Predict the result v Liverpool

BOF

What will be the outcome of our trip to Anfield ?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of our trip to Anfield ?

• Villa win
    • Another draw
    • Liverpool win

The all time record of Villa being unbeaten is 18 and 12 in the modern era, put your hearts and souls into it and both records could fall!

5 draws in 7 games and yet to win away in the prem..... we are due a win especially at the Kop :)

The all time record of Villa being unbeaten is 18 and 12 in the modern era, put your hearts and souls into it and both records could fall!

5 draws in 7 games and yet to win away in the prem..... we are due a win especially at the Kop :)

Yeah, that sounds fair enough.

Heart says villa win, head Liverpool, I am going to Anfield on saturday and I only saw us win one game last year, so I hope my luck has changed.

Does anyone know how easy it is to park, would it be easier to park in the centre and get a taxi or bus to the ground, the last four seasons I have been there I have been on corporate hospitality with free parking on stanley park, this year I am with the villa supporters and looking forward to the game a lot more

I agree with Rocafella but feel we may have to wait a little longer. Can't really see a draw against a non-London team. We aren't in the best possible form but even so I can see us winning by 2 clear goals. By 3-1 perhaps.

Can't see it to be fair, I think we've been pretty poor the last 3-4 games now apart from a 15 min spell against Spurs, we seem a bit flat.

3-1 Liverpool but.....I certainly hope the boys have a go and get something, we are well overdue a big win away from home against one of the 'big clubs' crossfingers.gif

Come On You Lions Victory.gif

We have to be a lot better than last night which I think we will be. What we can't afford to do is give the ball away cheaply like we did in certain periods of the second half yesterday as they have the player to make us pay. Would love another draw to keep the unbeaten run going.

Hopefully Bouma did enough to show MON that he can be trusted at leftback. He is a better leftback than Barry in terms of defending against a marauding winger. Plus this is a game where we need Barry's influence in midfield the most. I would go with.

Sorensen/Taylor

Hughes Mellberg Ridgewell Bouma

Gabby Davis McCann Petrov Barry

Angel[/code]

Now I KNOW 4-5-1 really needs an attacker on each wing but I think Barry is creative enough to compensate. Also I think the grit in midfield is essential. If MON doesn't want Bouma then I would be reluctant to move Barry back and perhaps go with using Laursen in some permutation in defence. Five across the middle is as important in this game as it was against Arse & Chelsea. It's only by a lucky coincidence that it means dropping the frankly shite Baros to the bench.

AT Anfield... we dont do well over there.

Heart: 1-1 (Crouch, Petrov)

Head: 2-0 Liverplop (Crouch, Gerrard PK) Although Crouch seems to be sublime on the international level and not in the Premiership.. still think he will score against us much like Vass did last year.

Hopefully Bouma did enough to show MON that he can be trusted at leftback. He is a better leftback than Barry in terms of defending against a marauding winger. Plus this is a game where we need Barry's influence in midfield the most. I would go with.

Sorensen/Taylor

Hughes Mellberg Ridgewell Bouma

Gabby Davis McCann Petrov Barry

Angel

Now I KNOW 4-5-1 really needs an attacker on each wing but I think Barry is creative enough to compensate. Also I think the grit in midfield is essential. If MON doesn't want Bouma then I would be reluctant to move Barry back and perhaps go with using Laursen in some permutation in defence. Five across the middle is as important in this game as it was against Arse & Chelsea. It's only by a lucky coincidence that it means dropping the frankly shite Baros to the bench.

BOF, agree with that line up but I would swap Hughes for Laursen and ship Mellberg to right back. Thought we looked a lot more solid like that plus Laursen is dangerous on the set pieces.

Fingers crossed for Saturday.

MCCANN IS INJURED THOUGH. I THINK BAROS SHOULD PLAY!

Are you suggesting Baros play instead of Angel or as part of a 4-4-2 ? Because if we go to Anfield and play 4-4-2 we are screwed. And I certainly don't want Baros playing in place of Angel at the moment, especially if in a 4-5-1 his main job would be to hold the ball up and lay it off - something he's not as good as Angel at.

If McCann is still injured (he had a fitness test for last night so he can't be far off) then bring Barry into the centre and put Berger on the left or switch Gabby to the left (like we did against Leicester when he scored) and put Agathe on the right.

Â