No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Solskjær is norwegian for sunshine.

No, it's not, "skjær" is a reference to, quite simply, a rock in the water. So, Solskjær is basically "sunny rock in the water..." Anyway, breaking news in Norway is that the corporate group Aker is to sell their ownership in Molde and pull funding. Aker is controlled by Kjell Inge Røkke (some of you nerds may remember that this is the guy who owned Wimbledon some years ago). If this is true, the chances of Sunny Rock in the Water coming to Villa has just increased substantially. Without the Aker/Røkke money, Molde is fuuuuucked.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a player like Stephen Ireland might be a revalation under OSG, and finally being played to his strengths...
Yeah, I'm thinking Darren Bent too.

Definately, Bent has a lot of the same qualities OSG had as a player both being clinical finishers, maybe OSG working with Bents awereness and moving/runs and snap there it is.

Same for Gabby, utilising his speed and strength working with his positioning.

Getting the best out of Ireland and our attack actually looks pretty damn good.

Getting the defence tight again and a good working midfield and we are in business.

IMO.

Think Weimann, Gardner and Clark have the most to gain. Clark will be installed at CB, Gardner given reign to control midfield over the course of the season chipping in with a few goals. Weimann stands to have the biggest boost though he already reads the game relatively well, if Solskjaer can help him make the most of it I think he could become a very good backup striker (not unlike Solskjaer in that respect). Obviously no where near as good as him as Solskjaer seems as though he was always naturally superb at reading the game from the touchline. But if Weimann could learn anything from him I think he'll be one of our biggest improvers next years

[if we sign Olé]

No, it's not, "skjær" is a reference to, quite simply, a rock in the water. So, Solskjær is basically "sunny rock in the water..." Anyway, breaking news in Norway is that the corporate group Aker is to sell their ownership in Molde and pull funding. Aker is controlled by Kjell Inge Røkke (some of you nerds may remember that this is the guy who owned Wimbledon some years ago). If this is true, the chances of Sunny Rock in the Water coming to Villa has just increased substantially. Without the Aker/Røkke money, Molde is fuuuuucked.

Or Olé stays at Molde so that they dont pull funding? Coincedence they announce to pull funding when it looks like he's off?

Probably work on the deal over the weekend, take him round the facilities, shoot all the TV interviews and stuff for the AVFC website, then press conference on Monday morning to wrap it all up.

Or Olé stays at Molde so that they dont pull funding? Coincedence they announce to pull funding when it looks like he's off?

Something tells me he'd have known they were leaving. I doubt a company decides in the space of 24 hours that they're pulling funding and announces it straight away. I'd say there were more involved discussions about their plans.

You are right in the fact that "skjær" on its own translates to rock in the water, however, "solskjær" is on its own a norwegian word translating to sunshine or more acurate ray of sun. Like the sun breaking through the skies...

Apparently, Aker pulling out has nothing to do with OGS talking to Villa, this seems to be a straight forward corporate decision. It's the other way round in my mind; OGS already knows that funding will go away, which makes it much more probably for him to accept Lerner's offer. And now reports are breaking that the local municipality is reassing their financial support to Molde (no direct financial support but linked to their stadium). I am confident none of this is a reaction to OGS getting on that plane, it's the other way round, surely.

You are right in the fact that "skjær" on its own translates to rock in the water, however, "solskjær" is on its own a norwegian word translating to sunshine or more acurate ray of sun. Like the sun breaking through the skies...

Ha ha, norsk er vanskelig! I think we both may be right, it could be both, actually! Anyway, news about Aker and the municipality seem to indicate that Molde will be in no position to compete going forward.

I believe a player like Stephen Ireland might be a revalation under OSG, and finally being played to his strengths...

and interestingly he has pulled out of his proposed move to play in the MLS next season ...

(if one believes his agent)

Ha ha, norsk er vanskelig! I think we both may be right, it could be both, actually! Anyway, news about Aker and the municipality seem to indicate that Molde will be in no position to compete going forward.

Mange uttrykk som er vanskelig å oversette direkte, begge stemmer nok men lokale talemåter osv. :) Hadde en sak i går kveld her også :)

Nice with norwegian activity on the forum and hopefully if this goes well a lot of media attention in norway and a lot of new supporters. Maybe i wont be the only one from my small town wearing a Villa beanie, hat, cap :)

Mange uttrykk som er vanskelig å oversette direkte, begge stemmer nok men lokale talemåter osv. :) Hadde en sak i går kveld her også :)

Nice with norwegian activity on the forum and hopefully if this goes well a lot of media attention in norway and a lot of new supporters. Maybe i wont be the only one from my small town wearing a Villa beanie, hat, cap :)

Wow... I knew it was cold in Norway but that is ridiculous!! :D

That's a bit of a reach. I don't think I've ever heard those two words compounded to describe sunshine in any form. I don't think you'll find it in any dictionary and you certainly couldn't play it on Wordfeud. Also, considering that Ole and his family, and most likely the family name, comes from the rocky, north western coast of Norway, Hughesy here is defenitely right.

Moving back to more interesting things, he is also right that Molde's future hangs in the balance a little with Røkke/Aker pulling out which can only improve our chances of getting Ole to sign for us.