General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General.. I have over the last 20 years or so lived in many of the "satallite" towns & cities surrounding Birmingham including Worcester, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove & currently Burton-upon-Trent near Derby.. There is in all these places a sizeable Villa support which i must say i feel is un-tapped & has, since the heady days of the early 80's, become somewhat distanced from the club. Are there any plans to reach out to these folk? Maybe a system of suppoters clubs which are publicised in the local press who could run coaches to home & away games could be a possibility? I know these clubs exist but feel in the area's i have mentioned there is a huge void of them.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I know Villa have a credit card available, but I am a firm believer in only buying what you have already money for (I hate the idea of running up huge bills). I have a pre-paid maestro card which I use for telephone or internet purchases and I was wondering if there are any thoughts of Villa introducing one or anything similar. My present one is a 'Talksport' one, but I would much prefer to have a Villa one.

I seem to remember Lloyds TSB offering the chance to use your own image on your debit card, costing £5.00. It's not Villa-endorsed, but would allow you to have the Villa badge on your card.

General,

The season ticket card.

Other than for access to the stadium, will it be used for anything else ?

I'm thinking data collection, will it be used to keep track of merchandising purchases, will it be possible for you to see a purchase history of all things Villa by reading it ?

Will it be used as an identifier when purchasing away tickets ?

Will it be used as a ticket onto official travel club buses, and if so would I be able to pre-book this on-line, pay for it then just "swipe" onto the bus ?

Will I be able to load it with Villa credits, and swipe it through the till rather than pay for drinks at half time ?

(Could I get up at one o'clock, think "No time for breakfast!", go on-line put a pint and a hot dog onto the card and help myself when i get to Villa Park)

Essentially, is it anything more than a season ticket att the moment, and will it be any more than a season ticket in future ?

Re. season tickets General,

At the moment, it's not possible to buy online and get the 10% discount available to season ticket holders who buy from Villa Village.

Is there any way this can be incorporated into the online sales model ?

Thanks.

Re. season tickets General,

At the moment, it's not possible to buy online and get the 10% discount available to season ticket holders who buy from Villa Village.

Is there any way this can be incorporated into the online sales model ?

Thanks.

And give us free delivery as an incentive? :)

Many a time I'v gone to buy online and the extortionate delivery cost has put me off!

General Krulak here:

1. Back from Calgary...."Cowboys"...went there for an hour...you are right!! What a place!!

2. Re. non-smoking. We will be putting out on the official web site (plus making available to all fan web sites) all the info on this subject. We will also be mailing info out and putting it in ticketing info. We are doing all we can to make this painless but....the law is the law.

3. "Proud History, Bright Future"...I wish I could say Randy or I thought it up but that would not be true. The very first time I heard it was from Phil Mepham. I am not sure he was the originator but...it came from his group.

4. Good thought on neutral seating...I will send the idea over to Tony Diffley.

5. No debit card in the works as yet.

6. I can assure you that Richard Fitzgerald is hard at work on "satellite towns." As I have indicated before, he is a marketing genius and has a map on his office wall that shows the demographics of the midlands in great detail. He knows where we need to go to make a difference.

6. I can assure you that Richard Fitzgerald is hard at work on "satellite towns." As I have indicated before, he is a marketing genius and has a map on his office wall that shows the demographics of the midlands in great detail. He knows where we need to go to make a difference.

Hi General,

Welcome back. I live up in Nottingham and there seems to be a decent number of fans up there also - I can't seem to find anything on an offical fan club up there but would be interested in getting one going. Would the club offer any help with this?

General do either you, Randy or Martin ever get downbeat by fans comments or their high expectations? There are a lot of impatient people and you must read their comments, do they ever get you down or angry?

Great question from Richard, he beat me to it!?

Also General, could you tell MON we would love to see SWP and Defoe down the Villa! I know it's his transfer policy and he picks the team but thought he'd appreciate the input!

On a serious note, thank you for all the hard work so far and I for one am convinced you are the best board in the league.

Hi General. Any update on whethere Away games will be shown in the Holte Hotel?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Another random question if i may.

Will the Holte Hotel have suites to rent? and will these be discount for ST Holders for Partys and the like?

Thanks

General,

Would it be possible to poll the Villa fans before implementing a neutral area as I think there may be some resistance based on the fact that at Fulham it is ismply full of away fans and to some extent dampens the home atmosphere.

