General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Liverpool going back in for Dempsey after they lost yesterday.

Spurs have asked City about Johnson apparently

An approach has been made to Manchester City for Adam Johnson, who has grown discontent at his lack of playing time under Roberto Mancini.

While City are eager to rationalise a squad that costs them a record sum in wages, they are understood to have asked £15m for the England international.

Though Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, does not want to meet that fee, he may be willing to go as high as £10m for the 25 year old, particularly if a buyer can be found for Aaron Lennon. Johnson is open to a move.

"I'm the kind of player that needs to be playing regularly," he said last week. "It would be nice to get a run of games with England and hopefully I can push on to the next qualifiers. I'm not sure if I'll get that chance at City."

The National

As much money as you originally thought?
Don't think I have ever posted a figure, I have certainly not been told one, nor would I expect that. But I still expect him to be backed to make the decisions he sees fit, I still believe he would not be here otherwise, or unless he had been given some assurances on that

While a figure wasn't said, sure you said significant spending that made you excited. Are you still excited by what you think we'll sign?

I'm not trying to catch you out, I'm trying to cling on to hope that someone who seems to know is still excited by the investment that we can expect.

We need to trade to buy. The club have been saying this for over a year now, I'd listen to them rather than twitter ITK's

So we must get shot of Hutton Warnock and maybe Ireland before we can get 2 or 3 more in

The poster who said £8m + 50% of net transfer receipts was pretty spot on. Well done

latest on Twatter.....

@VILLA_INSIDER1 - I don't want to get Villa fans too excited or not as the case may be. But, it would appear the move for Andy Carroll is very much on.

Not saying I believe it.... just putting it on here for all to comment.

I Carroll comes Lambert simply must also have a winger lined up...

signing him would be utterly pointless when our one winger is Zogbia who's crossing is poor....

when Alby comes back we don't know if he is going to hit the ground running, plus i lost count of the over hit crosses he put in last year....

Carroll signing will excite me for 2 reasons....1 he's a good player and 2 surely it must be followed by a winger...

i was green with envy watching Swansea tear forward yesterday...it was an absolute dream to watch Dyer and even **** Routledge run rings round QPR....

where are our players that can do that?

sign them Paul!

We need to trade to buy. The club have been saying this for over a year now, I'd listen to them rather than twitter ITK's

So we must get shot of Hutton Warnock and maybe Ireland before we can get 2 or 3 more in

The poster who said £8m + 50% of net transfer receipts was pretty spot on. Well done

Whilst we should get rid of Hutton and Warnock, I think this trade to buy thing should come to an end for now after those 2 sales. We are really low on numbers, simply buying one player and selling another isn't going to help us when players get injured or we need to rotate. When it comes to experienced players, we must have one of the smallest squads in the league.

While a figure wasn't said, sure you said significant spending that made you excited. Are you still excited by what you think we'll sign?

I'm not trying to catch you out, I'm trying to cling on to hope that someone who seems to know is still excited by the investment that we can expect.

Still excited, still calm. Admittedly I'd like it to happen soon as negativity can be quite infectious ! And it is starting to make me a little nervous but to quote Britney "I still belieeeeeve, still belieeeeeve" whether or not that belief is justified remains to be seen, but as I have been the most vocal and earliest anti Lerner poster on this site, the fact that I am now pretty positive should give you something to cling to?

It's almost as if people haven't seen that tweet from Falkner which basically said 'that's your lot'

Faulkner was commentating with Jack Woodward on the NextGen game earlier this week, and was talking about expecting in's and out's before the window closes.

If we have to trade to buy then we need to get our priorieties right.Everyone is going on about Warnock but IMO its Hutton and Nzgog that need to go first, especially Nzgog. He is a dead a weight.

It's almost as if people haven't seen that tweet from Falkner which basically said 'that's your lot'

Faulkner was commentating with Jack Woodward on the NextGen game earlier this week, and was talking about expecting in's and out's before the window closes.

Exactly - ins and outs which matches his tweets about running as a business basically saying sell before buy. I can't see Hutton or warnock going, can you? Why would anybody buy them? And who, half decent, could be brought in for the pittance we'd get for them?

I expected Villa to at least create a goal scoring chance yesterday but they didn't!