General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Haven't Lambert & Faulkner pretty much said we're done for this window now ?

Or is that a smokescreen ? IMHO we need 4 more players but I just cannot see how that will happen

CI i simply won't believe that Lambert has identified our weaknesses and won't be backed by the board before the window closes. :?

You'd be right not to believe it

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or is that a smokescreen ? IMHO we need 4 more players but I just cannot see how that will happen

CI i simply won't believe that Lambert has identified our weaknesses and won't be backed by the board before the window closes. :?

Morpheus, by backed, do you mean backed "and some" ;-)

I find it hard to believe the budget is just £8m, but we are in unchartered waters here, massive debt, foreign owner.

Would only like Jarvis or Fletcher from Wolves, but not at the prices we'd have to pay. Possibly Doyle, but think I'd prefer Jones.

My realistic ideal signings based on recent rumours:

Olsson

Jones

Defensive midfielder

Getting rif of Makoun, Warnock and Hutton

You'd be right not to believe it

:hooray:

Morpheus, by backed, do you mean backed "and some" ;-)

I find it hard to believe the budget is just £8m, but we are in unchartered waters here, massive debt, foreign owner.

Yeah mate i know but if we were relegated due to a lack of investment now or in January, i can't for the life of me think that Randy would want to miss out on the increase in TV revenue.

The fact that we came so close last season should be the catalyst for investment now!

I have a sneaking suspicion we have seen the last of our summer dealings:

Lambert doesn't want loan players.

Vlaar money blaitantly came off the sale of Collins.

No new players in whilst Warnock and Hutton remain at the club (even though they are desperately needed).

Dawson is another good player who is available and would go straight into the team and improve us.

Lol piss off, he is injury prone, made 8 appearances all last season and the quoted price could be as high as £9.5m.

It would be idiotic to sign him.

Lol, piss off.

He had a bad injury last season. So that now means he's useless. Didn't Vlaar have a bad injury a few years back, is he useless?

He's played a key part helping spurs break the top 4 and was good enough to become their captain at one point and win their player of the year.

Also it wasn't that long ago that a decent player named Carlos Tevez said Dawson was the best English defender he'd played against.