Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he has really grown into the leader role in the last 2 seasons. I don't think he will be as comfortable in the same role in England but maybe in due time.

What makes you say that?

Perhaps the guy will want to spend the first season at the club just focusing on adapting to the league. I mean if there is one position that is harsh on a foreign player it's centre of defence. I think the last thing on his mind for at least the first half of his season is shouting out orders and to be a leader, he's got to get used to how the Premier League operates first and as we have seen time and time again that is hard enough.

sorry if it has already been mentioned....but I just saw a you-tube clip of him scoring from in his own half....anyone else seen it?

some commanding headers also, very laursen-like.

sorry if it has already been mentioned....but I just saw a you-tube clip of him scoring from in his own half....anyone else seen it?

How about a link, mate?

I'm loving that we're raiding top Dutch and maybe French clubs and not singing old retreads and rejects from other English clubs...this approach alone speaks volumes, even if the moves don't pan out.

Dutch players tend to adapt every easily to English football...sign him up!

Yeah, he has really grown into the leader role in the last 2 seasons. I don't think he will be as comfortable in the same role in England but maybe in due time.

What makes you say that?

From what I've read, it's taken him a while to finally come into his own in Holland...so with a move to England, he'll probably need a season to get settled and established before assuming an outright leader/captain's role.

How about a link, mate?

sorry mate, not great with links but i'll have a crack...

Regardless of who plays behind Bent we do need another striker as i don't think either Delfouneso or Weimann are premiership quality.

Vlaar is a good CB who should add a bit of leadershiP to our back 4.

I think you're right about Delfouneso, but very wrong about Weimann. Hopefully right about Vlaar.

Matter of opinion of course but Weimann hasn't done anything yet to convince me that we can rely on him should Bent get injured again. Apart from his Marlon Harewood style wonder goal.

Regardless of Weimann though we need another striker.

Ron Vlaar? His surname sounds so much like our club name that a chant should essentially write itself!

Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaaaaaaaar

Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaaar Vlaaaaaaaaaaaaar etc