Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

He's made mistakes, but he gave the fans the manager they wanted and backed him with money.

What total crap, £20 million in todays market is 1 good player, we needed at least 5. we have one of the best incomes in the league yet act like a championship team with our expenditure.

we have the youngest team in the prem and it is this reason why we are struggling.

Work out how many players have gone and for how much, now ask yourself if a £20 million spend is good enough.

I have been a fan of Learner since he took over but now see that he is the problem, he has to spend money to accumulate money, 32000 fans when it should be 43000, how much are we losing every home game?

WE are very average and very very boring, why should people who work hard and have to manage the budgets spend money to watch this tripe. We pay to see players do things with a ball that we could not do and to be excited for 90 mins to escape our problems and to forget our lives for 90 mins. to be honest watching the villa nowadays is so boring i am thinking about anything but football during the game, I could probably see more skill and endeavor on a park pitch on a sunday which is free to watch.

Am I pissed off - you bet.

• Like 1

What total crap, £20 million in todays market is 1 good player, we needed at least 5. we have one of the best incomes in the league yet act like a championship team with our expenditure.

we have the youngest team in the prem and it is this reason why we are struggling.

Work out how many players have gone and for how much, now ask yourself if a £20 million spend is good enough.

I have been a fan of Learner since he took over but now see that he is the problem, he has to spend money to accumulate money, 32000 fans when it should be 43000, how much are we losing every home game?

WE are very average and very very boring, why should people who work hard and have to manage the budgets spend money to watch this tripe. We pay to see players do things with a ball that we could not do and to be excited for 90 mins to escape our problems and to forget our lives for 90 mins. to be honest watching the villa nowadays is so boring i am thinking about anything but football during the game, I could probably see more skill and endeavor on a park pitch on a sunday which is free to watch.

Am I pissed off - you bet.

"we have one of the best incomes in the league" Really?

Even though we have a good income don't we still operate at a loss? Maybe i'm wrong.

If we dont invest in a couple of quality midfielders in January then we really will struggle to stay up.

The midfield is the poorest I have seen in 25 years. The only positives from today were Benteke, Guzan, holding onto to the point and Norwich proving their a load of shite as well by not being able to beat is.

Investment is all that can save us in my opinion. We look poor and we've mostly had an easy fixture list so far as we've played no CL teams through a quarter of the season. The midfield is also my biggest concern, they're all over the place. There's a reason Delph hasn't been playing the past few years, let's not start doing it now.

It's incredibly depressing. We get stick for our attendances etc but I am proud of myself and the other 30k who made it because what on earth do we get in return. Nothing has gone right at this club since that cup final, nothing.

Houllier as having a mare but just as things turned around he has ill health and ends up leaving, then McLeish I don't even need to go into that farce and now we gained some positivity and optimism and got the man we wanted and things are still falling to pieces all around us. I've stated so categorically to rivals fans that we wouldn't go down but I am sitting here now mulling over what i've seen today and now i'd be absolutely delighted if the season ended now and we scraped survival somehow.

Bent's going, it's obvious and though some people seem to think this is a good thing they'll quickly realise it isn't when the team that scores no goals and makes no chances sells the only one who can nick something out of fairly little. Think it sums it up that people bone off Holman cause of his brilliant work rate, so many times i've seen an opportunity for him to make a great chance for our striker and the adrenalins kicked in and he's gone for the blast.

Some of these young players have regressed rather then progressed, I loved Albrighton when he was coming through, he had a v.good season under Houllier generally, now I don't even recognise the run before think one dimensional player I see now, so many I could say the same for. Problem is they don't think they're in a fight, there is some serious delusion that we're worth tons more points or something and that isn't the case, and it's coming mainly from the manager and filtering through the squad, our OS is like a propaganda machine the way it tries to twist things in our favour.

I am embarrassed at the moment of this club, the club I love and I am actually embarrassed when we're live on tv cause i sit at the ground knowing others are watching how shit we've become, i'd love to know what happens behind the scenes cause this club is dying on it's feet and the only way I can see it going if we don't pull off something special in one of these grim fixtures we have is down, and for Aston Villa to be relegated means a failure at every level of management involved in the club because we should be seeing so much better.

If we go down I think we will stay down like Leeds,Sheff Wednesday, Derby and Forest. I think this team would struggle in the championship. The swindon game will be a marker of just how bad we are.

"we have one of the best incomes in the league" Really?

Even though we have a good income don't we still operate at a loss? Maybe i'm wrong.

We are in the top twenty earners in europe this was stated not long ago, if we are running at a loss then why. i do not understand this. if it is true then how will being relegated, losing the tv money etc help us, surely we should be speculating to accumulate.

I've seen Villa relegated a few times since the mid sixties and I have to say this current team have the air of the drop written all over it. The midfield are ineffectual. They neither create nor score goals. Two quality signings needed to inject some purpose into the team. A wide player wouldn't 'hurt either. Will Randy ante up in the window or forfeit the Premiership riches when we drop? By the time Lambert gets this team together we'll be staring down the barrels of the firing squad. No pun intended.

What scared me today was we were gifted the goal we still couldn't get a grip on tge game. At 1-0 we should be keeping the ball and making norwich Chase, as it was we kept playing 40 yard hoofs which gave the ball to norwich for us to Chase instead.

I've seen Villa relegated a few times since the mid sixties and I have to say this current team have the air of the drop written all over it. The midfield are ineffectual. They neither create nor score goals. Two quality signings needed to inject some purpose into the team. A wide player wouldn't 'hurt either. Will Randy ante up in the window or forfeit the Premiership riches when we drop? By the time Lambert gets this team together we'll be staring down the barrels of the firing squad. No pun intended.

Totally agree with this, I have been going down since the Bruce rioch Andy Lockhead days and can honestly say this is the worst midfield I have seen at the Villa. we have no one to chip in with the odd goal, no one who can hold the ball and lay off a pin point pass, no leader, no organiser, no width, no height, no player who wants to control the game, we are very very average and deserve to be in the position we are in.

How many players would Redknapp keep in our present squad if Randy said to him there's 50m-60m to spend in January to get us out of trouble and another 50m-60m come the end of the season? Being realistic that is never going to happen but i'd be interested to hear points of view on this?

Vlaar, Guzan and then i'm struggling. Maybe Benteke on today's performance but he has still a way to go to convince me. Harry would also sell Bent. Our squad is really that bad and as i stated several weeks ago our present squad would indeed struggle to get anywhere near the top six in the Championship.