Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I have a real fear that Lambert is turning us into a Midlands version of Norwich City.

I have a fear he is taking us the same way as nottingham forest. straight down and never to return

How could lambert cancel the Holman deal? And the resigning of Guzan can hardly be argued as some sort of policy.

The majority of or signings have been from the lower leagues in this country and many people have supported this and encouraged more of it in January.

Like I asked. If its the right way to achieve success why don't more clubs save money and do it?

I have a fear he is taking us the same way as nottingham forest. straight down and never to return

Ironically Forest may take our place if we relegate, they are sat just outside the play off zone

How could lambert cancel the Holman deal? And the resigning of Guzan can hardly be argued as some sort of policy.

The majority of or signings have been from the lower leagues in this country and many people have supported this and encouraged more of it in January.

Like I asked. If its the right way to achieve success why don't more clubs save money and do it?

He could simply cancel it. Holman didn't officially sign until July. Although re-signing Guzan was a no-brainer he still chose to do it and both of those players still count as summer signings.

Even discounting those two he still signed 3 players from abroad. If he really did have a policy of signing youth players then he would've just gone to the lower leagues to get players he thought the equivalent of KEA, Vlaar and Benteke.

Did Holman not sign a pre contract agreement? I'm not a law expert but I seriously doubt it was as simple as just cancelling the deal.

I don't think anyone thinks he is soley interested in signing lower league players but the majority of our summer signings were from there so it's obviously something he wanted to do.

I think it was definitely possible that the deal could've been called off but I'm not sure how.

Actually, only 4 of our 9 summer signings were from the lower leagues. It really doesn't mean anything. Lambert likes young and hungry players that he can mold and not surprisingly you can find a lot of those in the lower leagues.

I don't think anyone thinks he is soley interested in signing lower league players but the majority of our summer signings were from there so it's obviously something he wanted to do.

It might also be that's all he knows? or been able to get in the past. This is the first club he has been at that has some pulling power. I think he was really chuffed with landing Benteke, he watched him alot and 7 mill was prob his biggest transfer?

It will be interesting to see who he goes for in Jan now he can raise the bar a little higher.

Well that will depend on the wages we can offer as well. To get the Benteke type players instead of the Bowery type players we need to make sure wages are there to attract them.

I think it was definitely possible that the deal could've been called off but I'm not sure how.

Actually, only 4 of our 9 summer signings were from the lower leagues. It really doesn't mean anything. Lambert likes young and hungry players that he can mold and not surprisingly you can find a lot of those in the lower leagues.

If you're going to include Guzan and Holman in a debate about his policy then its pointless.

Haha

It's nothing to do with things that suit your argument. It's just quite clear that Holman and Guzan were not signings based on any sort of policy the manager had.

And it's certainly debatable whether the manager even has a policy outside of "identify weaknesses in the squad - sign players that he thinks will correct said weaknesses".

as today will result in another 0 points for us we really need..

Can you see into the future?

And it's certainly debatable whether the manager even has a policy outside of "identify weaknesses in the squad - sign players that he thinks will correct said weaknesses".

Can you see into the future?

only when i put on my claret and blue tinted glasses