General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

general will we be exploiting the massive untapped potential for a fanbase in australia with a tour in the near future it would be great seeing the villa again. and would stop idiots calling me a west ham fan when I wear the shirt

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. PLEASE..................Richard does not have ANYTHING to do with player signings. JUST LIKE ME!!! A "smile" about a "particular forward" means absolutely NOTHING...zero, zed!!! Confirming "top class signings" is NOT confirming anything. PLEASE...let's not get into this again. Richard is like you...or like me...he is a HUGE Villa Fan and wants the VERY BEST for the Club. BUT, we all must realize that he does not have anything to do with player selection. As I have said time and time and time and time again, "players are the remit of MON with Randy in support." We got ourselves in a turmoil over the same sort of thing just a short while ago. PLEASE listen to what I have to say...MON and MON ALONE (with his coaches/scouts) make the player calls...and Randy supports. Richard, the General, Bob Kain, etc. etc. have nothing to do with players and have NO INSIDE INFO!!!!! If any of us did, we would be foolish to say anything lest we harmed the transfer effort. BUT WE DON'T!!!!

General,

I think you have said this many times now. What I think you will find is that if this is the case it is very unusual, if not unique that the CEO of an English Football Club is not involved in transfer negotiations. Chelsea have Kenyon, Man Utd have Gill, both of whom get involved in negotiating transfer deals. If MON is solely responsible for both targeting and agreeing transfers then this is unique. Certainly in the modern era of football.

For this reason when our CEO makes a statement or a remark then people will naturally believe that he knows who or what we are working on.

Not nit-picking but it sounds like you and Pelty are publicly dressing down Richard Fitzgerald where if you want this to stop then a private word might be better?

Dear General

Could you confirm how many times you have either screamed out loud with frustration or slapped you forehead whilst reading the forums over the last week or so? :)

For what it's worth I am in double figures for both so far this week!

Seriously I do marvel at your patience!

General Krulak here:

1. I am NOT dressing down Richard...I am just trying to bring reality to a previous post. Richard and I are very much alike. We are Villa Fans and deeply involved in the Villa Spirit. My point is very simple: When a fan gets excited about their Club, they can say things or hint at things that "may or may not be." If you are one on one with Richard or General Krulak and ask about the Club, you will get our own PERSONAL opinion....but that does NOT mean it is the official Club position. Our Club is organized slightly different than ManU or the other Clubs you mentioned. Richard RUNS the Marketing and Sales effort...the expansion of the Brand, world-wide. That is a HUGE remit and more than the folks you mentioned. They have it going....Richard is charged with getting it going. Richard is not involved with Players and neither am I. This is not saying anything against Richard...just like it is not saying something against me. It is how we are set up to operate.

I know there's been a lot of complaints this summer about the signings, about the lack of signings and the silence from Villa Park in terms of rumours etc, but I for one am loving every minute of it. I've only seen Villa play live once (a pre-season firendly i Sweden when DOL was in charge) but I can still feel the difference in atmosphere just by browsing the Internet and watching the few televised games they show here in Sweden. Of course, I would love to see big name signings right away, but considering how things were before the takeover I can be patient. The mere fact that you are here to answer our questions says a lot about how things have changed from the bad old days. I actually feel positive about the future for a change and even if this summer turns out to a bit dry in terms of signings and the season gets a bit rougher than expected, I will still have complete faith in the new administrations ability to turn our furtunes around. And if you launch a worldwide Villa TV-channel enabling those of us unfortunate enough not to live close to Birmingham (or England for that matter) to watch our beloved Villans on a regular basis I'd be over the moon. :)

General I know this has been asked in the past, so all im looking for is an update or if I missed the answer i'm Sorry...anyway, its the Ian Taylor question are there any updates on what is planned?

General Krulak here:

1. LT_1993, I have answered your question. There are no Australia Tours on tap at this time. That does not mean that there won't be any in the future but not in the near future. Richard is working hard to expand Brand world-wide and Australia is CERTAINLY part of the world. We would love to "exploit the uptapped potentioa. for a fanbase in Australia" and will be doing so. I hope this answers the question.

Hello general i am 100% behind martin ,randy yourself and richard i trust you all to make our club great again,this is the most excited i have been since ron atkinson was manager.

One quick question you was asked a while ago about releasing a dvd about the 1982 reunion,dinner question and answer evening ,players on the pitch before game etc,is there any news on that ,ie possible release date.

As a footnote i think we will suceed as a FAMILY (the villa family)there will be tough times ahead but i think we will succeed,see you at the inter game.

General Krulak here:

1. With regard to negotiations: Are you talking specifically about drafting the contract or are you talking about dealing with the agent or are you talking about meeting with player?? The actual contract negotiation is really a matter of several people...with MON playing the lead role. Drafting is a different issue altogether. I guess i am not sure what the question really is...because more than one hand is in the pot.

General

I think it would be interesting to know who is responsible for dealing with other clubs to agree a fee, and who deals with players and agents directly to negotiate personal terms and convince the player to sign.

Hey General, I gues you are starting to understand why many people refer to the summer transfer flurry as silly season. My question is entirely unrelated which you will find as a relief.

Do you Bob, Randy or Michael have plans to bring any special guests to the tour games since it's in your homeland? To phraise it another way : any plans on using the tour to introduce high profile Americans to the wonder that is AVFC? and if so what do you hope to get out of the tour on a non-football business level?

P.S-

It would be slick to see an ex-president or two in the crowd at Columbus adorned in Claret and Blue ;)

if you launch a worldwide Villa TV-channel enabling those of us unfortunate enough not to live close to Birmingham (or England for that matter) to watch our beloved Villans on a regular basis I'd be over the moon. :)

Seconded! I long for the day when we have a Villa tv channel. General, help those of us over here in the States get first class coverage! :)

Hi General,

I would like to thank both yourself and Nicky Keye for your help in making my nephews Aaron and Devon mascots for the Toronto game. Although I am unable to attend, it really means a great deal to me. The boys and their mum are really excited, although not as much as me! Hopefully there will be some nice publicity shots.

It is great that we have such fantastic people involved at our football club.

Kind regards,

Jas Basi

General, the Blooz derby game is on sky this year and we are bound to sell out the away end.

Many of us refuse to pay the amount Blooz have asked in previous seasons so based on this I believe it is totally feasible for Villa to show the game at VP - Holte Suite ???

can you say if there are any plans for this, would love to go

General,

Just to add to Ians post, a few years back, the gane was shown on a big screen from the pitch in front of the Holte End. It was well attended with a good atmosphere and something I'd love to see happen again.

General,

Just to add to Ians post, a few years back, the gane was shown on a big screen from the pitch in front of the Holte End. It was well attended with a good atmosphere and something I'd love to see happen again.

That's been done a few times in the past. It makes money too... fans pay a fiver or whatever to get in and watch on the big screen. Not sure what the police would say about it but I'd have thought it was worth looking into?

General Krulak here:

1. With regard to negotiations: Are you talking specifically about drafting the contract or are you talking about dealing with the agent or are you talking about meeting with player?? The actual contract negotiation is really a matter of several people...with MON playing the lead role. Drafting is a different issue altogether. I guess i am not sure what the question really is...because more than one hand is in the pot.

What I am getting at is whether Randy needs to be in the UK and present at contract negotiations for a transfer to go through, or whether these agreements can be negotiated and concluded without his presence.