Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

From the picture gallery on the OS. Unfortunately no scarves/shirts. Disgrace.

Did you see the big jiffy envelope he was carrying into Villa Park with him?... Bet it had an official AVFC tie in it!

Nah. £120 million in used notes.

Used notes? Are we singing someone from Harry Redknapp?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a man crush on paul lambert. I have never been to scotland or been friends with a scottish person, which is probably why i have a soft spot for the country and the people.

He hasn`t made one attempt to lower expectation to make life easier for himself, instead he wants to try and match it, thats what we need. He is like o`neill, but more likeable and with tactics.

I love the man already.

Defence - Min of 1 CB + 1 FB.

Don't know if clark is ready to play a full season at CB - he seems better as a defensive midfielder IMO - Also for a young player seems a bit injury prone.

Lichaj - could take one of the full back roles. I think warnock will go - there is always somebody willing to pay foe ex liverpool players ...for some reason which is beyond me.

Midfield is a problem - Makoun could suddenly show a hidden talent - which has escaped the eye of his last 3 managers - or he might not.

Bannan ok as a fringe player - but week in week out in the prem - I have my doubts

Ireland - much improved but still not great

Gardner - seen nothing so far - but there must be more to him than this .That gives me hope that we have yet to see the real GG.

Faulkner was saying we have to make move quickly - or something to that effect - that makes me think that a couple of departures are already lined up - I suppose Gabby is the most likley. But would rule out the zog for a swift exit.

I really struggle to hear what he is saying, and he is stuttering somewhat also. Not stutterlig per se, but repeating words in the beginning of his sentences. When he says the fanbase is "huge", it sounds like he is saying "shit"!

im buzzing, can`t wait to get down villa park next season.

This is going to be great, he seems to be just right for the club. Have we finally found a manager we can really take to and call our own? MON was nearly there but was always a bit aloof.

I really struggle to hear what he is saying, and he is stuttering somewhat also. Not stutterlig per se, but repeating words in the beginning of his sentences. When he says the fanbase is "huge", it sounds like he is saying "shit"!

Wait until he gets angry, you'll need subtitles!

Press conference pretty boring and clichéd. Sorry I'm going to say this now, I'm not that excited about what essentially is MON lite. Houllier excited me. Lambert doesn't. Lambert's won nothing as a manager! Anyone not getting the misplaced hype?

As far as Glaswegian accents come, I would say his is very soft...certainly one of the easiest to understand that i have heard in some time.

I have a man crush on paul lambert. I have never been to scotland or been friends with a scottish person, which is probably why i have a soft spot for the country and the people.

He hasn`t made one attempt to lower expectation to make life easier for himself, instead he wants to try and match it, thats what we need. He is like o`neill, but more likeable and with tactics.

I love the man already.

Lets be friends

I'm not that excited about what essentially is MON lite

Let's be honest, you actually know nothing about him.

I thought it was a good press conference myself, short on surprises but plenty of reasons for optimism. Speaks volumes that he talked up the ambitions of the club rather than Houllier and to a lesser extent McLeish who tried to cover their own arses before they'd even taken their first training session.

Welcome Paul - to the start of a long and fruitful relationship.