General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, i'm not sure if it has already been asked but are there any plans to establish a 'feader club' for Aston Villa?

Also, just out of interest, from your experience over in America has there been much of a bond developed between Cleaveland Browns and Aston Villa and is there any plans to maybe extend the bond between the two?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

In view of the above posts re 32Red.com and the release of our new home and away strips shortly, could the club offer a 'special' price for fans purchasing either or both shirts/strips for next season? The reason I ask this question is that this kit is likely to only have a one season life span (ie due to end of contract with 32Red.com). If a discounted price cannot be offered, could a discount be provided for any fan willing to make the same purchase the following season (if prove of purchase was provided)? With two children in my household both wanting the latest kits on release, I am reluctant to spend a large amount of money for something that will only be 'new' for 12 months.

Can we deop the 32red thing now? They gave us Nike, they gave us the training ground, they gave us the holte hotel. We need to leave them some miracles to perform next year you know!

LAST WARNING FOR EVERYONE THE 32red DEAL IS HERE TO STAY FOR NEXT SEASON AND THE GENERAL IS ON RECORD MANY TIMES AS TO THE REASONS WHY, NEXT ONE TO ASK GETS A CARD

Hi General, were you at the game today? I guess not as I didn't see tank in the North Stand car park...

Just quickly repeating a question as I think it got a bit lost when you were in the states last time, apologies if you did answer it I must have missed it. Do you know if those of us lucky enough to be in the executive boxes for the Sheff Utd will get scarves as well? I understand they'll be handed out at turnstiles, which we don't go through as such, just through a door. I'm going to the game with a girl visiting me from New Zealand, would be good to get her a scarf to remember her day by (she's a rugby fan really but I plan on converting her, not easy with a kiwi!)

Don't worry if you don't know, just wondered if you knew that's all.

Paddy

General,

Is it possible to clear up a matter which is becoming very concerning to a lot of people - that is where will the away fans be located next season exactly?

The reason I ask is that it is well documented that they are to be moved from the North stand into the Doug Ellis. I was under the impression that they are to be put in the section adjacent to the North Stand which they sometimes have now plus a section above that in the Doug Ellis Upper.

However, yesterday a number of persons around me, particularly some elderly fans who have had the same seats for a number of years, were saying they have heard they are to be re-located as the away fans are to be given 3/4 of the Doug Ellis Lower. As is to be expected they are very concerned regarding this - no one likes upheaval especially in later life.

If a decision has been made, or even if not, an announcement regarding this to clear the air would be very helpful.

May I also join with every other poster and thank yourself and all the other members of the administration who have been a breath of fresh air to us and given us hope for the future.

General Krulak here:

1. Not sure I understand what a feeder is within the context of a sports team. Could you explain the term? Are you talking about the "minor leagues" as in American baseball? That is the closest thing to the "feeder" definition.

2. I doubt that there will be a discount on the kit for all the reasons carlitobrigante articulated. We need to do some things this summer to strengthen our Squad and that will take revenue. Revenue will help us do what must be done.

General,

Next season will be the first in years that I will be able to commit to all home games and therefore purchase both myself and my wife season tickets, which will finally restore a bit of faith in myself as a villan by committng to the club. This is because in May I leave the Royal Navy, a career which has often restricted me in terms of being able to get to Villa Park as often as I like (though this year I've been inspired to manage to get to more games). The flip side of this was that , in celebration of the great years the Navy had given me, I, along with a large group of friends, booked tickets for the ARMY v Navy rugby fixture at twickenham, and I know the corresponding American Football fixture is just as big an event in the states. Heres the rub.... Same date as the Shef Utd Game.... Something had to give!

I'll get to the point! is there any possibility that I would be able to PURCHASE a commemorative scarf after the event? I would rather put a little bit into the club than swell ebays coffers ( though I will if I have to!) I'm sure you are very busy and I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time on such a self-serving issue but dont ask, dont get, right?

Regardless of the outcome of this enquiry, may I extend my gratitude and express my relief at the work Mr Lerner, Yourself, Martin and the whole team at Villa Park have done and are doing.

From Sailor to Warrior, I salute you.

Go NAVY, Beat ARMY!

General Krulak here:

1. Not sure I understand what a feeder is within the context of a sports team. Could you explain the term? Are you talking about the "minor leagues" as in American baseball? That is the closest thing to the "feeder" definition.

