john ruddy

Guest av1

Guest av1

I just watched a interview with the Norwich keeper on football focus. Questioned on the Norwich chants of 'Ruddy for England' he declared that in his opinion he was not good enough for England. also very openly talking about his journey man status.

Well john, i disagree you have been fantastic this year. what humble and refreshing honesty from a generally arrogant footballing world.

He's had a good first season.

I think I might agree with him though. probably not good enough for England. Maybe scrape into the squad as 3rd choice.

He's had a good first season.

I think I might agree with him though. probably not good enough for England. Maybe scrape into the squad as 3rd choice.

Yeah, 3rd choice behind Hart and then Foster IMO

in fairness England has a real lack of goalkeeping options at moment. Hart is obviously top class but in top flight after him Foster and Robinson and then Ruddy are probably only regular English goalkeepers in Premier League

Forgot Foster had retired from England. Yeah I think Ruddy probably would get in the squad though.

Joe Hart could well be the keeper for the next 10 years though, perhaps longer.

Foster is a complete bellend, he's done very little in his career so why turn your back on England if you don't fancy being the sub? My only assumption can be that he knows he isn't actually good enough.

Ben Foster is 29 years old and has played 200 games in his entire career (108 in the Premier League). Maybe he has splinters in his arse from spending so much time on the bench already.

regarding Foster, I was in Ri-Ras, an irish pub in Charlotte , NC around 3 years ago, and the lad who served me was a mate of his, said he was not arsed with footy at all, knew he was good etc... but wasnt his passion, was his job and he was on 40,000 a week at SHA, but just was not 'into' footy at all.

regarding Foster, I was in Ri-Ras, an irish pub in Charlotte , NC around 3 years ago, and the lad who served me was a mate of his, said he was not arsed with footy at all, knew he was good etc... but wasnt his passion, was his job and he was on 40,000 a week at SHA, but just was not 'into' footy at all.

I've always wondered how many footballers must be like that. I'm sure there's more than we think.

I remember someone telling me Batistuta was like that. Ridiculously good, just couldn't be arsed (don't know how true that is)

Nakata was like that so is Assou Ekotto. I actually respect these players more when they admit they are only in it for the money as it is a job compaerd to badgekissers who then try hold club for ransom or leave for bigger rivals

• 2 weeks later...
Â