Jubilee

Dodgyknees

There will be royal parties over here without a doubt. You'd be very surprised the amount of people who love them.

Given the fascination with the royal family that's commonly found over here, I think there's something to a theory that the royals are easier to stomach when they're no longer yours.

It's not a weak argument.

The point made was that an argument based on "a lot of people like/accept/support x so it must be right/good/true" is a weak one.

I'm sure that you are not unaware that 50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong.

Just watched the Fireworks and Charles speech on sky news web site

Looked like quite an event up in town and those images being beemed around the globe on various news services should show Britain in a positive light for a change (maybe not Charles speech mind)...

Stirring stuff and makes one proud to be British

Jubilee and shortly the Olympics a nice boost for the country

There will be royal parties over here without a doubt. You'd be very surprised the amount of people who love them.

Given the fascination with the royal family that's commonly found over here, I think there's something to a theory that the royals are easier to stomach when they're no longer yours.

Yes, I caught a bit of the US coverage here.

It's not a weak argument.

The point made was that an argument based on "a lot of people like/accept/support x so it must be right/good/true" is a weak one.

I'm sure that you are not unaware that 50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong.

Is that how many say he's still alive?

Yes, I caught a bit of the US coverage here.

and people wonder why we Brits say Americans can't do humour

I think we tend to say they don't do irony. That was more straight mocking.

Anyway, I found it a useful summary of the event. Looks like it was even more drab and dismal than I had imagined.

I think we tend to say they don't do irony. That was more straight mocking.

Anyway, I found it a useful summary of the event. Looks like it was even more drab and dismal than I had imagined.

Watch an Episode of friends ... It's safe to say they can't do humour

You did well to get past the 60 years on the throne .. She needs fibre line , I switched off at that point

Right Lands End beckons , no doubt there will be some drab and pointless celebration stuff going on there that the kids will enjoy :winkold:

You did well to get past the 60 years on the throne .. She needs fibre line , I switched off at that point

Right Lands End beckons , no doubt there will be some drab and pointless celebration stuff going on there that the kids will enjoy :winkold:

Yes, Friends is dire, and the fibre line was pretty weak. But the abbreviated footage of the pathetic display was quite amusing. A few thousand people standing in a downpour, grimly committed to enduring several hours of utter tedium, presumably out of a dour sense of misplaced duty rather than anything distantly related to enjoyment. Quite likely wearing horsehair underpants to add to their character-building discomfort.

I can see why the yanks mock us. People like that do rather invite it. But they shouldn't be allowed to inflict it on their kids.

Yes, Friends is dire, and the fibre line was pretty weak. But the abbreviated footage of the pathetic display was quite amusing. A few thousand people standing in a downpour, grimly committed to enduring several hours of utter tedium, presumably out of a dour sense of misplaced duty rather than anything distantly related to enjoyment. Quite likely wearing horsehair underpants to add to their character-building discomfort.

I can see why the yanks mock us. People like that do rather invite it. But they shouldn't be allowed to inflict it on their kids.

969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

Have almost completely managed to avoid the whole 4 days of shite so far!!

even the fireworks outside last night failed to wake up Martha.

Thankfully not seen too much bunting and not many flags either. Makes one proud to see people making up their own minds on this rubbish and not simply 'celebrating our overlords/superiors' like sheep.

and the people holding parties and various celebrartions that don't actually support the idea of a monarchy, but just do it as an excuse for a piss-up really are massive hypocrites.

Still, almost over .... :mrgreen:

God, McCartney was a disgrace. Outdone only by Sir Cliff in the "Can no longer sing a note, retire NOW" stakes.

Nice sicknote work by Phil the Greek to get out of it, though.

See the pathetic handful of Republican protesters :lol:

60 years of service to the crown and country. Ignore the cynics she has been a fantastic Queen imo. An inspiration to millions flying the Union Jack with pride today on our small island nation :D

Watched the last hour in a hotel in Somerset after a lovely steak dinner.

Sir Tom = shite

Lenny Henry = not funny, never was after Tiswas

Rolf - like the bloke but he was cringeworthy

Blobbie = shite

Madness = hugely shite

Sir Elton = indescribably shite

Sir macka = stop having facelifts and dying your hair mate you're 70 in a few days not 30. Also he was shite

No wonder Phil The Greek gave it a **** miss

Watched the last hour in a hotel in Somerset after a lovely steak dinner.

Sir Tom = shite

Lenny Henry = not funny, never was after Tiswas

Rolf - like the bloke but he was cringeworthy

Blobbie = shite

Madness = hugely shite

Sir Elton = indescribably shite

Sir macka = stop having facelifts and dying your hair mate you're 70 in a few days not 30. Also he was shite

No wonder Phil The Greek gave it a **** miss

Sir Tom = shite DISAGREE, he wasn't bad at all

Lenny Henry = not funny, never was after Tiswas AGREE

Rolf - like the bloke but he was cringeworthy AGREE

Blobbie = shite AGREE

Madness = hugely shite AGREE (although the Buck House light show was excellent)

Sir Elton = indescribably shite DISAGREE - he can still do it

Sir macka = stop having facelifts and dying your hair mate you're 70 in a few days not 30. Also he was shite AGREE, he was dreadful

Â