General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi general

have the club got plans for getting supporters to european away games next season, i.e travel packages, striking a deal with an airline for good prices for flights.

a reply would be greatly appreicated.

All I can say is I LOVE this football club more and more each week.

Even my Egg chasing work mates have asked regarding the Acorns news, it is amazing coverage!!!!!!

General just on the European footy thing, it looks like we'll only get 6 days notice of our opposition in the Intertoto..hardly enough time to sort travel arrangements to the a***hole of nowhere in Europe! Any "official" travel packages would be most welcome, I can understand the difficulties though.

Hey...it's a nice complaint!

General, if you're still in the running marathons game, I think I've got an idea as to how you could raise an awful lot of money for Acorns!

There's a couple of thousand people here who'll sponsor you for starters!

General, if you're still in the running marathons game, I think I've got an idea as to how you could raise an awful lot of money for Acorns!

That is an awesome idea......General running the marathon in a Villa top for Acorns charity, you would get a fortune in charity money from us villa fans, unlike say a normal villa fan doing it......no pressure though :winkold:

That is an awesome idea......General running the marathon in a Villa top for Acorns charity, you would get a fortune in charity money from us villa fans, unlike say a normal villa fan doing it......no pressure though :winkold:

Actually General, thinking about it is there anyway Villa fans can do it through Villa. Ok, let me re-phrase that, I'm born and bred a Brummie but due to work commitments, I have the hardship 8) of currently working in Sydney, Australia. We have a small run of 14km that happens every year called City2Surf and thousands upon thousands do it and this year it happens on August 10th.

I'm debating whether to do it this year, kind of an incentive to get fitter over the next few months but I think what might make my mind up is if I'm doing it for a good cause like a charity. I have no idea how to go about that, apart from mocking up a little form, getting my friends and co-workers to donate some money to me and then me donating online to Acorns or something.

Is there anyway the Villa could set something up, maybe a facility where we can download official forms from the Villa website, that maybe has the Acorns and Villa logo's on and then any sponsorship we get after the event we can then donate back through the website???

I can imagine there are many many Villa fans that do events like this and could possibly raise additional money, so us fans can help as well, I think help from the club on this would make it a lot easier. We can also have a charity meter or something on the website for how much the fans raise for Acorns....that maybe a little corny.

Plus hopefully my new Villa home top will arrive in time for the run, so promoting the Acorns charity and Villa at the same time running in my Villa kit.

Maybe in the new range that we bring out in the store/on-line, maybe a running vest with Acorns logo and Villa logo on, especially for this type of thing. Just a few thoughts anyway.

General,

With you mentioning Jesus in your previous post, both Blair and Bush said that God played a part in their decisions whilst in office. Would Randy, MON or yourself ever make decisions about AVFC because the lord told you?

Hi General,

I have a feeling that this may have been asked before at some point but don't have the energy to search all the pages.

Would it be possible to arrange an online Q&A with Martin? You know the kind of thing, we all fire thousands of questions at him and he picks one he likes and replies back? I'm sure there will be alot of transfer related questions which he won't want to comment on but they can be ignored or filtered. I'm sure we all have alot of burning questions about the season ahead.

I think it would be fantastic and possibly the closest 99% of us could ever get to interact with the manager.

What do you think?

General, any news on the number of ST's sold in the first few weeks ?

Also General now we know the two canidates for the next president how do you see it going ?

It certainly wil be the most open and diverse race for years ?

If you had money on it now who do you think would win rather than who you want to win ?

General Krulak here:

1. Lots of good ideas re. fundraising for Acorns. I am forwarding them in as we get them. The one that will not work is the old "Krulak run the marathon trick"...not gonna happen. I work out everyday but my knees cannot take the pounding anymore.

2. Never been to Cosat Rica.

3. Folks are looking at travel packages now.

4. Nick76: Two suggestions. 1) contact Duncan Riddle at AVFC and see what he can do or 2) go straight to Acorns and I am sure they will act as the sponsor/go-between to set this up.

5. Beasley: IF the Lord spoke to me, I would jump through hoops to do what he wanted. Maybe he would point me towards a right back.

6 Season Tickets: Approximately 5450 sold to date....against a target of 3600 for this date. Thingsd are going well.

General Krulak here:

1. Lots of good ideas re. fundraising for Acorns. I am forwarding them in as we get them. The one that will not work is the old "Krulak run the marathon trick"...not gonna happen. I work out everyday but my knees cannot take the pounding anymore.

2. Never been to Cosat Rica.

3. Folks are looking at travel packages now.

4. Nick76: Two suggestions. 1) contact Duncan Riddle at AVFC and see what he can do or 2) go straight to Acorns and I am sure they will act as the sponsor/go-between to set this up.

5. Beasley: IF the Lord spoke to me, I would jump through hoops to do what he wanted. Maybe he would point me towards a right back.

6 Season Tickets: Approximately 5450 sold to date....against a target of 3600 for this date. Thingsd are going well.

General, lets have a charity fun run for Acorns from Villa Park, do a lap around Sty Andrews and then return to Villa Park. Afterall we have been running rings around them all season!

General Krulak here:... IF the Lord spoke to me, I would jump through hoops to do what he wanted. Maybe he would point me towards a right back...

General, the Lord is said to be omnipresent. If that is the case, then clearly he/she is going to be permanently offside. Listening to the footballing advice of someone/thing who is always getting caught offside....bad move, IMO. Stick with one of the other more earth bound saviours would be my advice. There's a few round about the vicinity of the Villa Park.

( I was down to burn for all eternity already, what difference will a smiting make?)

Hey General, few questions....

1) Are there any more pre-season friendlies in the pipeline, after all there is a gap on the weekend of the 9/10 August?

2) Is there a rough time-frame in place for HOK to present their findings with regards to the stadium?

3) Are there plans to put any pictures of the Trinity Road refit on the website?

4) We hear about a number of famous faces that are fans of our great team, could you tell us if the club has been approached by any of these people with regards to attending fixtures?

5) Who do you reckon will win Euro 2008?

Many Thanks

superchrisjames

General,

I know it's been said a hundred times before by so many, but I am so proud to be a Villa fan! As if the way Randy, yourself, the board, MoN and everyone else, have run our club over the past 22 months is not enough, you go and lead by example again and bring the community back into football! I'm a season ticket holder, but for work reasons moved away from Birmingham to the UAE a week after the Blose derby at Villa Park (obviously a great last game for me and thanks for fantastic the send off!!). Have just spent the evening here in Abu Dhabi with some English guys who are football fans from all over the UK, and they couldn't stop talking about our sponsorship. Made me so proud again!

I expect to be over here for a couple of years at least, but will still renew my season ticket for 3 reasons. Firstly, so I still get the same seat when I move back to Brum whenever that may be, secondly when I visit home, if it coincides with a game, I can go to the match, and thirdly, because of Seat Exchange, I can sell any unused tickets. The difference now is, rather than use the money for beer tokens here in the desert, I will follow our clubs lead and give it staright back to Acorns. You guys have made the fans proud, hopefully i can do my little bit and make you proud of us.

If ever you and/or Randy visit the UAE and Abu Dhabi, please let me know and I would really like by you all a drink to share my appreciation of the fantastic way you are all running our club. I'm just baffled as to how you can keep on making us so proud!

The Bubbe