Feeder club sir is like a smaller club ie Walsall, Bournemouth etc who would take our younger reserve players on loan for the season to get first team experience and in turn we possibly pay them a small fee (not always) also we have first refusal on any really good young players at the feeder club so that when the time is right we can buy them from the feeder club at a decent price.

Manchester United have a few feeder clubs in Holland and Belgium where they send their talented youngsters to for a few years also PSV are meant to be Chelsea's feeder club (Altho not sure how accurate that is)

It would be brilliant if Villa could have a team in lower leagues of UK also Spanish Second Division team, or a Belgium or Dutch club as a feeder club in order for us to get quality youngsters and send our youngsters on loan

Could Randy consider this as we will strenghen tie's with other clubs at present i don't think we have 1 feeder club compaired to big 4 who have a couple.

General,

Will randy be willing to pay the 50,60k a week wages to potential players, in order to compete with the big clubs. Aston villa have a notorious record of paying players too lower wages in the past, relinquishing any hope we may have had to become a 'big club' like we used to be.

Cheers

General Krulak here:

1. All folks who attend the Sheff Utd game will get scarves...to include those in box. Don't worry Paddy, we will take care of you.

2. The exact location of the away fans is still not totally firm. As soon as it is firmed up, we will announce to keep the air "clear." Again, this will be one of those issues that we will not be able to please everyone. We will do our best but, unfortunately, we recognize that some fans may be upset.

3. I am not sure what will be done with "excess scarves"....we certainly do not want them on e-bay.

4. Feeder Clubs. I am not a mind-reader so I really don't know what MON is thinking about but...I would imagine he is looking closely at such a thing.

General Krulak here:

3. I am not sure what will be done with "excess scarves"....we certainly do not want them on e-bay.

Unfortunately I cant make it to the Sheff Utd game and so will miss out on the scarf :cry:

How about... any excess scarves can be picked up from the villa shop. A ticket stub from any of this seasons games will enable you one free scarf... or something like that??

Keep up the great work!!!!

1. All folks who attend the Sheff Utd game will get scarves...to include those in box. Don't worry Paddy, we will take care of you.

:D Thanks General. Had an email from Alison today who confirmed this.

If you have any spare scarves general, send one this way! I'll pay for postage!

Just kidding, sending one to every international Villa fan that asked would be a nightmare. What to do with them would depend on how many were left over. If it were thousands then giving them to fans who couldnt attend the sheffield united game might be a good idea, but if only a few hundred it might not be worth it.

How about one of those "Why you love Villa" in 25 words or less competitions on the OS? Would be a pretty fair way to go... and it would give me a shot at getting one.

Hi General,

I don't know if its already been mentioned, but I was wondering what had happened to the photo updates on the official site of the Holte Hotel. If I remember rightly it was due to open in the Spring so I imagine the work must be fairly advanced by now. Not living in England I'id be interested in seeing how it's coming along. Apologies if you've already answered this but 206 pages is too many for me to go through. You're just too bloody popular! :)

Hi General

Different kind of question for you... when did you first go to Villa Park? How did it feel? I remember my first time as a kid in the 70s and i was absolutely awestruck as i walked out at the trinity end and saw the ground.

Thanks

Jay

General Krulak here:

1. Scarves. We anticipate having approximately 2500 scarves after we give them out at the Sheff Utd game. We are currently thinking through the best way to distribute those scarves...the most fair and impartial manner. Competition is an interesting thought but who has the time to read all the essays??? Nicky Keye will be asked to "brainstorm" some ideas.

2. We have not posted any pictures of the Holte Hotel because of the scaffolding and the amount of work that it has taken to get it "fixed." Simply put, if we hadn't started on this project, the building would have collapsed or been condemned within a year. It was in terrible shape. The construction crews have done a superb job and we will be opening the Holte sometime around the 26th of May. We will get photos as soon as the inside is cleaned up a bit.

3. Yes, I have sat in the Holte End and had a Balti Pie.

4. I first saw Villa Park this summer. I visited Doug Ellis in his office and he took me to lunch at the Corner Flag. I walked into the restaurant and looked though the windows and was awe-struck by what I saw. The Pitch and the stands were beautiful. I had been in many ballparks during my lifetime, but nothing like Villa. It was magnificent!!