General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are west ham really about to pay £11m for Jarvis ??

That is unreal

Amazing fee as is £12m for Fletcher to Sunderland, £10m for Dawson to QPR etc.....

It's frustrating at the apparent lack of activity at Villa but seriously, would fans rather the club spunk massive amounts of cash on deals like above???

I'd rather play the patient game and bring in players at their right values.

You can only begin to imagine what this place will be like come the afternoon of the 31st August 2012.

I predict a lot of "it's his club he can do what he wants!" and "why don't we calm down and wait till the end of January before we judge."

You can only begin to imagine what this place will be like come the afternoon of the 31st August 2012.

I predict a lot of "it's his club he can do what he wants!" and "why don't we calm down and wait till the end of January before we judge."

You're right - let's go hysterical now and moan like ****, so if nothing happens we can look awesome because our club is shit and we were right!!!

You're right - let's go hysterical now and moan like ****, so if nothing happens we can look awesome because our club is shit and we were right!!!

Yes that would be ideal for me.

I'll once again have bought a season ticket to watch my team struggle but I'll be able to tell a bunch of strangers on the Internet that I was right.

Perfect.

I don't have to imagine. I'm reading the same shite now before the window has even closed.

:clap:

I like this kind of statement almost as much as the why didn't we 'go in for' so and so moan.

Seriously what are people expecting a morning press release every day detailing the specifics of all ongoing player negotiations? We've already seen in the Vlaar signings how leaking information early can potentially **** up any deal being discussed.

Yes that would be ideal for me.

I'll once again have bought a season ticket to watch my team struggle but I'll be able to tell a bunch of strangers on the Internet that I was right.

Perfect.

You have no idea that will happen though, none whats so ever. You assume thats the case but it certainly doesn't make it so and i'm sure we'll all know about it if it does.

But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sounds to me you'd like us to be like QPR, signing lots of players, any players will do just sign some, that will automatically mean they'll do well.

Jesus people need to get a grip, spoilt kicks stamping their feet.

Sounds to be you'd like us to be like QPR, signing lots of players, any players will do just sign some, that will automatically mean they'll do well.

As sad as it is I think that would satisfy a lot of people. I remember last season QPR signed a shit-load of experienced PL players and everyone was talking about how they'd be mid-table yet they still finished below us. I think some need to get away from this idea that spending lots of money doesn't automatically mean you're going to do well.

Sounds to be you'd like us to be like QPR, signing lots of players, any players will do just sign some, that will automatically mean they'll do well.

As sad as it is I think that would satisfy a lot of people. I remember last season QPR signed a shit-load of experienced PL players and everyone was talking about how they'd be mid-table yet they still finished below us. I think some need to get away from this idea that spending lots of money doesn't automatically mean you're going to do well.

totally agree, just look at some of the most recent fees being banded around, £11m for Jarvis, £12m for Fletcher and £10m for Dawson.. Do people really want us to piss the transfer budget away for quick fixes???

You have no idea that will happen though, none whats so ever. You assume thats the case but it certainly doesn't make it so and i'm sure we'll all know about it if it does.

Not once have I said I know what's happening or what will definetly happen. I've said what it looks like given the facts and evidence I see. Could I be completely wrong? Yes.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

:lol:

And it sounds like I'd be happy signing just anyone? Yes that's what I've said. Well done :lol: