Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Just logged on... Don't even know the score from today although i have no doubt we lost.. coz well... erm.... we're crap! & judging by the above posts looks that is indeed the case.

The usual pre match BS of how we are now so much better after a win against West Ham & the players have had chance to

recover & work on some things etc............ So we lose... Again!

Anyone changed their vote based on today's result?

Would you be saying that if we had won?

If we had won I would have baked a cake so I wouldn't have had the time to ask the question.

Anyway, a win was hardly likely with our bad manager and pathetic loser players so your question is irrelevant.

I fully expected us to lose today and expected a backlash from Arsenal but we didn't capitulate ala Chelsea. A loss is a loss though. 

Edited by trekka

If we had won I would have baked a cake so I wouldn't have had the time to ask the question.

Anyway, a win was hardly likely with our bad manager and pathetic loser players so your question is irrelevant.

I fully expected us to lose today and expected a backlash from Arsenal but we didn't capitulate ala Chelsea. A loss is a loss though. 

Glad you edited your post. I was getting rather worried when you originally said you agreed with me!

:D

• Like 1

The 3 down there now are the 3 who will go down. Wigan better than us, and always get out.

Agreed.. Not a chance we will finish above Wigan now in my opinion. They are miles better than us... How sad!

Quite a ridiculous statement. After 27 games (Quite a large set of data), they are entirely equal in terms of points.  Yep, absolutely miles better than us.

I take it when we leap frogged them only a couple of weeks ago was a one off that has no chance of happening again?

It's not looking good. Wigan will probably do their usual Houdini act. Newcastle have too much quality and their owner decided to spend a bit of money in January. Southampton haven't imploded with the new manager. I don't see any other team getting drawn into it.

The 3 down there now are the 3 who will go down. Wigan better than us, and always get out.

Agreed.. Not a chance we will finish above Wigan now in my opinion. They are miles better than us... How sad!

Quite a ridiculous statement. After 27 games (Quite a large set of data), they are entirely equal in terms of points.  Yep, absolutely miles better than us.

I take it when we leap frogged them only a couple of weeks ago was a one off that has no chance of happening again?

Well they did stuff us 3-0 at VP too very recently. Ok "miles better" is maybe overcooking it a touch but for me they are definately a better team than us.

So it seems that is now 11 times we have been behind & lost 10 of them?

very bad loss for me.. I know it was away at Arsenal etc but we should have been fresher than them having had 2 weeks off & with them having had a very tough game in midweek, plus they are nowhere near as good as some recent Arsenal sides... Especially going into the last 5 mins at 1-1, to lose it again is extremely disappointing.

Maybe we are trying to break the "losing it in the last few minutes" record to go with the other records we have achieved this season?

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Glad you edited your post. I was getting rather worried when you originally said you agreed with me!

:D

I *do* agree with you. Surprised?!  B)

I wouldn't have put in those terms but a win was hardly likely as you've said. 

Edited by trekka

We have more quality than Wigan on paper (just about) but they're far better mentally and they've also got a much better manager.

A much better manager eh? 

Incidently he was my first choice in the Mcleish summer. My dad absolutely raves about him. And for the last 6 months I have wondered why?

Wigan have shown no improvement since he has been there. 

Most knew it was vital to have gotten the three points against WHU considering the next  two matches we had against Arsenal and Citeh, which would more than likely put us back in the bottom 3. I'm still confident we'll get out of it and as long as we do not get humped next week, we have so much much to play for in the likes of Reading away and QPR at home. Just have to keep a decent level of confidence and today can't have eroded that too much. 

For me the situation hasnt changed

I did not expect us to get anything out of the Arsenal or Man City game

Yes Wigan won but it was a possibility that either of those 2 sides would win that game a draw being the best result for us

I still think if we win all our winnable games we can still stay up

• Like 1