Ashley Westwood

Nabby

How can my opinion make me clueless unless you think your opinion is the only one allowed.

Westwood Is terrible and the evidence of that is that we've spent 4 years fighting relegation mostly with this man at the heart of our team.now that bits fact,my opinion is Westwood Is league one at best and I use the previous fact to back up my argument.

Can you put an opinion forward and back it up too or are you incapable of that?

Just reading the sentence Westwood is an excellent squad player makes me so haooy! Its a step down from the first team already and hopefully we will discuss him one day with the same fondness as Barry bannan!

I've seen some great midfielder at the villa,this guy ain't one.

How can my opinion make me clueless unless you think your opinion is the only one allowed.

Westwood Is terrible and the evidence of that is that we've spent 4 years fighting relegation mostly with this man at the heart of our team.now that bits fact,my opinion is Westwood Is league one at best and I use the previous fact to back up my argument.

Can you put an opinion forward and back it up too or are you incapable of that?

What facts?

Your 'evidence' is your opinion.

No because I knew Lambert was probably resting him and he'd be back in asap.I am delighted this clowns been dropped long may it contunue. The guy should be the first name on the transfer list not our starting 11

Also calling him a clown is absolutely pathetic. I have no idea what a VILLA FAN could have against a player that has given nothing but his all, only ever spoken well of the club and actually been one of our better and more consistent performers since he's been here. (although that isn't really an achievement with how shit we are) Especially to the extent you have with Westwood Daz. The vendetta you have towards him is bordering on personal and it's down right bizarre.

Give your head a wobble.

And PLEASE use proper English with punctuation and capital letters. It hurts my eyes to read your posts at times.

Edited by bickster

Speaking of facts I'm suprised no ones thrown a few stats at me to prove just how valuable such s skilful midfielder is to our team.

I mean he must get a fair few goals from midfield? What's thst? He's barely scored??

OK his assists must be right up there then?what barely an assist to his name?

Key passes then,he must really influence play?wait,hardly a meaningful pass to his name??

OK I got it he's a defensive midfielder?wow his tackling stats must be mind blowing?what's that you say he doesn't tsckle and when he does it usually goes horribly wrong?

I got it,it makes sense now!he's a giant and wins all his headers? NO?

Then what does he do?

Oh he can pass to a full back with absolutely no pressure on him and it reaches its target 75% of the time? England has found its new captain!

If Westwood is a League 1 player then so too are a huge chunk of other PL players.

Speaking of facts I'm suprised no ones thrown a few stats at me to prove just how valuable such s skilful midfielder is to our team.
I mean he must get a fair few goals from midfield? What's thst? He's barely scored??
OK his assists must be right up there then?what barely an assist to his name?
Key passes then,he must really influence play?wait,hardly a meaningful pass to his name??
OK I got it he's a defensive midfielder?wow his tackling stats must be mind blowing?what's that you say he doesn't tsckle and when he does it usually goes horribly wrong?
I got it,it makes sense now!he's a giant and wins all his headers? NO?

Then what does he do?

Oh he can pass to a full back with absolutely no pressure on him and it reaches its target 75% of the time? England has found its new captain!

Football is more than just stats you know.

Edited by Mantis

I take it all back tim! Finally someone who knows a league 1 player when he sees one!love the comment about having no football knowledge if you don't rate westy!if I said that I'd be crucified,surely that's a warning.

Anyone who thinks Ashley Westwood is a good player has a fundamental misunderstanding of football. 

Except you did  :thumb:

I just don't understand why you expend so much energy putting down a VIlla player?

This is beyond an opinion. This is fabricating a conspiracy about the player and calling him a clown because you detest him so much. As I said before, it's bordering on a vendetta.

Yes I know,that was kinda the point there my friend

Then the point was totally lost on me. All I saw was somebody being an insufferable hypocrite.
Edited by StefanAVFC

I don't remember Westwood as being rubbish when he smacked in a half volley from the edge of the box to earn a draw at the hawthorns, also dont remember him being rubbish when he curled in a 20 yard free kick at old Trafford, or for that matter when he scored a vital and we'll taken goal vs Hull in a game we desperately needed to win

But hey ho, arent opinions great? (nope)

Bannedfromhandv you just listed the only things he's ever done of note for the villa.bacunas done more than that and he barely plays!Westwood has basically been an ever present.remember the other 95% of the time he's been on the pitch?me neither?

And dont be so dramatic stefan.the guys earning a very healthy living playing for the team I support and I think he's crap so I'm saying it.if you really want a conspiracy I'd look into whether or not Westwood could be Lambert's son as it would explain the amount of games he got!

Bannedfromhandv you just listed the only things he's ever done of note for the villa.bacunas done more than that and he barely plays!Westwood has basically been an ever present.remember the other 95% of the time he's been on the pitch?me neither?

And dont be so dramatic stefan.the guys earning a very healthy living playing for the team I support and I think he's crap so I'm saying it.if you really want a conspiracy I'd look into whether or not Westwood could be Lambert's son as it would explain the amount of games he got!

You are great value :crylaugh:

You're entitled to that opinion, but the energy you expend in writing the same things over and over again and creating a conspiracy just to justify his inclusion is crazy for a player for the team you support.

But hey ho, world would be boring if we all agreed.

If anyone thinks he's useless and doesn't belong at Villa in our current state. You do not understand how football works; how it's played, how matches or squads work.

I'd query if those questioning him have ever played football at any level, because if you can't appreciate what he does you just don't get it.

Gosh, I wish I understood about football.

:wub:

It's quite hard to judge a single player when the rest of the team has also been doing shite this season. You're only as good as your team - as the saying goes. Look at Borussia Dortmund some of their players are world class and they were bottom of the table not long ago after finishing 2nd last season and being in a champions league final. Now they're 10th but you get my point. 

This line reads like you are somehow trying to blame Westwood for our relegation battles over the past few seasons. Heck, you mention 4 years and then say Westwood has been the heart of our team for most of that... Saying that's a fact? Are you serious?

Also where do you come to the conclusion that he's League 1? Lets for arguments sake, say Westwood is letting the team down and is the result of us having to fight relegation each year (can't believe I just wrote that, ridiculous) shouldn't he be Championship standard then? Where is your basis for being League 1?  

• Like 1

Westwood is a very talented, tidy player but without the right midfield set up he's not all that useful... Just like the rest of our central midfielders. We need experimentation in there to try to find a system that'll actually allow us to create from the middle. He won't be the only cm that gets benched in the coming weeks