chant has started to follow regardless - happened at Southampton. You can't possibly get everyone to join in.

I completely agree, we can't expect other fans to clap too as they have no idea what it's about. The other day I was watching Spurs and everyone started clapping for a minute, I still have no idea what that was about, and if I were there I certainly wouldn't have joined in without knowing.

The "No respect" chants are a little harsh IMO.

I've just read through the whole match thread on Bluemoon. Sadly their internet forum fanbase recalls a lot of ours, but with the added spice of being a lot, lot worse. Some of the comments are so arrogant and ill-informed that I wanted to punch the screen when I saw them. I feel sorry for the regulars - a couple of people tried to say pipe down and 'God we've turned into a bunch of arrogant premadonnas' but for the most part got told to do one.

Still, even their regular fans are probably sobbing into their pint glasses with an FA Cup, Premier League and One hundred gadzillion pounds worth of player at their disposal.

Manchester City's official website is amazing to be honest.

Makes our site looks poor on comparison.

Worth going on there watching the "Tunnel Cam" and also the 6 minutes highlights.. all free to view.

Tunnel Cam is about 15 minutes long they have it before every game very interesting to watch imo.

Just got back from the match.

Fantastic result fantastic support ;)

Special mention for Delph who I thought was MOM. Didn't put a foot wrong all night with some fab interceptions and nice bits of skill. Honourable mentions to Bennett and Gabby who looked like the player we all think he is.

Superb ;)

Was also at the game and Delph was my shout for MOTM as well. Dominated the midfield and cannot think of any loose passes from the lad, really hope he can reproduce these kind of displays.

Good to have #11 back :lol:

Obviously delighted with the result, but we conceded the same goal again and it is starting to get worrying now. We seem to stand off the opposition when they have the ball 30-35 yards from goal and we are being caught out time and again with it. Balotelli scored with it tonight, Southampton tore us apart with it on Saturday, Brad had to make a spectacular save from Nathan Dyer against Swansea because we didnt press the ball and Newcastle scored with it too. It seems to be a real weakness that needs to be addressed, but it strikes me as it's something Lambert is aware of and is just a by product of something else he is asking our players to do. Does he think keeping shape there is more important? Am I just reading it wrong? It just seems that we are especially vulnerable to a player with the ball 30 yards out at the moment.

this is an issue with the midfield not protecting the back 4 the way they should and is probably caused by a lack of communication/understanding between our midfielders at the moment.

Once we have a settled midfield and they become more accustomed to the style and teammates this will improve

Â