General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I can see a left back coming in next week before the West Ham game.

Otherwise I think we'll go into the first few games with what we have and probably sign a striker and maybe another defender on deadline day although Dunne will probably be fit by then.

With an educated guess, that's what I think will happen anyway.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Dempsey was told to stay away from the first team squad. We should be trying to sign him! He can play striker and the wing.

Dempsey has repeatedly stated in the past that his next move would be somewhere where he would have the potential to play CL football. Unfortunately, we are still quite a ways from that point at this moment in time, so Dempsey would almost certainly be a no go.

Apparently Dempsey was told to stay away from the first team squad. We should be trying to sign him! He can play striker and the wing.

Dempsey has repeatedly stated in the past that his next move would be somewhere where he would have the potential to play CL football. Unfortunately, we are still quite a ways from that point at this moment in time, so Dempsey would almost certainly be a no go.

Yes i agree, the again Liverpool are not likelly to feature in the CL any time soon.

At almost 30 im not sure where Dempsey might go to get his CL football. Russia maybe, but i can't see him going there.

Yes i agree, the again Liverpool are not likelly to feature in the CL any time soon.

At almost 30 im not sure where Dempsey might go to get his CL football. Russia maybe, but i can't see him going there.

You could make a slight argument that they could potentially push for it at Liverpool, while I agree with you that they probably will not. Outside of that, my guesses would be Arsenal or possibly a French team, he was linked quite a bit with French teams in the past, specifically PSG (obviously not now with the crazy money).

Just seen Paul Scharner is on a free.

Now I know it's not a signing that will excite a lot of people but he can play in central defence, right back and midfield and chips in with goals aswell.

One of those players I always thought we would end up signing sooner or later and at one time I'd have been happy to see us do so for the above reasons.

I think he is way past his best though and I'd rather not take on players at that stage of their career even on free transfers, I can't imagine WBA would have let him go had he still been an asset.

Rebuilding with 32 year old's doesn't really strike me as being wise because you aren't rebuilding you are simply delaying a problem. If we are going to really rebuild we need young and hungry players with a maximum age of I'd say 27/28 otherwise we are just going to need to replace the players we sign this summer next summer.

Lambert has got it spot on so far in that regard I don't see him reversing the trend to pic up 32 year old players past their peak even if they are free.

He signed a 2 year deal with them and chose not to renew it.

Close to signing for Hamburg anyway apparently.

Not quite.

He had a 2 year deal but failed to play enough games in order to trigger the clause in order to activate the second year of the deal. He only needed to make 25 appearances.

Kind of suggests he is past it to me.

Not actually worth debating Scharner as he does not fit into Lamberts demographic

Now we seem to have overseas scouts (or at least in Holland) it opens up a whole new frontier

Is it any worse than a lot of clubs we'll be looking to finish above this season....Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom etc?

Depends how many of the experienced squad members raise their game, whether the kids will come of age and if the new signings can adjust to the Prem.

Lots of ifs in there.

We signed a Dutch international last week ffs. Have a word with yourself. There is stuff going on behind the scenes I'm sure of it. The fact some gobshites on Twitter arent making stuff up in the meantime is of no consequence.

We signed a Dutch international last week ffs. Have a word with yourself. There is stuff going on behind the scenes I'm sure of it. The fact some gobshites on Twitter arent making stuff up in the meantime is of no consequence.

Yeah I get that.

Pleased with the Vlaar signing but in honesty I've never seen him play (or KEA, Holman and Lowton). Really hope they are as good as we want them to be.

I believe in Lambert absolutely but it does appear the shackles are a bit tighter than we might have thought when he joined (or maybe just me).

Still 3 weeks of the window left of course so let's see what happens.