Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bickster; Hopefully Kev Mac & Sid will step back down to the Youth set up/Reserves where they Excel.

I am sure that they will hand over dossiers to PL as will IC will be expected to do so for Norwich.

But then you could use Alex Ferguson in that example, then Moyes who had Irvine then went and got McClaren's assistant in Round.

Yes of course you could, there are plenty of examples either way. I clearly didn't say it was that cut and dried, I said there was an argument for both both types of arrangement. None of us, nor the Norwich fans know which side of the line PL is going to fall because without his old team, he's in uncharted territory. Everyone can have their opinion but ultimately only time will tell and maybe even at Villa when its all over we still won't know because the team will still be in place.

Bickster; Hopefully Kev Mac & Sid will step back down to the Youth set up/Reserves where they Excel.

I am sure that they will hand over dossiers to PL as will IC will be expected to do so for Norwich.

All I hope for is that both KMac and Cowans stay at VP, they are loyal club servants and deserve to be kept on in whatever role PL choses for them, they've never done this club any wrong.

All I hope for is that both KMac and Cowans stay at VP, they are loyal club servants and deserve to be kept on in whatever role PL choses for them, they've never done this club any wrong.

I think MM said both had a job for life at BMH - they are THAT well respected at the club and by the players.

Cowans hates working with the Egos in the first team in anycase apparently, would much rather work with the youngsters.

Beside we have at least one vacancy at the club because Grant left with the previous manager.

FWIW the same HP sauce from Wiz's neck of the woods ... that said a week before it happened that Lambert was to meet Lerner Wed/Thursday of last week and was absolutely correct with his timing.... said only a couple of days ago that it was pretty much nailed on for Culverhouse & Karsa to follow Lambert to Villa. They work as a close knit team.

Obviously matters can change in football, but I think if Lambert wants them and they want to continue working with Lambert, then they will be

here come pre-season.

He was spot on with Lambert info.

James Nursey was on talksport last night talking about Lambert & Villa.

Not sure if he is ITK but he has tweeted tonight.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Think Culverhouse and Gary K pawns in compensation battle between #NCFC and #AVFC . Fairly sure they will end up with Lambo at #AVFC

Think Culverhouse and Gary K pawns in compensation battle between #NCFC and #AVFC . Fairly sure they will end up with Lambo at #AVFC

And I think he is 100% spot on

We are playing a waiting game, rather than pay out we are waiting for them to appoint a new manager who will want his own staff. Norwich will soon be forced to pay them off rather than us paying them for releasing them.

They are in more of a rush than we are so we may as well sit and wait.

And I think he is 100% spot on

Richard you little cheeky ITK chappy!

Their contracts are unlikely to be worth anything like a million combined.

I cannot see why we would pay compensation for Lambert in order to get the coaches when the only damages due would be the one year balance of their contracts.

McNally has been turned over and made to look like the amateur hour king once already. Perhaps this bluster his him doing his best to keep his job?

We are playing a waiting game, rather than pay out we are waiting for them to appoint a new manager who will want his own staff. Norwich will soon be forced to pay them off rather than us paying them for releasing them.

They are in more of a rush than we are so we may as well sit and wait.

This. Culver and Karsa have followed PL everywhere in managing... I don't expect this to change.

Well I think Norwich and McNally are more than a little **** on this one given this quote from Hughton;

He said: "Colin Calderwood, who was with me at Newcastle, Paul Trollope, who was with me at Birmingham, and Ewan Chester, who was also with me at Birmingham.

They have effectively given other people their jobs meaning that they will either need to pay them off or be open to a claim for constructive dismissal. They have zero chance of compensation from us for Culverhouse or Karsa who will be joining us in the not too distant future without any doubt.

They have effectively given other people their jobs meaning that they will either need to pay them off or be open to a claim for constructive dismissal. They have zero chance of compensation from us for Culverhouse or Karsa who will be joining us in the not too distant future without any doubt.

Spot on.

I'm not sure whether Norwich fans were referring to a direct message via twitter from McNally confirming that Culverhouse & Karsa are staying, but when I looked last night and just there is no such tweet on his account at all and in fact he hasn't tweeted since 6th June 2days ago (unless he's deleted any of course) - @davidmcnally62

Well I think Norwich and McNally are more than a little **** on this one given this quote from Hughton;

He said: "Colin Calderwood, who was with me at Newcastle, Paul Trollope, who was with me at Birmingham, and Ewan Chester, who was also with me at Birmingham.

Hmm Really?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/david_mcnally_norwich_city_want_to_keep_hold_of_ian_culverhouse_and_gary_karsa_1_1404264

PS. David McNally is also a director.

Hmm Really?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/david_mcnally_norwich_city_want_to_keep_hold_of_ian_culverhouse_and_gary_karsa_1_1404264

You've been bitten once already by quoting this guy. I am pretty sure he was even more adamant about Lambert staying but that didn't work out too well did it?

Hmm Really?

"Ian and Gary’s roles are exactly as they were, their responsibilities are exactly as they were and they will be joined by a bigger team. "

That quote plus the bits I have bolded tell me that it is all about compo.

Where does it say he has spoken with IC and GK and they want to stay? It doesn't which is unusual.

They are coming to Villa IMO.