General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

You are a great man. But why on earth do villa sit the away fans behind the goal at villa park??? this clearly gives the away side an advantage that a lot of other premiership clubs do not offer.

Also, i hear the price of season tickets may be coming down, whilst im not overly bothered if they do, i really believe a student season ticket should be available!, we are all so poor!!!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

how much will MON have to work with in the summer? I am not looking for sums or anything, but will we compete with the other top clubs in the Prem?

Would Randy be scared off from bidding 20M for a player if he was available and of MON's desire?

General, this isn't a complaint more of a suggestion, its something I thought of after contacting the ticket office on Monday

Sometimes I buy my tickets on the internet, sometimes in person and this week for the first time in years I did it over the phone. Every time I've recived good service and have no complaints about the staff. But here it is as I've used all three methods of ticket purchase you have a lot of my details. Even though I bought my tickets over the phone this time, it would have been nice if I could also have recieved an email of confirmation as you do have these details on your database anyway, can't see the harm or extra cost involved and it would benefit myself to know the order had been processed correctly and to allow me to correct the mistake at an earlier date (ok I'm being paranoid as the staff are excellent anyway but......)

It might even be of use for personal callers to, just in case they do accidentally lose their tickets etc

Ah well just an idea

I phoned the ticket office before the Pool match. He searched for my name and he found it in ten seconds. This was on a Wednesday afternoonish, I had the tickets in my mailbox by Friday in Norway! I have to say that I am extremely pleased by the service I received.

General (or anyone else)

Can you point me in the right direction please? I agreed to sell all bar one of my shares to RAL when the initial offer was made and duly returned my share certificate as required. I subsequently received the monies due for those shares.

Obviously all remaining shares were to be compulsory purchased, including my sole surviving one. Now I'm not too bothered about the £5.50 but I would really like my share certificate back, embossed as promised when the deal was completed.

Can you help?

General,

Sorry to bring up the TV deals saga again, but hows this for a possible solution....

The FA and SKY strike up a deal where theres a time frame to when games can be moved, i.e. 2 months notice, that way everyone gets fair warning, and SKY can't make last minute changes. Surely SKY and the FA can arrange this.

Also thanks for your post about the way Villa are going, you've made me even more confident in what your trying to achieve at the Villa (if that is possible!)

:)

General,

Great news regarding the new reduced season ticket prices for next season. 2 questions,

1. There was no mention made regarding the possibility that ST holders could return tickets for resale, for matches which they were unable to attend. Will such a scheme be used next season?

2. Have the club considered a scheme whereby non ST holders who attend a set number of games are rewarded, ie after buying a ticket for 5 different home games you receive 5% discount on future tickets, after 10 games 10% discount? As a ST holder it wouldn't benefit me but it would reward regular supporters who are not ST holders for whatever reason.

ive been a seasonticket holder for donkeys years, but after hearing today that villa people are on the campus at UCE selling Everton tickets for a £10, im beginning to think "why should I bother paying £425 upfront into villas bank account" when all i have to do is get cheapo tenner tickets for every game, itll cost me £190 for the season that way.............

fair enough, theres been a slight reduction in price, but what other incentives have we season ticket holders got ?? because it certainly aint in the freeflowing football matches we have to endure.

my season ticket is £425, spread over 19 games so an average of £22.37 per game........... why bother when you can just blag a student to get you one for a tenner. I aggree I like the ground full, but I dont see why I should be paying top dollar when the person next to me will invariably have waltzed in for a tenner. Its sh*te........... Heres a suggestion to men at the top.

1> to add more incentive to the season ticket holder, why cant we present our seasonticket at the refreshments stall and say claim a free pint & pie - and maybe a programme. This would cost me around £10 of my own money, and if this wasnt the case, would certainly soften the blow of half the ground paying vastly reduced prices to get in to see the game

2> One idea, how about refreshment bars exclusively for seasonticket holders. This would reduce queuing times inside the stadia

ALTHOUGH THE PRICE REDUCTION IS APPRECIATED - I FOR ONE NEED MORE INCENTIVES THAN SAVIN £20 MEASLY QUID

regards

Gen

A bit of a moan sorry, even though I post many questions, they usually are not moans so I hope you hear me out.

Today I heard on local radio "Villa announce 5% drop in season ticket prices". Therefore, having paid last year £380 and £125 for my kid I did a quick bit of maths and thought it would be somewhere around the £360 / £120 mark.

Got home, checked the official site and found ------ £380 and £125 !!!

Now as I have said on the other thread, in one way I am happy they haven't gone up, but I believe the "5% reduction" is totally misleading and shouldn't be publicised like that. I did think that kind of "play on words" had left us when the other bloke left.

Can I have your thoughts please

Before anyone else cuts in Gen, can I just add a point to the above.

