Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

They beat City, doesn't mean they will beat Arsenal either.

Again, not saying Arsenal are dead certs to win, but some of you are acting like it's already been written in stone.

More are suggesting they have no chance or that we are safe based on them playing Arsenal next. I am not saying they will beat Arsenal but there is a bigger chance than some fans are making out.

Fair play to them, they put some of the magic back in to the cup with that win and they were the better team on the day.

Hopefully they'll be out on the town celebrating tonight.

Arsenal are top of the form table while Wigan are 16th.

yeah, same last season when Wigan won 1-2 at the Emirates to almost secure safety.

Arsenal 1-2 Wigan

We're all aware what happened, but the circumstances are different this time.

Wigan aren't actually in that great form, Arsenal are and Wigan will be tired from a cup final.

Wigan outplaying Man City today. They can do the same against a nervy Arsenal team who have shown time and time again they have no balls.

It's an FA Cup final. Of course Wigan are going to raise their game today. If anything it's good Wigan are playing like this because they'll be even more spent on Tuesday.

And they will raise it, as they have done every single season since they came up, in a relegation battle.

Just like they did on Tuesday night?

A final on their mind, which they have just won against Man City, a top four team (above Arsenal).

Can you not see the difference between playing in a cup final and in a regular league game?

I can see a team up for it, as they do every season. They lost to Swansea, doesn't mean they will lose to Arsenal. 

Way too cocky from some of our fans.

No team has won the FA Cup and then been relegated in the same season

Arsenal will be up for it too though

I don't think Arsenal are guaranteed to avoid defeat but some are acting like Wigan will definitely win.

They can't nip down to FA headquarters and trade it in for points ffs.

The result has absolutely nothing to do with what's to come. Running yourselves into the ground for 90mins on the Wembley pitch on the other hand...

Edited by flamingsombrero

Leaving aside the fact there are 3 or 4 other teams who are also in the mix I can't see why so many are on convinced that this means Wigan will beat Arsenal. I can't see Arsenal being as lethargic as CIty were today, and if there was any complaceny then today would have been the perfect warning. Much rather City taken Wigan for granted than Arsenal. Hopefully they'll spend the next couple of days celebrating hard.

Arsenal are one of those teams that relying on is not a good thing. I'm not saying Wigan will win, just that we cannot and should not ever rely on Arsenal as previous rules state. they have no balls

At least we have points on the board. You have to think that out of Wigan, Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich one of them will draw one and lose one of their last two?

Edited by thunderball

Leaving aside the fact there are 3 or 4 other teams who are also in the mix I can't see why so many are on convinced that this means Wigan will beat Arsenal. I can't see Arsenal being as lethargic as CIty were today, and if there was any complaceny then today would have been the perfect warning. Much rather City taken Wigan for granted than Arsenal. Hopefully they'll spend the next couple of days celebrating hard.

Think you find more are suggesting an Arsenal win is all but assured. People like myself are just suggesting this is not the case - not that we think Wigan will win, just that it is not said and done.

That game was alot like the league game between them the differance then was Tevez pull a rabbit out of the hat.That City team haven't given a shit since they lost the league title ,and the heavy rumours Mancini is for the chop hasn't helped either.

I think there's cases for both. Some seem assured we'll stay up and Arsenal will win, but of the posts made after the final whistle just blew, more seem to think that it's Wigan's destiny to beat Arsenal and stay up, which is just daft.

Pros to them winning: More confidence and belief going into the Arsenal game.

Cons to them winning: They really had to work for it, they ran themselves ragged for 90 minutes and then have to play a good team in a few days time who have a Champion's League spot to play for.

Also, they only scored when they had an extra man on the pitch.

There's no point anyone saying they're confident we'll stay up or confident Wigan will turn over Arsenal, but the fact is, it's still unlikely that they will. And even if they do it doesn't mean that we're down. There's nothing we can do either way. The overreaction is a bit daft.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2