General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

3. T-shirts are bad...you are right. I am not sure why they weren't sent back other than to have them out in time for the 82 Celebration. Before it is all over, those things will be collectors items because we sure aren't getting any more!!

General,

Misprints aren't always a bad thing. Couple of years ago some mugs about cricketer Ashley Giles were printed the "King of Spain" instead of the "King of spin". They flew off the shelves.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to enquire about statues around Villa Park. That's a great idea and a great way to celebrate our history.

Also wondering if you still had any of the Proud History Bright Future scarves tucked away at Villa Park General, and what I would have to do to get my hands on one other than paying Aus$60+ on eBay.

Thanks as usual, and it's good to hear there is no bright yellow on the kit.

its been announced that the scarves are going on sale on wednesday at the villa village in limited numbers, i for one will be making the trip to pick up a couple seeing as i missed out on the game...

i believwe there is a dvd of the day being put together? any news on when thats coming out General?

general

Is there any chance of us getting an update how many season tickets are being sold as we hear sales are up but how many is that maybe there could be something put on the official site by ticket sales maybe?

keep up the good work

Paul

General,

Sorry if this has been asked before but are there any plans on starting an Aston Villa TV-channel? And if there are, how far have they come and are they thought to be sold to foreign countries like Sweden?

Thanks for all you've done to our club. Just love it.

Pelle

General Krulak here:

1. We do want to put out a DVD that covers the entire '82 Celebration weekend. Richard Fitzgerald is working it right now. As soon as it looks like it is a done deal, I will let you all know release date.

2. I will get the # of S-T holders to date. As I have indicated, we would consider it a smashing success if we could get between 23-2500.

3. Aston Villa TV is in the offing but I am not sure that it is something that will be done this coming season. We need a few more wins.

2. I will get the # of S-T holders to date. As I have indicated, we would consider it a smashing success if we could get between 23-2500.

Well, if this is what the new board calls success I'm not so sure anymore... ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

And thanks for the answer while at it. I can clearly see what you mean.

General

Does Martin read any of these forums at all, especially the 'Transfer thread'. Although no-one claims to be a professional scout on here, some interesting players have cropped up that people have suggested. These may turn out to be excellent transfer targets that possibly the scouting team had not heard of.

It would ne nice if we could somehow suggest players for Aston villa to target....'Alfonso alves'...cough!

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you. keep up the good work!

Hi General,

I as wondering if there were any plans to renovate the dugouts at Villa Park? You see a lot of top teams with these new big seats, and they do look pretty smart. And also the coverings of them look about 10 years old.

Many Thanks General

Mike

General Krulak here:

1. I am not sure if MON reads any of the forums....my sense is that he does not. I forward info that I think he might be interested in. Martin has several scouts and he, himself, is on the road quite a bit. He has been in Europe several times since the end of the season and he has other folks looking around the world.

2. JPA. Yes, we are trying to determine a good way to do this.

3. So far, renovating the dugouts has not reached our priority list yet. We will probably do that at some time but....we have much more to do that is more immediate in nature.

Dear Sir,

Please ignore this post if you have already addressed the matter earlier in the thread.

I attended the Villa match at Bolton last weekend and noticed a number of supporters wearing grey T shirts sporting the new Villa club badge. I asked one of the fans where he had purchased said item and he explained that he had bought it in the club shop. I found this difficult to believe and assumed that he had got it from a street vendor because the areas of the crest that should be claret were in fact PINK!!

Imagine my surprise this morning when I dropped into the club shop, having renewed my season ticket, to find the said T shirts on sale. I enquired at a senior management level as to why the crests were pink rather than claret and he said, and I quote, “That’s the way they came outâ€. I explained that surely this was not acceptable and wondered why he hadn’t returned the garments to the supplier. I was astounded to by his response which was that he couldn’t see anything wrong with them!

I thought this matter should be brought to your attention as in an earlier post on this thread you mentioned that the claret and blue brand would be standardised. Perhaps the management of the club shop need to be made aware of this and the shirts withdrawn and replaced with some in club colours.

Thanks for reading this

Gerry Hitchens

I posted this to the general a few weeks ago as I went into the club shop in the Pavilions and was amazed at the poor quality of the printing. Pink not claret and it was really bad creeen printed.

Anyway, General, I was thinking earlier, When you say that the whole corporate bradn will change, does that include the font used on the lettering of ASTON VILLA etc.' on the DOug Ellis stand? as when one drives on the Aston expressway and looks at Villa Park, the font used is totally different to what the club seem to be pushing. So can we assume that the same font is used as a signage on that stand and throughout as is used at the training ground?

2. Getting my first season ticket in 2 years thanks to an influx of cash plus the real sense of 'BRIGHT FUTURE' from the new board, Martin er al. Many thanks!

General, you have mentioned that Richard Fitzgerald is working on a DVD of '82 celebrations. Would it not be a good idea to give supporters the option of buying it as part of double package with the existing European Cup Final DVD?

Any news on the progress being made with the film of the club that Randy has commissioned?

General Krulak here:

1. I think I mentioned on this site...or maybe another. The shirts with the "pink" claret were a "rush order" to be used during the '82 Celebration Weekend. When they arrived, the color was not true Claret. We could have sent them back but then would not have had anything for the BIG weekend. Bottom Line: They are not the right color BUT, they will soon become collector's items because there will never be another batch made like that. Get 'em while they are still around.

2. You will see changes on all sinage.

Hi General,

Just wondered what work was going on at VP over summer, obviously the Holte Hotel will contunue to be worked on, but anything ele? Will it be this summer that all the new badges be put up to replace the old mix and match ones? Presumably it will be.