General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Why would he not even talk to us last year and take the job this year?

Because, as was said at the time, he'd got a gentlemen's agreement with Whelan that he'd stay at Wigan for one more year.

I am starting to feel more confident about us landing Martinez tonight. He was my top choice before Ole came on the scene and I think he'd do a great job for us.

I think he'd be foolish to stay at Wigan another season if there are offers to get out. Even a very good manager could find themselves relegated with that club.

Same. Martinez has always been my top realistic choice pre and post OGS. I feel he'd be a more revolutionary appointment than Lambert. He might also bring along the likes of Figueroa and Diame, where as I think Lambert would bring Holt and that's something I really don't want.

We've got a bite - it's time to land the martinez shark

Actually its a lot like fishing - youre convinced youve landed the big one - but then when you reel him its only a tiddler ! (Mcdonald, Grayson, Southgate)

Why would he not even talk to us last year and take the job this year?

Because, as was said at the time, he'd got a gentlemen's agreement with Whelan that he'd stay at Wigan for one more year.

I am starting to feel more confident about us landing Martinez tonight. He was my top choice before Ole came on the scene and I think he'd do a great job for us.

I think he'd be foolish to stay at Wigan another season if there are offers to get out. Even a very good manager could find themselves relegated with that club.

No such thing as a gentlemens agreement in football, i dont believe that. Especially when Martinez left Swansea high and dry when he left them. Not saying he was wrong to do this, only saying whats changed.

Looks like we might soon be able to put all this behind us and get on with the serious business of wildly speculating about transfers. :|

Or getting to bed at a reasonable hour - and doing some work during the day.....

not convinced it will be........RM was always going to get linked very heavily if he didn't get the pool job.

i wonder what time whelan will open his gob tommorow ?

We've got a bite - it's time to land the martinez shark

Actually its a lot like fishing - youre convinced youve landed the big one - but then when you reel him its only a tiddler ! (Mcdonald, Grayson, Southgate)

Nah chief broady told me that we're going to need a bigger boat

Looks like we might soon be able to put all this behind us and get on with the serious business of wildly speculating about transfers. :|

One step at a time - it might still be mick and Karl Henry !

Fair enough that loads of journos are now reporting for tomorrow's papers that we are on the move, and fair enough that Mat Kendrick is on holiday and so won't put out anything. But I would have thought if there's any truth that either we're nearly close or Martinez has dropped the bin dippers for us (PLEASE be true!) then surely Tim Abraham would chuck a nugget out there?

smetrov, do you actually want us to appoint a shit manager?

Fair enough that loads of journos are now reporting for tomorrow's papers that we are on the move, and fair enough that Mat Kendrick is on holiday and so won't put out anything. But I would have thought if there's any truth that either we're nearly close or Martinez has dropped the bin dippers for us (PLEASE be true!) then surely Tim Abraham would chuck a nugget out there?
He still might.

If it's either Lambert or Martinez I will be extremely happy; each different in their own way, but I believe would be good for the club long term. Just want it to end, so we can concentrate on rebuilding this club.

smetrov, do you actually want us to appoint a shit manager?

No - 40 years of following villa have taught me never to get your hopes up.

The good thing about being a pessimist is that you are either constantly being proved right ..or pleasantly surprised.!

As long as its not a fudge appointment, Mccarthy, Mcdonald, etc - I will support it.

be Happy with Lambert/Martinez/FSW/Poyet

It is the mirror, but by god I hope this is true..

'Villa are prepared to promise their new man significant funds for signings, in what will represent a drastic change in policy from Lerner.'

So this is whats changed since last year. Lets face it he has to provide significant funds as we have next to no top players at the moment.

It is the mirror, but by god I hope this is true..

'Villa are prepared to promise their new man significant funds for signings, in what will represent a drastic change in policy from Lerner.'

So this is whats changed since last year. Lets face it he has to provide significant funds as we have next to no top players at the moment.

I really hope so. Things are looking up.