General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I just have a quick question with regards to opening times. I was down at the front of the que this morning at 7.30 and managed to get my tickets for Derby away but with the ticket office not opening until 9 it meant a morning off work.

On those days such as today when tickets go on sale would it not be possible to open the ticket office at 8 so that people can get their tickets and still make it to work at a reasonable time? It wouldn't have to be every day but may help people easpecially when like today the demand for tickets far out weights supply.

Cheers

TrentVilla

General: I think this has been suggested before but re. the purchase of online tickets.

Get a guy to spend a morning with a wide angled camera taking photos of the pitch from every block in the ground. Then when you order your tickets online, you get a preview of what your view will be. Might be a nice touch.

Hi General,

I just have a quick question with regards to opening times. I was down at the front of the que this morning at 7.30 and managed to get my tickets for Derby away but with the ticket office not opening until 9 it meant a morning off work.

On those days such as today when tickets go on sale would it not be possible to open the ticket office at 8 so that people can get their tickets and still make it to work at a reasonable time? It wouldn't have to be every day but may help people easpecially when like today the demand for tickets far out weights supply.

Cheers

TrentVilla

General,

I'd like to share my experience of this morning. There was still a que at 10:50am so opening earlier will make no difference as the ticket office can clearly only process a certain amount of tickets per hour. Most people start work at 9:00am. If we did open at 8:00am the majority of people would still be left waiting in the cue well into 9am. Opening at 8:00 will only benefit those waiting at the front.

As the ticket office has processed around 1,500 tickets in two hours they're not doing a bad job as it stands. Demand is only going to get bigger the more successful we become as a club so those not wanting to wait for tickets would be better served joining the away scheme, I certainly will be next season.

Cheers.

General Krulak here:

1. Obviously it is late in the day to talk to Nike about putting logo on back of shirt...my sense is that, even if we wanted to do it, this year would not be the one to start. I understand your comments about the back of the shirt but...I also believe that Villa IS center piece in our kit.

2. What would I like to ask the fans?....hmmmm, good question. I guess that changes almost weekly. At the end of the day, the overarching question would be two-part: How are we doing and what should we be doing that we aren't?

3. On-line view of seats and opening of the ticket office...hours of operation. Nicky Keye reads this site daily so I will ask her to send me her views.

Hi general could we find a place for a clock in our place of worship that is Villa park, you know somethink with a bit of class in keeping with our stadium we used to have one once,an old thing in the corner not very nice,

thanks for any time spent on this...

Hello I am back home after my holiday and noticed Real Betis in Spain do this. Sell the shirt in club shop without main sponsor logo and players wear the shirt withmain sponsor logos. It would be nice if we can do the same. (I think the 100th anniversary season might be the reason)

I also noticed there is no Villa shirt on sale in Madrid or Sevilla, even at Nike shop.

Hi General,

Was just wondering if you'd considered trying to get a tv show in China in the way that Chelsea are starting, if you hadn't heard about it you can read a bit about it by clicking here. Not so much as a way of getting new players, but just to spread the name of the club around the World, it's a fantastic way to get our name known by even more people around the world.

And maybe not China, as Chelsea already have a show, but how about trying to do it in India or somewhere like that?

Anyway it's just an idea that I wondered whether you'd considered. I'm sure you have actually as you seem to think of most things...

How are we doing and what should we be doing that we aren't?

Im 22 years old general and ive never seen us win any real silverware so thats the only thing i could ask from you guys. Witch would mean money being spent, which im sure will be this summer.

Otherwise i think the new board are doing a fantastic job. I enjoy going to the villa again. I love the matchday experience. One thing i would like answering, i sit on the backrow in the Upper Holte End. However, as we all know the 'actual' back row - no1 sits on. Whats the reason behind this? and are there any plans on it reopening?

hi General this question may seem a little strange and im not trying to criticise i hope you understand

im a public policy student about to graduate from Birmingham University. I have a keen interest in community engagement stratergies and how large organisations may improve the lives of citizens for both parties benefits and connect with those the state may fail to help.Ii about to undertake a placement i have arranged with WBA fc looking at how they do this. They have one of the largest community outreach programmes in the whole of european football. Not bad for a championship side. They spend a great deal of time and money helping educate local children through football activites mixed with education and life skills, with participation usually tied to school attendance. The FA recognise and often promote the activities of WBA as one of the most caring and effective football clubs around.

Now getting to my question, when attempting to arrange placements for myself i couldnt find any sort of programs through villa except for the villa rockets, (wheel chair side).

Are there structures in place andhave i missed them?

