Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Actually Pacbuddies you offered a fair amount more than facts and stats (are you Rafa in disguise?) you offered a fair amount of opinion.

You are right that McLeish had more points at this stage of the season, but I'm not exactly sure what that proves? Does it mean that McLeish is a better manager than Lambert? In my personal opinion there isn't a chance in hell that is true.

Drawing such a comparison also doesn't really take into account the actual games played in those 15 games, which teams we've faced and who we've had home and away. McLeish had a really easy start to the season in which he picked up quite a few points and then it was just down hill from then.

Mantis is right, the only solid fact is when the season ends. The rest is just opinion, although I share yours that we need to add to the squad in January and a couple of experienced players would be my preference.

Actually Pacbuddies you offered a fair amount more than facts and stats (are you Rafa in disguise?) you offered a fair amount of opinion.

You are right that McLeish had more points at this stage of the season, but I'm not exactly sure what that proves? Does it mean that McLeish is a better manager than Lambert? In my personal opinion there isn't a chance in hell that is true.

Drawing such a comparison also doesn't really take into account the actual games played in those 15 games, which teams we've faced and who we've had home and away. McLeish had a really easy start to the season in which he picked up quite a few points and then it was just down hill from then.

Mantis is right, the only solid fact is when the season ends. The rest is just opinion, although I share yours that we need to add to the squad in January and a couple of experienced players would be my preference.

Exactly Trent.

In the 15 games to date 9 of them have been against the might of West Ham, Swansea, Southampton, Albion, Fulham, Norwich, Sunderland, Reading and QPR (that's 60% to save you doing the mathematics) so some consideration of who we have played has been given.

Now, I would never say that Lambert is as bad as McLeish but Lambert is not AVFC. The facts are the facts and at present we are 5 points worse off after 15 games than we were last season. Hopefully the next 23 games will yield more points than those amassed by McLeish last season.

In the 15 games to date 9 of them have been against the might of West Ham, Swansea, Southampton, Albion, Fulham, Norwich, Sunderland, Reading and QPR (that's 60% to save you doing the mathematics) so some consideration of who we have played has been given.

Yes I'm fully aware of who we've played and I don't need any help with that sort of maths.

You are though totally ignoring the point I was making and you are making no comparison to the 15 fixtures played by McLeish which were far easier than those we've had this season. So you've considered who we've played this season but not last so its a rather limited comparison.

Now, I would never say that Lambert is as bad as McLeish but Lambert is not AVFC. The facts are the facts and at present we are 5 points worse off after 15 games than we were last season. Hopefully the next 23 games will yield more points than those amassed by McLeish last season.

So what exactly is your point? Because I'm struggling to see what it is. If its that we've not got many points or that we've got less than this time last year, I don't think that was a point that required making or clarifying. I think everyone is aware of it.

Your post seemed though to suggest that indicates something and I personally don't think it does other than we were poor last season and we are poor this season.

Yes I'm fully aware of who we've played and I don't need any help with that sort of maths.

You are though totally ignoring the point I was making and you are making no comparison to the 15 fixtures played by McLeish which were far easier than those we've had this season. So you've considered who we've played this season but not last so its a rather limited comparison.

So what exactly is your point? Because I'm struggling to see what it is. If its that we've not got many points or that we've got less than this time last year, I don't think that was a point that required making or clarifying. I think everyone is aware of it.

Your post seemed though to suggest that indicates something and I personally don't think it does other than we were poor last season and we are poor this season.

Actually Trent if you want to know the point of my post you will have to trawl all the way back to my original post on page 156 that Mantis decided to jump on.

Any posts that I have made to you since have merely been in response to your posts.

I don't really care about the cup, we aren't going to win it so I'm not bothered if we go out. As for Europe I've little or no interest in us playing in the Europa league, in fact I think given the make up of our squad I think it would be a disaster.

Staying up is all that matters this season.