Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Wesley Sneijder.

Wesley Sneijder is one of the best players in the world yet looked only decent in patchs. The whole team disappointed. I don't think it makes sense to have an opinion on whether you want to sign vlar based on 2 games. If he was also shit for his club team then I'd be worried but i hear he is captain.

He was basically on his own in playing well in that Dutch side - his passing as usual was immense but there's only so much one player can do.

I don't really know why you're telling me that I'm not rating Vlaar here - I didn't say anything like that.

I was just saying in general and in response to Zatmans earlier post. Not about you directly mate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wesley Sneijder.

Wesley Sneijder is one of the best players in the world yet looked only decent in patchs. The whole team disappointed. I don't think it makes sense to have an opinion on whether you want to sign vlar based on 2 games. If he was also shit for his club team then I'd be worried but i hear he is captain.

He was basically on his own in playing well in that Dutch side - his passing as usual was immense but there's only so much one player can do.

I don't really know why you're telling me that I'm not rating Vlaar here - I didn't say anything like that.

I was just saying in general and in response to Zatmans earlier post. Not about you directly mate.

Okey dokey - no worries.

I quite like the idea of Vlaar FWIW.

Lambert buying players from the place which gave Villa it's greatest ever moment :lol:

I would prefer Vlaar over Collins/Dunne/Cuellar in all honesty.

So how do you say his name? Is it like "Flaahr"?

Yep, his nickname with the Feyenoord fans in 'Ron Beton' which means 'Concrete Ron'

OK.

I liked your description comparing him to Dunne. If he could be the Richard Dunne of 2/3 years ago and before that but without the ego and the alcoholism, that would be perfect foil for a youngster like Clark.

He doesn't have to be spectacular. He just has to be "concrete". He sounds, I dunno, "stable"? Would you say he's a leader?

---------Given

----Vlaar------Clark

Lowton--------------New LB

--------El Ahmadi

----------------Ireland

N'zogbia--------------Holman

----------De Jong??

----------Bent

Based on the fact De Jong is nothing but wishful thinking I would say with current squad we could put Makoun in the middle and have the option of Ireland or Gabby behind Bent.

So how do you say his name? Is it like "Flaahr"?

Yep, his nickname with the Feyenoord fans in 'Ron Beton' which means 'Concrete Ron'

OK.

I liked your description comparing him to Dunne. If he could be the Richard Dunne of 2/3 years ago and before that but without the ego and the alcoholism, that would be perfect foil for a youngster like Clark.

He doesn't have to be spectacular. He just has to be "concrete". He sounds, I dunno, "stable"? Would you say he's a leader?

Yeah, he has really grown into the leader role in the last 2 seasons. I don't think he will be as comfortable in the same role in England but maybe in due time.

@mattyp_avfc

Luuk de Jong is set to move to Monchengladbach tomorrow or tuesday for approx 12 million pounds.

Villa should buy John Guidetti (Man City) as a new striker. He was an absolute legend for us last year and would only cost half of the De Jong fee. He would make a great partner for Bent.

---------Given

----Vlaar------Clark

--------El Ahmadi

----------------Ireland

----------De Jong??

----------Bent

Based on the fact De Jong is nothing but wishful thinking I would say with current squad we could put Makoun in the middle and have the option of Ireland or Gabby behind Bent.

Yeah that would work too :) would think we will get in now after Vlaar

LB, STR, CB maybe a winger

---------Given

----Vlaar------Clark

--------El Ahmadi

----------------Ireland

----------De Jong??

----------Bent

Wishful thinking again ;)

Regardless of who plays behind Bent we do need another striker as i don't think either Delfouneso or Weimann are premiership quality.

Vlaar is a good CB who should add a bit of leadershiP to our back 4.

I think you're right about Delfouneso, but very wrong about Weimann. Hopefully right about Vlaar.

---------Given

----Vlaar------Clark

--------El Ahmadi

----------------Ireland

----------De Jong??

----------Bent

Wishful thinking again ;)

Nothing wrong with that :D

Villa should buy John Guidetti (Man City) as a new striker. He was an absolute legend for us last year and would only cost half of the De Jong fee. He would make a great partner for Bent.

would like this on the word of mouth i have heard about him. have heard nothing but good things about Guidetti but have also heard he is very similar to Bent like a poacher.

also meant to be a bit of an asshole like Ibra

Feyenoord

Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord) Posted: Jul 15, 2012 - 10:28 PM

Academy

8pints wrote:

£5mil and Collins/Hutton would sound like a good deal

Don't listen to what we say on here Feyenoord, Alan Hutton is brilliant...honest.

We are fine with defenders and midfielders...we could however do with a striker. Are u happy to get rid of Delfouneso?

Me personally, Yes, I'd be happy to sell Delefouneso to bring Vlaar in. I think Delefouneso may play well in the Dutch league. Sounds like a much better deal beneficial to both teams.

Having a peek at a Feyenoord forum and they seem to be saying he's earned a move after having a great season (following injury setbacks). A great captain who leads by example. Sounds like just what we need. Our squad do seem like a quiet bunch, when they're not drunk.