Who could i contact regarding work placemets/ experiance?

or are there any plans to utilise the name and reputation of aston villa?

The involvment of Aston Villa within the community could have great benefits for local people. I understadnd it is a buisness but these programmes can help bind potential fans to the club, and also offer the chance of spotting potential players of the future

Aston Villa is more than a football club, it is an institution that has incredible effects on those who come in contact with it and could be at the centre of a new positive birmingham and culture.

Thanks for your time general.

General, another Idea

after watching the Youth game and seeing some comments it is clear a large number of people would be interested in purchasing a non sposnored shirt

now I understand any new sponsor may not be willing to do this but how abotu to placate them you offerred a certain number of unsponsored shirts at say £10-15 above normal value to create only those who really want one ?

Because I would imagine at the core of the new sponsorship deal that say 1000 shirts without a logo worn by fans will not be such a major issue ??

Hi General,

Two real Villa heroes, winners of the FA Cup in 1957, have passed away in the last couple of weeks. I know Randy and all you guys at the club helped commemmorate Jimmy Dugdale's funeral with flowers and everything, and that was a lovely touch.

Just wanted to check if there would be an appropriate commemmoration before the Boro game on Wednesday? Either a minute's silence or a minute's applause. I know many fans would welcome the chance to say goodbye at Villa Park to two Holte Enders in the sky.

Thanks very much.

Hi General,

This is my first post. Firstly, I would like to thank you, Randy and the rest of the team for the changes at the Villa. I lived abroad and have recently returned and the change in mood and direction has been immense. Thanks for your hard work and efforts.

General, I often listen to football podcasts. I was listening to the The Times podcast and they referred to two models of American football ownership models , 'The Hicks/Gillet way' and the 'Randy Lerner way.' To cut a long story short, the 'Randy Lerner way' was considered ' the good way.' It goes to show that the things that have been done are now perceived outside of the club as a paragon of how a club should be run. I like the fact that they say ' The Randy Lerner way.' I hope before long they will refer to winning things ' The Villa Way!'

I do actually have a question. Very soon Sweden will play Brazil at the Emirates Stadium to mark the 50th anniversary of their match in the World Cup. General, has the board considered staging similar non-England international games at Villa Park? Or is it something you would consider in the future? It would be great if we could.

Thanks again.

Hi General, I am just wonderin why the away kits have not been reduced like the home shirts have?? Because I understand we are getting a new sponsor next season so surely the away shirts should be reduced like the home shirts??

Keep up the good work this season!!

Just to add, General, to previous posts about sponsorship on shirts. I would definitely buy a replica home and away shirt without a sponsor on in preference to with a sponsor, even if this meant it was a little more expensive. And I know a lot of people who feel the same.

Would ANY sponsor agree to this in your opinion? Be great if they would.

There has also been a lot said about such 'subliminal' advertising like this before too, simply because this can actually highlight the missing sponsor name on a shirt and actually increase awareness. Purely speculative theory but a train of thought a lot of people in advertising hold.

Hi General,

i am writing to ask if it is possible if you could inform me who at the club i need to contact to solve a problem i have. Unfortunately yesterday i suffered something of an Eduardo injury and broke my leg playing football (It was a great challenge though! I slid in to nick the ball off the striker and he shot my leg instead of the ball! Anyway this has resulted in me being in a knee high cast and suffering limited mobility. I am determined that i will still make the trip to forthcoming Villa games and not let this spoil it for me but as a ST in the lower Holte, i am worried about leg room/stairs/crowds and don't think it will be possible to stay in my seat. Is there any chance of speaking to someone at the club in relation to moving to the disabled section possibly where there would be space? I can't bend my leg you see and i'm 6'2 so getting to, and staying in, my seat will be a bit of a problem!

General Krulak here:

1. joeycusack: The Club might consider a non-English international game at Villa Park but I doubt if it would rank high on our "to do" list at this particularly time. I am glad that there is now a "Randy Lerner way"...I think we can all appreciate that Randy has certainly tried to do the "right"...his concern for the history and tradition of Villa...his willingness to spend to make the Squad better...his concern for the fans...all point to that fact.

2. Sponsorship w/o name on the shirt. I can understand the premise you put forward but.....I cannot imagine a sponsor paying for a spot on the kit and then not using that spot to advertise. Let's just wait a little while longer and see what happens.

3. Ian_Taylor: VERY sorry to hear about the leg...terrible luck at this time. Here is what you need to do: Please call Duncan Riddle at ext. 413 and let him know about the problem and see if Villa can do something to help.