So will you buy the 2011/12 season review DVD?

The_Rev

That game at Spurs has left a mark on everyone that saw it. Journalists on various podcasts still talk about it. It was just so traumatic for everyone; in fact, it should be highlighted on the dvd as the day that Aston Villa died and single handedly ruined football for everyone around the world.

Im looking forward to watching a repeat of the game at White Hart Lane. Think he was making tactics up that night. was a classic Dutch 5-2-3 formation
Nah, that was Man United at home.

Embarrassing

That game at Spurs has left a mark on everyone that saw it. Journalists on various podcasts still talk about it. It was just so traumatic for everyone; in fact, it should be highlighted on the dvd as the day that Aston Villa died and single handedly ruined football for everyone around the world.
It was the day I moved into the ever growing McLeish out camp.

Hahaha If it were to be made how bad do you feel for the video editor?

It would be like trying to sell those Gareth Barry DVDs.

**** I just thought knowing how daft (for daft also think cheap) some of my wife's side of the family are so I'll probably cop one of these for next Christmas :-(

I honestly can't see why anyone would buy it.

Maybe if someone had bought every season's DVD in the past and wanted to keep their collection going.

But apart from that, who woul dactually want it?

Only way to possibly shift more than a handful of copies of this is to fill it with highlights from the Reserves and NextGen games.

Maybe they'll film McLeish being sacked Alan Sugar style and then make him walk down the steps of the Holte in a all lights out 'no likey no lighty' style inter cut with clips from the protests at the beginning of the season. This could then be followed by Lerner sitting behind his desk apologising to us all and admitting he was wrong, but to make it up to us all will invest 100 mill into squad and free balti pies all season? I think it would sell really well then?

This game was one of the very few I didnt see live, as I was on holiday. I have of course seen the reports and comments etc but what was it that was so bad about this game? I'm interested in a morbid fascination kind of way.

I might buy one and force McLeish to watch it on loop in revenge for what he has made us watch.
Haha, brilliant idea.

McLeish should be strapped down to a chair and forced to watch it for a solid day. I'm not even joking. He actually deserves this. word removed.

He'd enjoy it though.

Are the club actually making one? Would seem a bit of a waste. I used to get all the videos (I even bought that 'Squaddies' vdeo in the 90s - tw@) and season reviews, but I realised that after one viewing, how likely are you to watch them again? Ever... To be honest, with Youtube and other media, you don't really need a season review DVD these days.

Last club DVD I bought was the League Cup semi versus Blackburn, and truth be known, it's still in the wrapper.

No way would I buy the 2011-12 DVD - there is no excuse for buying it. Might as well admit the season was a non-starter.

That said - I would buy a DVD release of the 1992-93 season (my favourite league season in recent memory, closely followed by 95-96). Got the league Cups multipack and the 1981 league/82 Euro Cup DVDs and that's probably all you need to know about AVFC in the modern era. Everything else seems to pale.

So, over to you Randolph and co - deliver that bright future. Sempre Fry, or whatever it is you say.

Â