General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General a couple of questions if I may

1. is there a selction process in place for a new CEO and do you have an upto date estimate of when a new one will be in place?

2. Could you tell me if the club has any long term debt.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, whilst I udnerstand this report from the BBC has not been confirmed yet

The English Premier League is considering playing some matches overseas, BBC Sport has learned.

At a meeting in London on Thursday, all 20 clubs agreed to explore a proposal to extend the season to 39 games.

I am horrified to think that Randy has agreed to this horrific proposal.

Whilst I know we will not lose any games at VP the the mere thought of us playing abroad in a league game sends chills down my spine.

Can you confirm if we agreed to this and if so why ?

I thought and understood Randy enough to believe he would too be horrified at this

Yes, I echo that sentiment from Ian. As a lifelong Villa fan this would be the biggest affront to my support. The permutations of this would be horrific for the game, we've already had enough of dodgy kick-off times and millionaire primadonnas, this is a direct attack on the fans.

Just who at Villa agreed to this? Its a terrible proposition.

General,

Just heard the news that all 20 Premier League teams have agreed to look in to extra games every season played abroad for each club.

Do you know who has agreed to look into it? Why have we agreed to look into it?

General, do you think this is a good idea personally and do you have any idea of how it will work?

I think that in Randy's reign as owner you will find that the top 4 clubs in this country join a European super league with the elite of European football. It will probably work where the bottom of those 4 clubs drop back into our league, with the winner of our league replacing them, or something along those lines.

Have you ever heard of such a proposal during your time at the club General? Also, what are your personal thoughts about a super league?

I can't help but think that the growing need for greed in our great sport is going to deprive the hard working fan of watching his/her team as much as they would like General!

Ian has already got there with my question, I believe!

Do you know who represented AVFC at this meeting where all twenty clubs agreed to play games away from the country and could we possibly have an explanation of the reasons why this was seen as something that should be looked into?

I must admit that I am not totally against this idea of games abroad, but do have some pretty big reservations.

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and the Club are in no rush to fill the position of CEO. We will ensure that we have the "right" person before we fill this position. At the present, we have some very talented people at Villa Park...to include Randy/Directors over almost every week. We are fine...believe me, we are fine.

2. We do not want to put our Club in debt!

3. I played Lacrosse and wrestled at University and they still are two of my favourite sports.

4. Randy has made it clear that in the US he is not anxious to have the Cleveland Browns play a game overseas. Although I have never asked him, I would imagine he feels the same way about Aston Villa. As I understand it, all the League asked was to "look into it." My personal feelings are just that...my own personal feelings. I believe that it is important to play games in front of fans who love the team. That may be very hard to do if the game is being played in Garmish or Rome. UNLESS it is a European Cup game...I'd love that.

General, thanks for the answer, but from the comments on this thread and the one in OT and on other sites, it is obvious the vast majority are against this.

I know as I said what Randy is like (or I think I do) therefore I hope you can get the message to him about how we feel, it is then his call, if this gets to a Premier league vote

General Krulak here:

1. Ghost of Pongo Waring: Take the rucksack and leave it at reception...tell them that General Krulak said it was OK. Remind me right before the game and I will give them a call. But it really won't be necesary if you just say I said it was A-OK.

I guess I'm paranoid but whilst this is a nice friendly gesture is it not open to large security issues giving permission on an internet forum for somebody that nobody can identify permission to just walk into reception and leave a large rucksack that could contain anything in the heart of a building containing 45000 people because somebody has said it is A-OK?

I would suggest maybe some proof of identity is shown/left and maybe the rucksack searched as bags are entering the stadium?

I guess I'm paranoid but whilst this is a nice friendly gesture is it not open to large security issues giving permission on an internet forum for somebody that nobody can identify permission to just walk into reception and leave a large rucksack that could contain anything in the heart of a building containing 45000 people because somebody has said it is A-OK?

I would guess that the staff in the Trinty reception would `inspect` the said bag before it is left - i.e ask the fella to empty it to show what it isndie.

4. Randy has made it clear that in the US he is not anxious to have the Cleveland Browns play a game overseas. Although I have never asked him, I would imagine he feels the same way about Aston Villa. As I understand it, all the League asked was to "look into it." My personal feelings are just that...my own personal feelings. I believe that it is important to play games in front of fans who love the team. That may be very hard to do if the game is being played in Garmish or Rome. UNLESS it is a European Cup game...I'd love that.

That is an important distinction.

At my lodge, every year somebody moves that the dues be increased, and the motion is seconded so that it can be discussed.

By the time the vote is made on whether to raise the dues, it's often defeated unanimously (meaning that both the original mover and seconder voted against the very motion put forward!). If there's a way to do this that brings benefits with minimal costs (using expansive, not necessarily monetary measures thereof) then it should be explored (and I'm not saying that there is such a way).

General Krulak here:

1. Let me clarify something about the League proposal. The proposal was simply to have a "look-see" an perhaps extending the season and playing overseas. To "explore" the concept. Obviously, the key is that such an effort not damage the integrity of the Premiership nor hurt the fans. There are those who think that Randy or the Club should have stood up and immediately said "NO"...that makes no sense to me. Say NO to what? To exploring a possibility? My sense is that there can be very little progress without exploration. Let's not make this another "big deal". Although I was not at the meeting, I am sure that the media have it right...all that was agreed upon was to "explore" the concept. If this can be done w/o damaging the league...without hurting the fans...it may be worth "exploring"...which is ALL that was agreed upon. My own personal view is clear...if it hurts the fans, I am against it. BUT, I won't know unless someone "explores" it.

2. Obviously, the contents of the back pack will be checked.

Sorry General, the idea of any game that contributes to the final PL table is what we are talking about. There is not a middle ground I am afraid, all games that end up to the final points tally must be played in England, it is really that simple.

There is nothing else to explore beyond that.

General Krulak here:

1. ...There are those who think that Randy or the Club should have stood up and immediately said "NO"...that makes no sense to me.

I have to say it makes perfect sense to me, General. The English Premier League, should, in my view, be played exclusively in England between English clubs. That's all there is to it.

Say NO to what? To exploring a possibility?....
Yes.

Either the premier league is thinking about playing games abroad, which is wrong. Like fraud is wrong or "passing off" is wrong, or or it isn't thinking about it.

It's just weasel words - "Exploring" or , "talking about contemplating exploring" not keeping it that way is to me either a) pointless or B) a betrayal of the traditions and ethos of the game by the Premier League.

One of the very few clear black and white issues.

General Krulak here:

1. Let me clarify something about the League proposal. The proposal was simply to have a "look-see" an perhaps extending the season and playing overseas. To "explore" the concept. Obviously, the key is that such an effort not damage the integrity of the Premiership nor hurt the fans. There are those who think that Randy or the Club should have stood up and immediately said "NO"...that makes no sense to me. Say NO to what? To exploring a possibility? My sense is that there can be very little progress without exploration. Let's not make this another "big deal". Although I was not at the meeting, I am sure that the media have it right...all that was agreed upon was to "explore" the concept. If this can be done w/o damaging the league...without hurting the fans...it may be worth "exploring"...which is ALL that was agreed upon. My own personal view is clear...if it hurts the fans, I am against it. BUT, I won't know unless someone "explores" it.

You will have to excuse our cynicism but every money-making concept the Premier League proposes comes to fruition. We do not need to explore this possibility, there should be absolutely no possibility of Aston Villa Football Club doing this so what exactly is there to explore?

If we did do this rest assured we will all know why - money and greed, everything the Premier League represents to most fans. I do not want Aston Villa Football Club to represent that anymore than it already does (as does most clubs).