General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Tonight I have been watching Spanish footballl on TV (Almeria V Real Madrid) Almeria had really impressed me as they had a real go at Real Madrid from start to finish and beat them 2-0 a nearly promoted side beat a team who are 9 points clear on top of the table, and beat Sevilla, Valencia and Real Madrid in last 4 games. Their coach Emery Unai is one of top young coach in Spain at 36. I think we should be keeping an eye on Almeria for possible talents for Villa and watch Emery Unai career with interest as he could be an ideal person to take over Martin O'Neill in 5 years time or whenever he retire. I have not heard of Almeria before.

Thought you might be interested to know.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I know I mentioned about the reserve and youth team tables a while back but still not the tables are included.

and with so many on loan and so many prospects we need the tables and full information on number of appearances, it is a missing and obvious gap on the site.

thanks for being patient with the same request again

Tonight I have been watching Spanish footballl on TV (Almeria V Real Madrid) Almeria had really impressed me as they had a real go at Real Madrid from start to finish and beat them 2-0 a nearly promoted side beat a team who are 9 points clear on top of the table, and beat Sevilla, Valencia and Real Madrid in last 4 games. Their coach Emery Unai is one of top young coach in Spain at 36. I think we should be keeping an eye on Almeria for possible talents for Villa and watch Emery Unai career with interest as he could be an ideal person to take over Martin O'Neill in 5 years time or whenever he retire. I have not heard of Almeria before.

Thought you might be interested to know.

General,

do you think Spanish football is a bit dodgy?

General Krulak here:

1. Richard Fitzgerald: Again, I believe we need to let the media release "stand"....Richard helped write it and he said what needs to be said. Neither the Club nor the Fans have a right to ask Richard to discuss his personal matters. The Evening Mail was not correct in stating that Richard left because of the arrival of Michael Cunnah. Those two events have zero connection. Michael is a fine addition to the Villa "Family" and has been give specific tasks to work on...none falling in the remit of Richard.

2. Intertoto Cup: I am not aware of us signing up.

3. hobbo: You want me to "assure you and others that MON and Randy willl review the situation like adults and admit where there are shortcomings." I have trouble even responding to a post that questions whether Randy or MON can act like adults..or can admit shortcomings. To ask me to "assure you and others" is just a tad bet cheeky in my opinion. Have you read what MON had to say about the latest window? If you have, then you have a solid explanation of what took place and why.

4. danwhichmann: PM me again and I will answer.

5. 1982corps: I do not and will not answer questions filled with 4-letter words and dripping with disrespect. When you are prepared to ask a question in a civil manner, you will find me more than willing to answer. :bang:

General Krulak here:

5. 1982corps: I do not and will not answer questions filled with 4-letter words and dripping with disrespect. When you are prepared to ask a question in a civil manner, you will find me more than willing to answer. :bang:

General- thank you for reinforcing the standard.

My fellow VillaTalkers - perhaps we should use the General's comment as a reminder to respect ALL others.

Good on you General, you Mon or Randy dont deserve this kind of drivel. We have come so far in such a short space of time with you's its great, thanks for bringing the good times back and long may it continue Mr krulak.

Just a reminder, I've had to delete posts from this thread all night, this thread is for comments / questions directly to the general

It is not here for general discussion of any of the points raised, if you want to discuss something posted here, make a new topic if one does not exist in the relevant forum

That's just a cop out it just tells me you don't want to answer the difficult questions. Are you only prepared to deal with fans who hang onto your every word?

Nobody on this board speaks for the majority of Villa fans and when I'm at Villa Park I get behind the team and MON in spite of his outdated transfer policy. All I can say is no Villa fan I know is at all happy with whatever it is MON is (or isn't) doing with transfers but that doesn't mean we won't sing his name at games and get behind the team, therefore markavfc40's vain attempt at point scoring is rendered void as I think it's the case for most fans. Few could argue MON isn't a great motivator and coach but we're not taking issue with that this is about transfer dealings which is also a vital part of management. Surely you can gage from threads on this forum just how unhappy people are about yet another very disappointing transfers window.

There are a lot of good things going on at this club since your takeover for that we are all grateful but some things are not right and when some feel they aren't we won't let that get in the way of making the points that need to be made. You know my thoughts on subsidised ticketing and I won't apologise because that is what I honestly believe you are doing to fans like me. I understand the club is doing all they can to attract new fans to the place but we can do that first and foremost by signing the world class players your regime previously promised and in turn by being successful on the pitch. If you are going to do these subsidised offers fill the stands with school kids not thousands of council or emergency services workers. I know we do loads in the community but it's another slap in the face to the loyal fan when you subsides these types who would rather strike because they aren't being paid enough when they are already on more money than most. A lot of people in general resent them even if it isn’t represented on these boards due to some only being interested in constantly kissing your backside. 1982, This board, and this thread is made available to you by both the moderators of VillaTalk and General Krulak. The site guidlelines ask that people post in a civil manner, do not insult other posters and state that swearing is not permitted. We allow some leeway and we do not censor people's questions or comments to the General, in order that he can see all views, irrespective of what the mods might think of them. However, you are at risk of having your posts deleted due to not adhering to the site posting guidelines. Please reconsider the way in which you post on Villatalk. Thank you. Blandy

That's just a cop out it just tells me you don't want to answer the difficult questions. Are you only prepared to deal with fans who hang onto your every word?

Nobody on this board speaks for the majority of Villa fans and when I'm at Villa Park I get behind the team and MON in spite of his outdated transfer policy. All I can say is no Villa fan I know is at all happy with whatever it is MON is (or isn't) doing with transfers but that doesn't mean we won't sing his name at games and get behind the team, therefore markavfc40's vain attempt at point scoring is rendered void as I think it's the case for most fans. Few could argue MON isn't a great motivator and coach but we're not taking issue with that this is about transfer dealings which is also a vital part of management. Surely you can gage from threads on this forum just how unhappy people are about yet another very disappointing transfers window.