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. Trentmiller: Yes, we are eager to help new supporter's groups get started. Please contact Lee Preece and tell him what you are trying to do. Richard Fitzgerald has been willing to travel far and wide to speak with groups and he might help "kick off" your effort.

2. None of us, Randy or MON or myself, get "downbeat" as a result of comments re. players, timing, etc. You all are the Fans...you buy the tickets that pay the salaries and deserve to make any comments you want to make. The only time any comments "sting" is if they get personal...and we have not seen that happen. Randy and MON know better than anyone what the frustration level can become...BUT, they cannot run a Club based upon fan frustration. They need to run it based upon their experience in the business of sports in general and football in particular. As for me, as I have said many, many times before, I trust Randy and MON....and do not get involved in player selection, scouting, purchase, etc. NOT AT ALL.

3. There will be no rooms to let at the Holte. I will check into the away game TV.

General Krulak here:

2. None of us, Randy or MON or myself, get "downbeat" as a result of comments re. players, timing, etc. You all are the Fans...you buy the tickets that pay the salaries and deserve to make any comments you want to make. The only time any comments "sting" is if they get personal...and we have not seen that happen. Randy and MON know better than anyone what the frustration level can become...BUT, they cannot run a Club based upon fan frustration. They need to run it based upon their experience in the business of sports in general and football in particular. As for me, as I have said many, many times before, I trust Randy and MON....and do not get involved in player selection, scouting, purchase, etc. NOT AT ALL.

and long may that continue...

professional men doing the jobs they are good at, is just the way i want the club being run...

General Krulak here:

Brilliantly put and it all make me proud to hear that the club understands that all comments about the club can be a benefit and a small pointer where the wind is going.

I am very happy with how the clubs fortunes off the field is moving on and your work is second to none as far as I know. However, I am one of those who has high expectations about where our squad is heading this summer and it isnt really anything strange with that because it is the team of players that makes Aston Villa FC. If we have the best things a football club can have off the field it really doesnt give much if we have a squad that cant hold same quality or level. I am a huge fan of Aston Villa FC and have been since I was 7 years old (42 yo now) and I wish the very best for the club and I am as passionate as anyone about the club. I hope that we will see signings for the squad that equals your goal and work for the off field issues. I know you cant answer to this but I just wanted to say that despite me being critical at times when it comes to signing players (or the lack of it), I do recognize the brilliant work that is being done about the overall picture at Aston Villa FC and Villa Park.

On the off field issue...what is being done as number one-two-three most important improvements at the moment? I know that there is a million things on your agenda but it would be nice to know what is the priorities now. If you already answered that adn I´ve missed it I apologize.

General, just out of interest, do you know what players Martin and Randy are trying to sign?

I'm NOT asking you to name them, I'm NOT asking how many there are, or ANY details at all - because quite rightly you'd tell me to f*ck off. All I'd like to know is, do you know who he wants?

Hey General,

I was wondering if any further thought about membership schemes, especially international memberships for us Villans not in the UK, has been given by the Club. I have only recently become a father for the first time and would love to sign myself and my little boy up. I have already signed him up as a baby member to the Adelaide Crows Australian Football team here and would love to add a Villa membership to that.

Thanks

General,

Would it be possible to poll the Villa fans before implementing a neutral area as I think there may be some resistance based on the fact that at Fulham it is ismply full of away fans and to some extent dampens the home atmosphere.

Thanks

I personally do not want to see this at all. There is a home section and an away section and it should stick that way. Fulham only have a neutral zone as they have a very small home support. This is a strategy they have implemented to fill the ground on home games. Villa do not need this and should be looking at getting the faithful back to our ground.

General,

Thanks

I personally do not want to see this at all. There is a home section and an away section and it should stick that way. Fulham only have a neutral zone as they have a very small home support. This is a strategy they have implemented to fill the ground on home games. Villa do not need this and should be looking at getting the faithful back to our ground.

Agreed and if you did this at VP there would be trouble without shadow of a doubt

General,

I noticed in the Times today that Fernando Torres said that after arriving at Liverpool the club gave him a selection of DVDs and information about the history of the club. We all know about the well documented poor treatment of our foreign players in the past and I was just wondering whether we do something similar especially as it's in-keeping with our Proud History, Bright Future mantra. If we don't, will it be considered in the future?

General any chance of a Lee Hendrie vs. Ian Taylor testimonial game? There is tones of love for Ian Taylor and fans feel he should of had a testimonial game. Would really tie into the current idea of PROUD HISTORY.

Thanks for everything you're doing at Villa.

Danvandal