Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Please for once actually man up and admit when your wrong.

Wrong about what?

If you're talking about your idea of what the right player is and my interpretation of that then fair enough (although you can't deny that you focus too much on experience) but if you're talking about me saying that you said that your interpretation on the right player is only based on experience then I have nothing to admit because what I actually said was that you inferred it.

Actually it wasn't. You stormed off saying "you know what you did" when I still don't.

Nope, wrong again Mantis. It was clearly pointed out to you what you did but please continue. The hole that you're now in is getting bigger by the moment. :D

Wrong about what?

If you're talking about your idea of what the right player is and my interpretation of that then fair enough (although you can't deny that you focus too much on experience) but if you're talking about me saying that you said that your interpretation on the right player is only based on experience then I have nothing to admit because what I actually said was that you inferred it.

Unfortunately your idea of the "right type of player" is anybody who has lots of Premier League experience, regardless of whether or not they're any good.

And again. :lol:

Nope, wrong again Mantis. It was clearly pointed out to you what you did but please continue. The hole that you're now in is getting bigger by the moment. :D

Yes, you kept on going on about how I supposedly "doctored" quotes but as I've explained many times all I do is click the quote button and respond to the post.

You know for somebody who lectures people on trying to point score you do it an awful lot.

And again. :lol:

The two posts you quoted back up what I'm saying. Thank you.

Yes, you kept on going on about how I supposedly "doctored" quotes but as I've explained many times all I do is click the quote button and respond to the post.

You know for somebody who lectures people on trying to point score you do it an awful lot.

The two posts you quoted back up what I'm saying. Thank you.

Unfortunately your idea of the "right type of player" is anybody who has lots of Premier League experience, regardless of whether or not they're any good.

And again. :crylaugh:

You're not reading my posts properly. When I made that point about what your idea of the right player was I never mentioned what gave me reason to think that. All I said was that was your idea. Only when you followed me up on it did I say that you inferred it as opposed to said it.

Getting this back on topic. I think the best question in this thread still remains unanswered and was asked by Big John 10 a few pages back: 'If this policy of signing lots of lower league players is such a good one, why haven't other teams done it'?

I don't believe there is a policy of signing lots of lower league players.

I said you've inferred it.

You're not reading my posts properly. When I made that point about what your idea of the right player was I never mentioned what gave me reason to think that. All I said was that was your idea. Only when you followed me up on it did I say that you inferred it as opposed to said it.

You see the contradiction there and we are still back tracking eh Mantis. Man up and admit your wrong. :D

You see the contradiction there and we are still back tracking eh Mantis. Man up and admit your wrong. :D

There is no contradiction there. Read my posts properly.

Sorry I must be on the wrong team's message board here. Where did Bennett, Lowton, Westwood and Bowery come from?

That doesn't mean there's a policy of signing lower league players. Lambert looks at the squad, identifies weaknesses and tries to sign players that he thinks will correct said weaknesses. I doubt he sits there and thinks "I must only buy players from the lower leagues".

I don't believe there is a policy of signing lots of lower league players.

Sorry I must be on the wrong team's message board here. Where did Bennett, Lowton, Westwood and Bowery come from?

Your really on a role tonight Mantis. Keep them coming. :clap:

One of whom has not played yet and one has barely played .

It's hardly "lots" is it ?

There are teams above us who are playing lower league signings more regularly and in greater numbers than us .

I said you've inferred it.

And again.

That doesn't mean there's a policy of signing lower league players. Lambert looks at the squad, identifies weaknesses and tries to sign players that he thinks will correct said weaknesses. I doubt he sits there and thinks "I must only buy players from the lower leagues".

In total Lambert signed 7 players in the summer, over half of which came from the lower leagues, as stated above. We are also being linked with players like James Chester in January, I think it's quite clear what the policy is.

One of whom has not played yet and one has barely played .

It's hardly "lots" is it ?

There are teams above us who are playing lower league signings more regularly and in greater numbers than us .

Any further links to Chester yet.