General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, i thought the new sponsor was supposed to be announced today?

It has been said several times on previous threads that it is June 2nd.

I thought the General said June 3rd. Considering our captain is still probably in the process of coming back from Port of Spain.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the club be able to do transfer business without Martin O'Neill ie if he is in Switzerland and player X is available to buy and can the club complete the deal if Martin want this player X.

I want to know do John Robertson have any power outside training ground.

A fair question, General. Will MONs presence at the Euros delay or prevent any transfers from being done? If MON wants to do everything himself, well OK, but that means dropping everything else do bring in the number of bodies we'll need to compete next season.

Whilst my heart tells me not to worry, my head tells me that we need 8 or so quality players - probably 4 by mid-July - and we havent got a great track record in this regard.

General, again thanks to you, Randy and the whole team for the way the club is being run. Been away recently and as usual the topic of conversation between the "brits" away was football and none of the other fans could believe the way that OUR club is now run, so again thank you from a fan of many many years.

Could you comment on the marketing initiatives outside of the West Midlands catchment areas? Recently I have seen a Villa shirt for sale in the Nike shop in Dubai but to get any sort of Villa "stuff" in the Sheffield area which is only a 1 hour (OK I drive fast) drive away from VP, has proven to be extremely dificult especially as the "old suipplier" is no longer there.

Do you expect us to see the benefits of Nike moreso this year given the longer time they have been onboard?

Any faces (un-named of course) likely to be in before Euro 2008 Gen? Or are you not allowed to answer that?

For all the complaints about our season ticket prices as well, A Rangers fan from another forum did a topic today comparing ours with some of the Scottish ones, a season ticket in the North Stand is cheaper than one a Raith Rovers or something, a club which is absolutely nothing on us. Rangers pay over 400 quid and he said entertainment value is nil, he thinks we're great value for a prem club.....so thanks for the good prices and good value we get with the way the teams played.

I know the kit is for sale in August, but will it be actually unveilled for us to see before that?

Oh and no it isn't a Barry question...but tell Doug Ellis to speak to him..He'll set him straight :D

General I was just watching the Stanley Cup and noticed one of the Power Plays was sponsered by the Marines. Now I know the military over here has a rather large budget and plenty set aside for advertising, just a suggestion:

23ixc1k.jpg

:)

Nobody would mess with fans wearing these.

Hi General,

Some interesting stats coming out from a survey over the last couple of days regarding season tickets, prices etc. Villa were shown in a very favourable light when it came to prices contrary to the moans of some on here when the prices for 08/09 were released. However one stat claimed that due to price increases one in seven existing ST holders will not renew. How does this compare to our renewals at the moment? Can you give us current figures for renewals, waiting list numbers etc?

Are you ready to tell us the sponsor story yet?

Gernal:

I have always wanted to run the London Marathon and have been rejected in the ballot process for the last 3 years.

Now that it has been confirmed Acorns will sponsor us next year, I for one am overjoyed. I would like to take this possibility to raise the profile further by:

a) Running the London Marathon in a Villa Shirt

B) Raise money for the Acorns Hospice

Can you or anybody else from the wider management team be able to help me get a guaranteed place (I am in the ballot again this year) but moreover, give some ideas with regards to fund raising ?

I am far from a stick insect so it might be more real life story than the film "Run Fat Boy Run" - and that was such a success.

Thanks

General, just wanted to say you and Sir Randy of Lerner are both pure class for the Acorns partnership.

I've worked for charities for the past seven years and know how valuable the profile and the exposure alone will be for Acorns.

Can't wait to see us playing with that logo on our chests next season, I'm extremely proud of the team.

It would, of course, be even better to see Gareth Barry wearing that logo on his chest next season but whatever happens with that little saga I trust you, Randy and MON to ensure the club goes from strength to strength

:clap::flag::clap:

General,

A very proud day to be a Villa fan indeed. This is another great example of the humility of Randy, yourself and all associated with the club. Please pass on my kindest regards to everyone who has been associated with this deal and wish them great success for this venture. I truely hope it brings Acorn's the exposure they so deserve.

I am looking forward to reading your official statement in the near future but can I ask, does the buying of an official shirt, other products or match/season tickets contribute to the charity in any way?

Many thanks

Jon

Gernal:

I have always wanted to run the London Marathon and have been rejected in the ballot process for the last 3 years.

Now that it has been confirmed Acorns will sponsor us next year, I for one am overjoyed. I would like to take this possibility to raise the profile further by:

a) Running the London Marathon in a Villa Shirt

B) Raise money for the Acorns Hospice

Can you or anybody else from the wider management team be able to help me get a guaranteed place (I am in the ballot again this year) but moreover, give some ideas with regards to fund raising ?

I am far from a stick insect so it might be more real life story than the film "Run Fat Boy Run" - and that was such a success.

Thanks

I know this isn't a discussion thread, but have you considered entering through the charity themselves? I am running the Great North Run in October for the British Heart Foundation. I missed out in the ballot, but quite quickly got a place running for the charity. There is a huge list of charities who have designated positions, I'd expect Acorns to be one of them.

General, at a time when in the eyes of the rest of the world the Premier league is seen as greedy and totally focussed on grabbing the next handful of big bucks, I am proud to be a supporter of a club that puts caring for the well being of life limited children and their families before profit.

Acorns is our charity of choice at the high school where I am chair of governors and I have been privileged to experience the amazingly cheerful atmosphere inside an Acorns hospice as children lead meaningful lives with the full involvement of their families and the robust and caring support of the Acorns staff.

Todays announcement will offer the Acorns Trust an enormous platform to raise awareness of the very finite lives of these wonderfully courageous children and teenagers, and the huge cost involved of providing an enviroment in which they and their families can get the most out of each remaining day.

Please pass on my profound thanks to Randy for making this decision, as it could well be a catalyst for football clubs to start looking beyond themselves at the really important issues of their local communities.

General, even though this had leaked out a while back to actually read a report on the BBC makes me feel so proud to be a Villa fan and to have us support such a worthwhile cause as this and being local is just the icing on the cake.

You may get people complaining about the money but somethings are simply worth far more and I look forward to reading the detailed report you promised, I bet it is fascinating reading.

It's always a privelege and an honour to be a Villa fan, but I've seldom felt so more than today. Well done to everybody at Villa connected with the decision to forego sponsors on the shirt for next season in favour of having a the Acorns Childrens Hospice on the shirt. I'm so proud of this decision and this magnificent club. UTV.

Its a good thing that has been done here general. I have often though over the years is there a more deserving charity around than the ACORNS.You can only be full ofadmiration for what they do there. Hopefully todays news is a big boost for them. It certainly isn't something we could have predicted would happen only 3 years ago.

Well done to everyone involved, its a good day to be a villa fan.

(would be even better if the bloody scousers would feck off. Oh my god how badly do we want to take their champions league spot !!!!!!)

General,

A fantastic gesture by the club and I thank everyone involved for making this happen. I really hope that the club, it's other partners and our fans can ensure we make a real difference for Acorns and the children and families it looks after.

Well done.