My only worry about spending £500 on tickets in June is the fact that come December all these offers are going to start again. I see there is another one next week - a season ticket holder can buy two tickets for his friends for £5 each. All well and good but it hacks me off that I have forked out over £20 when my mates can go the game, have a shed load of beer and food and still not spend as much as me.

Are the board going to "Guarentee" that there will be no repeat of this year - if not, I won't renew and take my chances.

Before anyone else cuts in Gen, can I just add a point to the above.

My only worry about spending £500 on tickets in June is the fact that come December all these offers are going to start again. I see there is another one next week - a season ticket holder can buy two tickets for his friends for £5 each. All well and good but it hacks me off that I have forked out over £20 when my mates can go the game, have a shed load of beer and food and still not spend as much as me.

Are the board going to "Guarentee" that there will be no repeat of this year - if not, I won't renew and take my chances.

Im with you on that, especially as i have had to miss 2 big games due to fixture changes. Easier and cheaper to buy match by match.

Like somebody elses idea about the refreshment bar for season ticket holders only, cant see how it would ever work though. A new challenge for them to deal with next season perhaps??

General Krulak here:

Sorry I have been off net for a few days...on a business trip.

1. Trophy case...you are so right! Randy has seen the problem and is having a huge case built for all of our silverware and other trophies. It will be placed in the Holte Hotel/Inn and it will be fantastic... you all will love it.

2. Adbo9....I answered your comments in a pm.

3. Ticketing: Look, as I have said many times before, we MUST get more people to our games if we are going to be a top of the table Club...simple as that. We KNOW that the BEST way to get fans to the games is to WIN, CONSISTENTLY!! We know that. UNTIL we are at the point of having the stands filled...or close to filled...we need to make offers to those folks who we feel will eventually become life-long Villa Fans. We understand that this sometimes appears like we don't support the Season Ticket holders but we do. The opening of the Bodymoor Heath with the 82 Team is open to Season Ticket holders...first come, first serve...apply fast! The party on Friday night with members of the 82 Team is open to Season Ticket Holders. Again, this causes some heartburn with the non Season Ticket holder fans but...this was done as a demonstration of appreciation to those who hold season tickets. We will open Bodymoor Heath for regular fans...BUT not on this special day. We are working very hard to make our tickets among the most competitive in the Premiership...but we need to attract new fans because they will be critical as we move up the table.

4. Next year the away fans will not be behind goals.

5. As I have said many, many times (and was proven correct), Randy will support MON in the obtaining of quality players. We will not throw money away but....if MON says "This is one I need", then Randy will be there for him....and our fans. I think we all saw that a couple of months ago. I recall some pretty pointed posts about Randy and his money...and "would he spend?" He did!

6. There will be a resale scheme...we are trying to put it together now.

7. Ticket prices were lowered. I will check on the ad.

Hello General

Will we be getting the Official Site re-done and run by a new set of people as recently none of the news stories link to their appropriate article, meaning its pointless having headlines as half the time the links don't go to the right report. :(

Cheers :)

General, I know some season ticket holders feel in some way aggrieved at the fact that non-season ticket holders are gaining benefits in terms of ticket prices. I for one have taken advantage of this and I am delighted that the club are lookinga at strategic ways to get back the fans in its thousands to support the team I and many others love.

I have been to many many Villa games, home and away, over the past 24 years but I have never been a season ticket holder due to cost amd commitments that I could no way avoid. However next season, even though these benefits will carry on for non-season ticket holders I will be acquiring an ST. It is not only to support my club but also to support the new regime and their commitment to Aston Villa as the board have shown that they want the best for the club.

I want to also take this opportunity to say thanks to yourself and the board for making us Villa fans look forward to something again.

il be getting a season ticket next year, (my first since moving back home from devon), even though i will miss midweek games due to work commitments and im chuffing skint...

the prices are extremely reasonable and will obviously guarantee me a seat... if other fans can get tickets cheaper, then so be it, but they wont be guaranteed to get tickets for derbys, or against the big sides... (although, to me, it doesnt matter who we play.. i go to watch aston villa, not the opposition...)

my only decision is whether to pay the extra for the upper holte central, or sit in the north stand....

decisions decisions...

General Krulak here:

1. The payment schemes are being worked out at the moment. The one we were just talking about has to do with "resale" of unused tickets and how that will work. Lots of effort going into that one.

2. The official web site leaves much to be desired and will be upgraded over the summer. We know we have much to do.

3. To those Season Ticket holders who have been supporting our effort to get folk back to Villa Park....THANK YOU!!! We are NOT trying to screw the S-T holder...we are trying to introduce new fans to YOUR Club. There are some S-T hoders who are VERY unhappy and I am sorry...but we need to expand the fan base if we are going to truly be successful. We know we need to put a winning team on the Pitch and we will.