Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Now when QPR won West Ham won and Sunderland drew, I have updated the predictor and get this table:

So today's results haven't made you reevaluate your predictions for the other games in the next month?

Not really. I had Southampton getting a point against Norwich next weekend, and today's Southampton loss against QPR has not made me think that they will win against Norwich. And I would not change it to a loss for Southampton either, as I keep the prediction conservative and a loss next Saturday will be a bonus for Villa (one point less vs my predictor).

The Sunderland draw at home and the QPR win changes nothing on the match between them either. I still have a prediction that QPR will win that match.

Yes it's not exactly good for us. We just need to win games now simple whether they be against the big or small teams. Those who don't think QPR can catch us - LOL are you for real? On current form we won't beat them either.

On the current form of playing with Arsenal and Everton and beating West Ham? That feels like pretty good form to me. I bet you know we are playing fairly well too. It just does not fit the agenda.

We just need to beat Reading and QPR to stay up

That's the bottom line

How is that the bottom line?

If we beat both but Wigan win 2 in the next 3 then our stance is no different. Obviously there are other teams who may get sucked in should us and Wigan win 2 of next 3 but I am just illustrating how easily positions can change. Say Qpr win there next game - and we then beat them - we are still only 4 points above them.

2 wins from them games will help, but its not the be all and end all.

Edited by Woodytom

We just need to beat Reading and QPR to stay up

That's the bottom line

That would give us 30 points - not enough.

I would agree we need to beat them both - but that will only help us stay up - those two wins alone won't keep us up. Really don't fancy us v QPR.....

QPR winning is probably good for us, if they end up finishing above us then we deserve to go down.

Although I wanted a draw, I can't stand them or Redknob.

If we are going down - in might be good if QPR stay up - 1 less strong team in the championship.

Not really. I had Southampton getting a point against Norwich next weekend, and today's Southampton loss against QPR has not made me think that they will win against Norwich. And I would not change it to a loss for Southampton either, as I keep the prediction conservative and a loss next Saturday will be a bonus for Villa (one point less vs my predictor).

The Sunderland draw at home and the QPR win changes nothing on the match between them either. I still have a prediction that QPR will win that match.

Fair enough - ta for your explanation. :)

This Weekend

OPR beat Southampton

Everton beat Reading

Liverpool beat Wigan

Then we will have a free go at City on Monday night. 

A 'Free Go' at them. Are they not turning up until the second half then?

:D

Free Go it is!  Lovely

Good result QPR beating Soton. The more the merrier down at the bottom.

I agree. Results couldn't have gone much better for us today. There are definitely 5 teams in the mix and we are currently third in that mini table needing to finish in the top 2 to stay up. I also think Sunderland could get pulled into the mix.