Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

We are fine with defenders and midfielders...we could however do with a striker. Are u happy to get rid of Delfouneso?

Perfectly happy, the lad looks like he just does'nt have the attitude to make it at the top level. He's had 4 seasons to break through and failed to make any impression. I reckon he will go the way of the Moore brothers but that's just an opinion.

Well I've just noticed that Delfouneso wasnt given a squad number for this season....so maybe just maybe he's a makeweight in any deal? :!:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that youtube clip brings a chills down your spine. Feyenord are clearly a massive club in a football crazy country. The fact the Dutch league is so short on cash has been a plus point for clubs all over Europe for years. Even we got a bargain with Bouma once. It's so refreshing to once again have a manager that is scouting Europe for players. Exciting times. Lambert where where you 5 years ago?!?

hope im wrong on this but as i said earlier looked poor in Euros especially turning

20 out of the 23 Dutch players looked terrible in the Euros but it doesn't mean they are really that crap :|

This is true but then please tell me a Dutch player that looked good?

very true but the defence was the worst part of that Dutch team the manager knew it. Portugal should have hit 7 or 8 past them and Germany stopped playing after 55 minutes

Wesley Sneijder.

Wesley Sneijder is one of the best players in the world yet looked only decent in patchs. The whole team disappointed. I don't think it makes sense to have an opinion on whether you want to sign vlar based on 2 games. If he was also shit for his club team then I'd be worried but i hear he is captain.

Vlaar would be a decent signing.

:D

8)

Now that's the type of passion we need down at Villa Park!

COME ON!!!!!!!

Do they do that after a win? Must be few and far in between. Lol

Vlaar would be a decent signing.

8)

Now that's the type of passion we need down at Villa Park!

COME ON!!!!!!!

Do they do that after a win? Must be few and far in between. Lol

This is true but then please tell me a Dutch player that looked good?

very true but the defence was the worst part of that Dutch team the manager knew it. Portugal should have hit 7 or 8 past them and Germany stopped playing after 55 minutes

I agree but it seemed more disjointed rather than due to bad players. A 18 years old at left back didn't help either. confidence was also dented in the first game whereas had they taken their chances and smashed Denmark they could have approached the other games differently.

Wow that youtube clip brings a chills down your spine. Feyenord are clearly a massive club in a football crazy country. The fact the Dutch league is so short on cash has been a plus point for clubs all over Europe for years. Even we got a bargain with Bouma once. It's so refreshing to once again have a manager that is scouting Europe for players. Exciting times. Lambert where where you 5 years ago?!?

The Dutch league is not really short on cash...just Feyenoord is (and some smaller teams). Clubs like PSV, FC Twente, Vitesse and our not so friends from Amsterdam are spending quite big on players every year. Even Heerenveen are spending a bit this year now that Marco van Basten is their manager.

We have a great youth academy that produces a lot of great players. 23 of the 27 first team squad players that we have are Dutch and 16 have come from our academy. Even from the 5 foreign players that we have, 2 came out of the academy and have been with us for a long time.

Wesley Sneijder.

Wesley Sneijder is one of the best players in the world yet looked only decent in patchs. The whole team disappointed. I don't think it makes sense to have an opinion on whether you want to sign vlar based on 2 games. If he was also shit for his club team then I'd be worried but i hear he is captain.

He was basically on his own in playing well in that Dutch side - his passing as usual was immense but there's only so much one player can do.

I don't really know why you're telling me that I'm not rating Vlaar here - I didn't say anything like that.

Well let's put that awfulness behind us and bask in the glory of Louis Van Gaal being appointed manager :notworthy:

So yes, despite being from Rotterdam, Vlaar is a good player and would certainly improve our defence.

The Dutch league is not really short on cash...just Feyenoord is (and some smaller teams). Clubs like PSV, FC Twente, Vitesse and our not so friends from Amsterdam are spending quite big on players every year. Even Heerenveen are spending a bit this year now Marco van Basten is their manager.

We have a great youth academy that produces a lot of great players. 23 of the 27 first team squad players that we have are Dutch and 16 have come from our academy. Even from the 5 foreign players that we have, 2 came out of the academy and have been with us for a long time.

In that case please excuse my ignorance :) ok even if not short on cash there is still the great appeal of the premier league to lure quality players for less money than the overpaid British players we've had to tolerate in recent years.