EPL season preview?

rooster85

Is there any Premier League Season Preview magazine in UK? You know, something with team rosters, team photos, maybe a couple of words about club situation etc, etc.

I've sought here:

http://www.soccer-books.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Foreign_2011_2012_Season_Preview_Magazines_115.html

and found nothing.

Bonus:

picture of 1996/97 season preview ;)

1035pwm.jpg

They usually come free with newspapers in early August. The Guardian one is always fantastic in my opinion, you can find the 2011/12 preview online (in a slightly different format) here if you are interested. If you are looking to collect the books then make a post nearer the start of the new season.

Meh, it annoys me.

We don't refer to the SLL or the ISA or the FL1 or the GBL.

Is it because of the Scottish Premier League and the need to make a distinction between the two?

It's just Premier League, like the English organising body is called the Football Association. It's one of the perks of inventing the sport and corruption of the name devalues it.

Villa play in the Premier League, there is only one league called the Premier League in top flight football. It doesn't need a country put in front of it. The Scottish FA chose to call their league the Scottish Premier League, the FA chose to call their league the Premier League and people should respect that.

Just like it's the FA Cup, Not the English FA Cup.

Technically, the Maltese top division; that's just called "Premier League" (or BOV Premier League if you prefix the sponsor) though there are some unofficial colloquialisms.

MaltesePremierLeague.jpg

I genuinely didn't know that, although I wouldn't class that as top flight football. I can't see that being a source of confusion to anyone, unless they live in Malta.

Okkkk, back to the topic:

I have a question about Four Four Two season preview.

There's one with the August issue and second (update) in September with all the actual rosters?

• 2 months later...
Â