Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Well I think Norwich and McNally are more than a little **** on this one given this quote from Hughton;

He said: "Colin Calderwood, who was with me at Newcastle, Paul Trollope, who was with me at Birmingham, and Ewan Chester, who was also with me at Birmingham.

They have effectively given other people their jobs meaning that they will either need to pay them off or be open to a claim for constructive dismissal. They have zero chance of compensation from us for Culverhouse or Karsa who will be joining us in the not too distant future without any doubt.

Hmm Really?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/david_mcnally_norwich_city_want_to_keep_hold_of_ian_culverhouse_and_gary_karsa_1_1404264

PS. David McNally is also a director.

You've been bitten once already by quoting this guy. I am pretty sure he was even more adamant about Lambert staying but that didn't work out too well did it?

Time will tell, if its a straight choice between our CEO and yours, McNally is streets ahead imo.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think Norwich and McNally are more than a little **** on this one given this quote from Hughton;

He said: "Colin Calderwood, who was with me at Newcastle, Paul Trollope, who was with me at Birmingham, and Ewan Chester, who was also with me at Birmingham.

They have effectively given other people their jobs meaning that they will either need to pay them off or be open to a claim for constructive dismissal. They have zero chance of compensation from us for Culverhouse or Karsa who will be joining us in the not too distant future without any doubt.

Hmm Really?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/david_mcnally_norwich_city_want_to_keep_hold_of_ian_culverhouse_and_gary_karsa_1_1404264

You've been bitten once already by quoting this guy. I am pretty sure he was even more adamant about Lambert staying but that didn't work out too well did it?

Time will tell, if its a straight choice between our CEO and yours, McNally is streets ahead imo.

I don't understand. Why are we now comparing CEOs?

Not in Lambert's opinion obviously!

We went for our man. Your CEO said he was going nowhere, he did. Your CEO said we had to pay for Lambert, we haven't.

Now your CEO says IC and GK are going nowhere......hmmm there is a pattern developing.

I prefer the CEO who gets stuff done as opposed to the one who talks a lot of hot air.

Hmm Really?

:lol: how old are you?

Our owner is richer than yours..............boom!

Being serious now, if we payed the compo they would be ours, the way your club is acting is quite embarassing. You lot should learn from us, how to do things with a bit of class.

Come on guys, be honest here, are you not a little concerned that Lerner may have just bought a nice car from us without checking that it came with or without wheels first!

Wiz,They will be joining Villa in due course, it is time to move on you have a new Manager who has brought in his own staff.

Contractural issues are holding up their move but it will happen sooner rather than later.

Oh Wiz, is there no end to your naivety?

And whilst Faulkner may be young and learning his trade, I doubt he'd refuse something that was quite obviously in a contract of his manager, thus allowing him to leave for nothing. So McNally may be just as naive as you are and a street or two behind even Faulkner. I'm not impressed.

You really think Hughton's bringing his versions of Culverhouse and Karsa to work alongside those very same gentlemen? What will they do, flip a coin to see who does the job share on any given day? For **** sake man, McNally is talking out of his mudwhistle and you know it. Or maybe you dont, which is concerning.

Culverhouse can leave this summer as he's out of contract and Karsa is related to Lambert. Both will want to upgrade as Lambert has done and they're a team.

Is it Norwich's plan to have more staff than players? Can you even afford it?

Please come and join us on Earth. The weather isnt great but it's real at least.

Come on guys, be honest here, are you not a little concerned that Lerner may have just bought a nice car from us without checking that it came with or without wheels first!

No Not at all :winkold:

Nice quote. Did you copy and paste it from Pink'un? :winkold: Or will you try and pass that off as your own?

Are you really that naive that if need be Lambert couldn't pick a suitable back room staff?

Moyes & Fergie have done it countless times as will a lot of other managers.

Lambert did his coaching (as I am sure you know) using modern european techniques. He will know the training he wants to implement and find the relavent people to do it.

Not that I think he will need to. As IC and GK will come.

I think IC and GK will come...

but for each day that passes with no word i get more and more uncertain....

if it was simply a case of waiting for their contracts to expire at the end of the month then what is the harm in releasing a statement saying that they will join us on July 1st?

I think we are going to have to pay for them....

the silence worries me especially after Hughtons arrival which i thought would be the end of the saga

I'd rather he looked at a few foreign coaches!

Personally I'd rather Paul Lambert gets in who he wants to get in.. If that's IC & GK than so be it.

If he wants them i'm sure we'll pay any compo if required.