There are a lot of good things going on at this club since your takeover for that we are all grateful but some things are not right and when some feel they aren't we won't let that get in the way of making the points that need to be made. You know my thoughts on subsidised ticketing and I won't apologise because that is what I honestly believe you are doing to fans like me. I understand the club is doing all they can to attract new fans to the place but we can do that first and foremost by signing the world class players your regime previously promised and in turn by being successful on the pitch. If you are going to do these subsidised offers fill the stands with school kids not thousands of council or emergency services workers. I know we do loads in the community but it's another slap in the face to the loyal fan when you subsides these types who would rather strike because they aren't being paid enough when they are already on more money than most. A lot of people in general resent them even if it isn’t represented on these boards due to some only being interested in constantly kissing your backside. 1982, This board, and this thread is made available to you by both the moderators of VillaTalk and General Krulak. The site guidlelines ask that people post in a civil manner, do not insult other posters and state that swearing is not permitted. We allow some leeway and we do not censor people's questions or comments to the General, in order that he can see all views, irrespective of what the mods might think of them. However, you are at risk of having your posts deleted due to not adhering to the site posting guidelines. Please reconsider the way in which you post on Villatalk. Thank you. Blandy

General,

In light of what 1982corp is saying, would it not be better to give season ticket holders additional percentage savings on official merchandise and giving them access to AVTV for free as reward for putting their money in at the start of the season ??

Everyone is a tad frustrated over the transfer window but keep up the good work General.

General i was in Leicester last night and was chatting with some of their fans. One lad travels to Birmingham regular and made the comment how more visible Villa has become. He made this on the basis of Villa shirts being worn everywhere, bill boards plugging games and the positive conversations he had been privy too with villa fans.

I thought it would be good to pass this on to yourself so you could see that not only Villa fans can see where we are going but others too. We who see the positives in what is happening at villa are the majority General and those who think negative will never change as you know Negativity breeds negativity.

Up the Villa

General,

about 80 people from the Norwegian supporter club will be coming to Birmingham next weekend for the Newcastle match, and on Friday we will have dinner etc at Copthorne Hotel. We have been told that some guests will be there and Gary Shaw is one of them. Do you know who the other guests will be, and is one of them yourself? Would be great to thank you in person for all the great work you are doing for our club!

Geneeral Krulak here:

1. 1982corp: You have missed my point totally. I have no problem answering tough questions and have done so on this site and 4 others. I have never shied away from them...even if my answer had to be, "no answer." What other Club in the Premeirship gives its fans the ability to communicate, ALMOST DAILY, with a Director of the Club? My point is this: NO ONE deserves to be treated with disrespect and NO ONE should have to read comments filled with 4-letter words.

2. Norwegian Supporters Group: Thank you and your group for attending the game. I think you all will have a great time. I can assure you that you will have some good guests and if things go right for me, I may be in the UK.

3. I agree, we need to look at ST Holder incentives. I think all the leaders of the Club feel that way...the key is what those incentives should be.

4. Super Tuesday: I believe that McCain will be the Republican Nominee. I believe that Mrs Clinton will do well on Super Tuesday but because the delegates are parceled out by percentage, she could win all the states on Tuesday (she won't) and still not gain many delegates. The democratic candidate, in my opinion, will be chosen at the Convention.

Guest Ricardomeister

General, I was 99% sure that the quote about us being aggressive in the transfer market was from Randy, himself. Several other fans have confirmed this. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on whether we actually have been!

I am pretty sure that the huge majority of fans are behind you and MON, but there is loyalty and blind loyalty. I will give praise where I think it is due and constructive criticism where I think it is due.

In general, everybody deserves credit for our current position, but it will be our lack of new signings that I feel, unfortunately, will cost us a UEFA Cup spot. If we have not entered the Intertoto Cup surely this shows a lack of ambition as only Bouma will be playing in EURO 2008 so the players should be rested enough to play a couple of rounds to qualify for the UEFA Cup.

I take on board what MON says about not buying players in the January window, but surely that emphasises that we should have dome more in the summer? And Portsmouth managed to (for whatever reason) sign 2 very good players in Diarra and Defoe who would both have enhanced our team.

With Gabby and Davies seemingly injured and 4 or 5 being close to a suspension our "smallest squad in the Premiership" will be sorely tested. I have grave reservations that we will be able to cope and I see us finishing between 8th and 10th. That would be a real waste of a very good season to this point. I will gladly come back and apologise at the end of the season if I am proved incorrect, but, General, can you honestly see us holding on for a UEFA Cup spot with the team looking so jaded and lacking in depth? If so, on what basis?

And to all fans, lets fill Villa Park next week as, based on the last 2 or 3 games, we will need to be the 12th and 13th man next week if we are to beat Newcastle!

UTV SOTC

General, i have just got back to Sheffield from London.. gutted about the result, especially as i have a final year exam tommorow morning at 9 (why am i posting now?!?) anyway, i'm a student and a season ticket holder and travel to all home and plenty of away games this season and regardless of some people who seem to post 'on behalf of everyone' i am thoroughly delighted with everything this club has achieved so far and i am full of optimism for the future of AVFC with Mr. Lerner and MON at the helm. The progress we have made in 18months from relegation candidates to challanging for 4th spot is incredible, and on MON's transfer 'policy' i have 100% faith that he knows what he is doing. Every signing he has made has been a good addition to the squad in my opinion and unlike clubs like West Ham or Spurs, we don't flash the cash on overpaid superstars but bring in young, committed and hungry players and its paying dividends!

Now back to revision, UP THE VILLA!