Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The other teams look like they are capable of scoring goals though. Which at the moment we don't and we don't how to stop them at the moment either.

Southampton scored 3, Reading on (and won), Wigan scored 3 (albeit against us!) It's only QPR that look worse than us at this point imo.

But I do believe with players getting fit and a couple in we could be ok. But this is the first time i've been really worried (including when McDuff was here).

While I understand your point (and agree), we did look like scoring and keeping clean sheets before this woeful run. In addition, Reading didnt look like could win before yesterday, nor did Wigan.

Southampton have been quite good, but don't win. Out of all teams thats the combination Id be most worried about, because other than perhaps a bit of luck - theres not a lot of room for improvement.

While I understand its hard not to focus on the last 3 games, its pointless because its happened Those 3 games are part of 20 this season that still see us above the drop (albeit by the skin of our teeth). Add the injury returns and hopefully a bit of investment, there is plenty of hope.

Time to start an 18 game mini season and get behind them as best we can.

Problem is that 8-0 defeat has totally destroyed the confidence in the camp. They are all full of self doubt now .

Well they need to get over it and move on. I have and they get paid enough to be mentally strong enough to as well.

Edited by Woodytom

To be clear, our points return was improving slowly up until the Chelsea game. Obviously the last three results have been shite and so we are not now improving (no shit!)

For me it's all on Lerner - Lambert took over a **** circus and if RL doesnt back him we are in a lot of troublet

Well we can agree on Lerner.

He's the reason this club is a **** shambles right now.

Well they need to get over it and move on. I have and they get paid enough to be mentally strong enough to as well.

Thats where having some experience in the side would help. When we got stuffed 7-1 by Chelsea in 2010 we bounced back straight away winning 4 and drawing one of our next 5 league games. Back then though we had the likes of Freidel, Petrov, Dunne, Carew in the side all with vast experience.

Southamptons game in hand is away to Chelsea not Utd. It was meant to be played when Chelsea played Corinthians the other week.

To be fair they are giving it a go and have been scoring goals. The proof was there yesterday seeing them hit 3 at the home of the side with the best defence in Europe wasnt it? (least goals conceded bar Barcelona). The only saving grace being their defence is just as suspect as ours. If our home game against them was tomorrow theyd muller us (again) imho

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue