Speculation: Magnus Wolffe Eikrem (Molde)

FamousHolteUnion

Feel free to lock if you want.. as Ole isnt actually our manager yet, but a probably quote from him he wants to sign Eikrem.

Røkke has released Solskjær's answers to those '3 questions' they were cryptic about the other day. Not a topic for them (where he basically says he will come to us if we offer him the job, and bring his backroom team - all in Ole's thread) He then says:

Røkke: If / when you go from MFK, will you take with you some of MFK’s players?

Ole: Yes, I want to make an offer to Magnus Wolff Eikrem

Ole took Eikrem to Molde with him from Utd reserves and is an Attacking Midfielder, i've not seen him play but apparently he is a good passer but was believed to not be physically up to the Prem at Utd..

anybody seen him play?

Feel free to lock if you want.. as Ole isnt actually our manager yet, but a probably quote from him he wants to sign Eikrem.

Røkke has released Solskjær's answers to those '3 questions' they were cryptic about the other day. Not a topic for them (where he basically says he will come to us if we offer him the job, and bring his backroom team - all in Ole's thread) He then says:

Røkke: If / when you go from MFK, will you take with you some of MFK’s players?

Ole: Yes, I want to make an offer to Magnus Wolff Eikrem

Ole took Eikrem to Molde with him from Utd reserves and is an Attacking Midfielder, i've not seen him play but apparently he is a good passer but was believed to not be physically up to the Prem at Utd..

anybody seen him play?

Good passer, playmaker kind of guy, professional, hard working and very confident. Used to captain ManU reserves at a very young age. Probably not good enough just now, but has potential.

Managers will always look to being the players they know and trust with them. I don't care if Man Utd thought he wasn't strong enough for the PL. A few high-up people said David Silva wasn't either.

If OGS see's Eikrem as the best player there then welcome. Does seem a like-for-like with Ireland though.. Not sure there's room for both of them.. but OGS is no doubt going to bring a whole new style.. so it's hard to say at the moment what will fit in, he might choose to use 2 nimble creative central players - he doesn't seem to like using wingers.

Managers will always look to being the players they know and trust with them. I don't care if Man Utd thought he wasn't strong enough for the PL. A few high-up people said David Silva wasn't either.

If OGS see's Eikrem as the best player there then welcome. Does seem a like-for-like with Ireland though.. Not sure there's room for both of them.. but OGS is no doubt going to bring a whole new style.. so it's hard to say at the moment what will fit in, he might choose to use 2 nimble creative central players - he doesn't seem to like using wingers.

Oh, but he does; his game is about passing, movement and lots of pace. He does not seem to care whether a winger or a fullback creates space on the flanks, as long as the ball is passed fast on the ground. He'll use wingers if appropriate.

**** me its hardly speculation is it. If Solskjaer doesn't get the job I doubt anyone else is likely to be interested in a guy whose first team experience is 30 odd games in a league the standard of which is the equivalent to the Championship/League 1 in this country. One things for sure if we are to compete for at least a top 10 finish next season we need to be looking at better quality than this. Promising young midfielders is something we don't lack.

Given the "young player of the year" award in Norway in 2011, as well as a place in "team of the year" (voted by the league's players).

Very good on the ball and reads the game extremely well. Probably a bit lightweight, and doesn't score much.

The Norwegian league is very poor though, and it's hard to know if he is good enough to cut it in the Premier League. But if there is one candidate in Norway who can make it atm it's probably him.

I think it will be good business to sell Bannan and buy Eikrem. We will get an inflated price for Bannan (compared with his real value), while Eikrem will probably cost no more than 2-3 mill pounds.

I also think that Eikrem and Kara are the only two midfielders in Norwegian league that will make it in the Premier League.

Rosenborg's Henriksen is not good enough, and Selnes is just 17 and will need more seasons at the top level in Norway.

We will get an inflated price for Bannan (compared with his real value), while Eikrem will probably cost no more than 2-3 mill pounds.

Trust me, we won't get more than 2-3m for Bannan..

**** me its hardly speculation is it. If Solskjaer doesn't get the job I doubt anyone else is likely to be interested

As with any speculation, the speculation is based on the manager.. but I know this was really just an excuse for you to play the 'we should be doing better' card..... again....

You're criticising a player you know absolutely nothing about.

Just because someone doesn't play for Barcelona doesn't mean he's rubbish. This is a player our (possible) new manager knows well, knows his ability and deems it as good enough. He's young player of the year also. Stop thinking we're going to sign Lionel Messi and instead let's embrace the positives.

Wolff Eikrem is a good young prospect, he seems to have toughened up in the one and a half seasons he's been playing in Norway. Needs someone beside him like Petrov to tell him what to do tho, and since Petrov's out I think we'd need to buy another player just to be able to use MWE.

lol This is a joke, people are willing to accept a player from the norwegian league simply because "ole" might become manager. Better yet, we should sign another player just so this guy can hack the pace lol.

Signings will always be a risk you never really know if a player will fit. Lot of world class players hasnt made it in the PL and many unknown players have made solid impacts. OGS werent a guareanteed hit at Man. Utd. he had one good season at Molde and before that played for Clausenengen at level three in norway ( this is from memory but it is ca.), Eikrem at least already knows the english game, wasnt ready for Man. Utd. a year and a half ago, but has grown older and stronger and might be ready now.

Another part of bringing one of his "own" players is that he then will have a player who already knows how he want to play. Remember Eikrem is still only 22 and is developing.

I believe there are better players out there, but here is an non expensive, low wage midfield option and has a good eye for great passes, i think he might actually improve and up his game with better players around him.

Other norwegian gems for the future will be Henriksen (19) and Sælnes (17), not ready yet but they both play like they are much older and have lots of games under their belt. Give them three years and they are ready.

lol This is a joke, people are willing to accept a player from the norwegian league simply because "ole" might become manager. Better yet, we should sign another player just so this guy can hack the pace lol.

This is a joke, people are willing to shoot down a player without even seeing him or knowing anything about him, just because he's coming from the Norweigen League.

Seriously, grow a pair.

You really are very annoying.

I bet you used to stand in the corner with your arms folded at parties, telling everybody that pass the parcel is a fix.

If a manager who has just won his league chooses to bring one player with him, don't you think the player is likely to be decent? We need to replace Petrov anyway. MWE would likely be able to replace Bannan by the sound of it, and on recent performances he would probably be an improvement on Bannan.

Â