Bodymoor Heath

Ulver

I've got the nephew here all summer hols and as usual he wants to go up Bodymoor Heath to get some autographs

So as instructed, I rang the club last Monday and was told 'they aren't training today', damn. I've just rung again and have been told they're not training today either

Is this just a Monday thing ???

In previous years I don't think i've ever been told they're not training no matter what the day of the week

Got a sulky lad here now

Try again tomorrow? Just rock up and see whats occuring?

May be we've got Messi, Rondaldo and Llorente having medicals and the club don't want too many people around. :bonk:

You can go up to Bodymoor at any time. That hasn't been stopped at all. But you can only go inside the entrance gate not past the security man to the actual training bit. Folks just hang around the entrance and the players stop for photos / autographs on the way out

Just seemed odd that twice i've been told they aren't training within the space of a week. Will call again tomorrow as its not really the distance where we can just rock up on the off chance

You can't watch the first team train, no. If you want autographs you'll either have to get there really early, about 8:30ish to catch the players on their way in, or get there about 11:30ish and catch them on their way out.

Binoculars wouldn't help, neither would a telescope from Nasa because they train on a pitch on the other side of the complex which isn't even visible from the public carpark

It's just nice to take young uns up, sit on the grass (if nice) and get the players autographs as they leave at dinner time

Yesterday we had the added bonus of the Under 16's playing Hull City on one of the public view pitches. Had a brief word with Sid, such a gent

• 2 weeks later...
Â