No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Hold on...the number of chickens to egg's in the picture is wrong!!!

You did fine with "chickens", but let yourself down a bit on "eggs".

:grammarnazi:

In any event, it's quite clear that the bloke has finished counting the chickens, but is only just starting to count the eggs. Nothing to see here.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of the few not turning cartwheels at this appointment.

However, what would people say a good first season is ?

Personally 45 pts - and keep us clear of the relegation zone - would be a good solid start.

My real hope is that he gets the best out of gary gardner - who showed very little under AM (not alone there) - but there has to be more to GG - as yet untapped.

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

The Molde chairman expects OGS to be in charge of their league game on Sunday, according to Norwegian press. Story to follow shortly

I think he will stay there til the break for the Euros which is in 3 games time.

The Molde chairman expects OGS to be in charge of their league game on Sunday, according to Norwegian press. Story to follow shortly

nice that he gets to say goodbye to the Molde fans properly

Fair enough. Saying his goodbyes and getting a standing ovation, hopefully.

I think we may be forgiven for not using the digraph æ on every occasion.

Ole seems like a nice enough guy. I'm sure if he notices that his name is spelled 'Solskjaer' at the foot of his contract the smile won't fade from his face, and he won't pause for a moment and stare blankly off into space with a wistful look as though he has just remembered a summertime camping trip he and his father went on when Ole was seven.

He won't recall how his father, while roasting freshly caught halibut over a roaring campfire, explained to him that the name 'Solskjær' means 'sunshine', or 'sunlight breaking', or 'something to do with a rock or something'.

He won't remember the pride in his father's eyes as he explained to him that the letter 'æ' doesn't exist in very many languages, and that in many ways 'æ' is a proud symbol of Norway's freedom, its beauty and its individuality.

"When you go off to see the world, Ole, don't let the foreigners take away your 'æ'. In their ignorance they will try to steal it and split it in two. If you allow them to take apart the 'æ', you will be allowing them to take apart and destroy Norway; to take apart and destroy your own heritage," Ole won't remember his father saying.

Then, as Randy and Paul look on in stunned silence (all this reminiscing has taken over fifteen minutes, during which time no one has spoken a single word), Ole won't drop his pen, he won't stand triumphantly to his feet, he won't rip open his shirt to reveal his proud Scandinavian chest, he won't flip over the boardroom table and he won't scream "HEIE NORGE!!!!!!" before storming out of Villa Park, making his way to the coast, commandeering a small fishing vessel and victoriously returning to Molde with enough lobster to feed the entire city.

...OR WON'T HE?

Drats! Was hoping for the speculation to end, it's killing me.

:?

Hmm. Not what I wanted to hear. Doesn't mean it's off I guess, but I'd rather this got sorted out nice and quickly.

If there is no announcement over the weekend, we will expect Norwegian VTers to monitor the Molde game carefully, analysing OGS's body language. :)

I think he will stay there til the break for the Euros which is in 3 games time.

yeah i'd say he'll stay there til then to give them the opportunity to find his replacement. he's in no rush to head over to the villa anyway, im sure he'll have been given instructions on who to forward his most wanted list to, and it's not like the villa players are in training for him to start evaluating them

I am one of the few not turning cartwheels at this appointment.

However, what would people say a good first season is ?

Personally 45 pts - and keep us clear of the relegation zone - would be a good solid start.

My real hope is that he gets the best out of gary gardner - who showed very little under AM (not alone there) - but there has to be more to GG - as yet untapped.

You and me both

Decent would be get rid of the shitty deadwoon, bring insome decent younger players and quality experienced ones to complement what we have and lay some foundations to build on, all that whilst achieving 45 - 50 points and keeping us away from relegation all season and implementing a new style of play for the team.

I don't think anyone should pass judgement on him without having a watch of the youtube video. Of course there is a huge Utd slant to it - it's made by MUTV. Can't fault him for the brand of football he wants to play, he seems focused, committed and an all round exciting prospect. Hope it happens.

What we don't want is a Houllier type situation where he can't start for x amounts of weeks

Although I am not convinced this is the right move for Villa - if he turns us down - its a massive setback. If we can't lure a guy from a tiny norwegian club - who the hell are we going to get ?

If he's left without signing or agreeing to sign - the press will report it as a rejection - Jesus !

Just to update there is some misinformation going around that OGS has departed on Mr Lerner's jet, back to Norway.

This information may have been fed to at least one Sky reporter.

Mr.Lerner's jet has gone back to the U.S., with him on board. If OGS is going back it is a fairly long winded and arduous trip with SAS via Copenhagen and Oslo. If he does this, then he will likely take tomorrow morning's Copenhagen flight out of BHX, or go to Oslo from Heathrow.

Feels like there's something not quite right here. Why bring him here if he's not going to be unveiled as the manager? If it was for talks and negotiations surely that would be done by phone or when RL went to Norway. Why bring him back here only to send him off a few hours later??