609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Your really on a role tonight Mantis. Keep them coming. :clap:

It's "roll", not role.

And again.

You know, you've quoted that same post about 20 times but it does nothing to prove your point.

In total Lambert signed 7 players in the summer, over half of which came from the lower leagues, as stated above. We are also being linked with players like James Chester in January, I think it's quite clear what the policy is.

That doesn't mean there's a policy of signing lower league players. To say there's a policy suggests that Lambert deliberately targets these players because they're from lower leagues but in actual fact I think it's because rightly or wrongly those are the players he feels can improve the team.

The fact that he signed 3 players from abroad and didn't call the Holman transfer off kind of disproves this idea that he has a policy of buying lower league players.

In total Lambert signed 7 players in the summer, over half of which came from the lower leagues, as stated above. We are also being linked with players like James Chester in January, I think it's quite clear what the policy is.

So 4 from lower leagues, 3 from elsewhere. I think that is too close to start calling it a pattern or policy. Let's give him another transfer window (or two) first. Personally, I have no problem if he does recruit mainly from lower leagues - some of the lower league signings he made at Norwich were excellent.

Agreed ATO and i also remember certain posters praising Lambert for his policy of signing lower league players yet now that isn't Lambert's policy. David was right some on here are as fickle as f**k!

It's "roll", not role.

You know, you've quoted that same post about 20 times but it does nothing to prove your point.

It wasn't a grammatical mistake Mantis. You are at the moment playing a role :D of a Court Jester. Plenty of tricks and flicks but still a joke and the posts i have quoted prove my point exactly!

It wasn't a grammatical mistake Mantis. You are at the moment playing a role :D of a Court Jester. Plenty of tricks and flicks but still a joke and the posts i have quoted prove my point exactly!

Nice try, but you clearly didn't mean that.

I'm not normally one to be picky and pedantic over other people's spelling mistakes but since you were trying to belittle and score points at the same time I thought it was best I point that out.

So 4 from lower leagues, 3 from elsewhere. I think that is too close to start calling it a pattern or policy. Let's give him another transfer window (or two) first. Personally, I have no problem if he does recruit mainly from lower leagues - some of the lower league signings he made at Norwich were excellent.

There lies the problem in itself, Norwich's transfer policy should be very different to ours. We have completely different budgets for both wages and transfers to them and can attract a much higher calibre of player.

It's "roll", not role.

That doesn't mean there's a policy of signing lower league players. To say there's a policy suggests that Lambert deliberately targets these players because they're from lower leagues but in actual fact I think it's because rightly or wrongly those are the players he feels can improve the team.

The fact that he signed 3 players from abroad and didn't call the Holman transfer off kind of disproves this idea that he has a policy of buying lower league players.

I beg to differ. When the majority of a manager's signings have come from the lower leagues that tells me there is a clear policy in place. Why would he call off the Holman deal? It was a free transfer, nothing to lose.

Nice try, but you clearly didn't mean that.

I'm not normally one to be picky and pedantic over other people's spelling mistakes but since you were trying to belittle and score points at the same time I thought it was best I point that out.

Ah now your a clairvoyant as well. I've no need to try and belittle you, you've already done that more than enough to yourself tonight but please continue.

The on topic section of VT has always between a volatile place and is usually dominated by posters who dwell at the far ends of a spectrum . The middle ground is rarely heard which is understandable as the squeaky wheel gets the oil so they say . I am all for having an opinion regardless of what it may be but I what I really can't get my head around is why people would post the same opinion over and over ad nauseum . This is then all served up with a helping of childish bickering , point scoring and one-upmanship that is rarely seen outside of the comments section of a Justin Bieber youtube video.

Villa may be low in the league but the quality of posts in here of late are far lower and you can't blame Lerner or lower league signings for that one .

• Like 2

Ah now your a clairvoyant as well. I've no need to try and belittle you, you've already done that more than enough to yourself tonight but please continue.

Nope, I can just tell when somebody meant to say "you're on a roll". I mean, it was blatantly obvious and who on Earth says "you're on a role"? You only mentioned the jester bit when I called you up on your mistake.

And you're doing it again.

I beg to differ. When the majority of a manager's signings have come from the lower leagues that tells me there is a clear policy in place. Why would he call off the Holman deal? It was a free transfer, nothing to lose.

Technically he made 9 signings and only 4 of them came from the lower leagues. If there was a clear policy in place we would not have bought any players from abroad.

Well if there was a policy in place he would have called off the Holman deal because he wasn't from a lower league. He also might have felt the Holman wages could be better spent elsewhere.

Villa may be low in the league but the quality of posts in here of late are far lower and you can't blame Lerner or lower league signings for that one .

I wouldn't put it past some on here to try. ;)

Nope, I can just tell when somebody meant to say "you're on a roll". I mean, it was blatantly obvious and who on Earth says "you're on a role"? You only mentioned the jester bit when I called you up on your mistake.

Technically he made 9 signings and only 4 of them came from the lower leagues. If there was a clear policy in place we would not have bought any players from abroad.

Well if there was a policy in place he would have called off the Holman deal because he wasn't from a lower league. He also might have felt the Holman wages could be better spent elsewhere.

I wouldn't put it past some on here to try. ;)

9 signings now? When the deal with Holman was already agreed and signed thanks to Alex McLeish, ready for him to move when his contract expired. Lambert didn't do anything.

Your second point is laughable. It's well known that Arsene Wenger has a policy of signing players from abroad, does this mean when the opportunity comes up to sign young english talent like Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain he turns it down? Of course it doesn't.

Mantis you are David Icke aren't you.

Mantis you are David Icke aren't you.

No I'm not a lunatic conspiracy theorist.

9 signings now? When the deal with Holman was already agreed and signed thanks to Alex McLeish, ready for him to move when his contract expired. Lambert didn't do anything.

Your second point is laughable. It's well known that Arsene Wenger has a policy of signing players from abroad, does this mean when the opportunity comes up to sign young english talent like Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain he turns it down? Of course it doesn't.

Technically Holman signed under Lambert, although obviously that deal was done and dusted but Lambert still could have called it off for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Arsene Wenger has nothing to do with Paul Lambert. It could be argued that Lambert has a policy of signing players from outside the Premier League but I think it's wrong to say that he has a policy of signing lower league players.

Maybe one thats just in denial but hasn't come out just yet? Na i think you Icke alright.

And the last word goes to.......

Nope, I'm really not. Are you going to get back on topic or just continue to insult me and point score?