Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Thanks guys, baptism of fire in here eh?! Haha.

As mentioned before it would take an incredible amount of results for us to be relegated now. I can see ourselves getting a result on Saturday against Chelsea anyway. Think we will be right up for it after our previous result against that mob.

Thanks guys, baptism of fire in here eh?! Haha.

As mentioned before it would take an incredible amount of results for us to be relegated now. I can see ourselves getting a result on Saturday against Chelsea anyway. Think we will be right up for it after our previous result against that mob.

That comment get's you your 1st ban on VT.........................over to you BOF ;):P

• Like 1

Wigan's remaining games...

- Arsenal away

- The mighty Villa at home

If they secure 6 points from that then they deserve to stay up!!

Before their defeat against Swansea, I was worried as I could see them picking up 6 points from their remaining 3 games, with one of those being against Swansea. Well, they screwed that up and the best I can see them doing is a draw at Arsenal and a win against us - which would mean we would be safe from relegation.

Personally, I think they will lose against Arsenal... and I think we would beat them on the final day of the season

... but like most of you, I want to our premiership status to be confirmed as quick as possible, so a win against chelsea please :-D

I agree with all of it except for seeing us get a result. We'll be up for it. We'll give them a performance and I think we're capable of a draw but I think we'll lose. But it's OK because I don't see the other set of incredible results happening so we will be OK. Wigan for one, won't be able to sit down for a week after the buggering they get at the Emirates.

• Like 1

I'm still not convinced this over yet. I wont feel safe til we're mathematically safe.

Tuesday @ 21:40.

The most telling thing about the defeat to Swansea was the reaction of the players, if Spurs win at Stoke on Sunday they replace Arsenal in top 4, Arsenal will have to beat Wigan to guarentee top 4. Plus the fact that Arsenal will have played once in 9 days, whereas Wigan 3 times. Granted they may get a result but it's extremely unlikely given the circuumstances Arsenal are in.

On Chelsea, they look shattered in the last 20mins yesterday, so we may get something in that game, but a lot has to happen between now and Wed for us to be in a relegation fight a week on Sun.

The most telling thing about the defeat to Swansea was the reaction of the players, if Spurs win at Stoke on Sunday they replace Arsenal in top 4, Arsenal will have to beat Wigan to guarentee top 4. Plus the fact that Arsenal will have played once in 9 days, whereas Wigan 3 times. Granted they may get a result but it's extremely unlikely given the circuumstances Arsenal are in.

On Chelsea, they look shattered in the last 20mins yesterday, so we may get something in that game, but a lot has to happen between now and Wed for us to be in a relegation fight a week on Sun.

Furthermore, anyone stating that Wigan beat Arsenal at this stage last year as some kind of portent, are not taking into account that Arsenal's circumstances this time around are very different, not to mention the memory of last year.

NOTE: I have a terrible problem where I miss out words when I type. Really don't know why I do it. Was mean't to say...

I'm still not convinced this is over yet. I wont feel safe til we're mathematically safe. 

But yeah, I hope you're right Mark, failing that... I hope you're right BOF! :)

I'd love for Wigan to lose to Arsenal, guaranteeing our safety.

Then for Wigan to give us the rightful 5,000 seats we deserve at the DW,

Then for Villa to beat wigan 0-9 on the day to send them down :3 

After we lose on Saturday, what happens then if Wigan beat Arsenal? Do we think we will go down then?

*if

Even then, so many if's. Not worth worrying about.

After we lose on Saturday, what happens then if Wigan beat Arsenal? Do we think we will go down then?

Doesn't bear thinking about

So Saturday is in fact another MUST WIN game for us???!!!

Don't think I can stand another  season of this sort of stuff...

A draw will be enough