In an ideal world I'd love for us to ship out

Hutton

Warnock

Dunne

Collins

Gabby

Albrighton

Bannan

But this is not an ideal world and some may have to stay, PL will not be saying he is shipping out loads as he may not be able to yet PRACTICALLY and so will still have to work with those he wants out for the time being

Albrighton,gabby and dunne ? :o the rest i agree with.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In an ideal world I'd love for us to ship out

Hutton

Warnock

Dunne

Collins

Gabby

Albrighton

Bannan

But this is not an ideal world and some may have to stay, PL will not be saying he is shipping out loads as he may not be able to yet PRACTICALLY and so will still have to work with those he wants out for the time being

It's interesting you mention both Bannan and Albrighton, as I think these two - particularly Bannan - will shine under Lambert. Bannan has a quality similar to Pilkington which I fancy Lambert to get out of him.

who?

If that's in relation to my post, certainly not you Richard.

I'm currently enoying you being reborn again.

Cheers. Just interested in who the tonka was.

Heard him on talksport... when asked if he will overhaul the squad he said no just freshen it up a bit meaning getting players (who were not on form) back on form and bring in a few players... :/

However still being positive. Got to Believe :D

Not good news at all. :|
Let me quote JPM here "You cannot be serious man"
Are you trying to say that you disagree with me that that's bad news or do you think there will indeed be an overhaul?

I do disagree because shipping out our entire back four like many want is suicide. It's hard enough buying in 4 new defenders that are used to the Premier League and getting them to gel let alone doing that with possible foreign talent that have never played in this league. We saw how much Makoun struggled now imagine if Makoun was a centre back.. We need to take it slow. Lambert needs to ship out who he thinks is a lost cause and try and get some of the players who aren't working right now working again.. He can't go in and sell half our squad that's an unrealistic ask.

No we don't need to take it slow. Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock have proved themselves to be shit. It's not even like we need a new back 4. Clark should be starting games at CB now and Lichaj is a competent RB.

When PF says "We'll be making some smart moves" then you know shits about to go down... :|

The quote above and the 'there will be some players moving on' are the only two concerning quotes for me and my 'being let down too many times by our club' red light started flashing..

'We'll be making some smart moves' - (Could interpret) - bringing in loan signings, grabbing a few 'cheap' has beens via free transfers or replacing old with young in terms of using our youngsters for a while.

'There will be some players moving on' - (Could interpret) - with not just some of the deadwood being sold, could we also cash in on a couple of our assets (Bent, Gabby). this would enable us to have that money to spend that PF spoke about.

Ever the negative I know.

Overall though, i am delighted that we have got Lambert and we are once again in high spirits. I am looking forward to the summer now, just to see ij which direction our club is heading.

When PF says "We'll be making some smart moves" then you know shits about to go down... :|

The quote above and the 'there will be some players moving on' are the only two concerning quotes for me and my 'being let down too many times by our club' red light started flashing..

'We'll be making some smart moves' - (Could interpret) - bringing in loan signings, grabbing a few 'cheap' has beens via free transfers or replacing old with young in terms of using our youngsters for a while.

'There will be some players moving on' - (Could interpret) - with not just some of the deadwood being sold, could we also cash in on a couple of our assets (Bent, Gabby). this would enable us to have that money to spend that PF spoke about.

Overall though, i am delighted that we have got Lambert and we are once again in high spirits. I am looking forward to the summer now, just to see ij which direction our club is heading.

Don't worry.

Do you honestly think Lambert would have come if he was only getting loans and freebies. Not a chance! He is ambitious, career driven and ruthless. This is great for us now, however if he is successful it will also be the reason we lose him.

Anyway I am sure there will be a decent kitty.

I listened to the Talk sport interview and I didn't here him say he was just going to freshen the squad up. He was asked weather he was going to overhaul the squad , or just freshen it up a bit . He was given two extremes and gave a pragmatic and ambiguous answer as he did many of the questions he was posed. Pretty standard practice at these PC's .

I would of been worried if without even taking one training session he had made decisions about who can and can not fit into his system and ethos.

Don't worry.

Do you honestly think Lambert would have come if he was only getting loans and freebies. Not a chance! He is ambitious, career driven and ruthless. This is great for us now, however if he is successful it will also be the reason we lose him.

Anyway I am sure there will be a decent kitty.

ikr...a little birdy told me 120m :lol:

Clark should be starting games at CB now and Lichaj is a competent RB.

Clark is nowhere near good enough for centre back and hasnt shown a thing that he can play there in the League

I like how after 1 good game against West Brom Dunne is worth keeping. He and Warnock have been awful for nearly 2 years and are on massive wages, Collins has been the same but the wages are not so bad.

I would lean more to keeping Collins IF we had to keep any of them because he's on less wages, but ideally I want a whole now back 4, O'Neil almost did it when he signed these.

Clark should be starting games at CB now and Lichaj is a competent RB.

Clark is nowhere near good enough for centre back and hasnt shown a thing that he can play there in the League

He deserves a chance there as this is his natural position and he's been playing well for us in DM.

I like how after 1 good game against West Brom Dunne is worth keeping. He and Warnock have been awful for nearly 2 years and are on massive wages, Collins has been the same but the wages are not so bad.

I would lean more to keeping Collins IF we had to keep any of them because he's on less wages, but ideally I want a whole now back 4, O'Neil almost did it when he signed these.

Someone told me a stat that dunne made the most blocks out of any player last season in the prem idk if it was true lol. But i think Dunnes always been aggressive and if we get another two defenders in and lichaj playing again we could do well.

Couldnt smart moves be construed as we sell Hutton who is on 40k a week and get in Naughton on loan with a view to a permanent deal whos on 15-25k a week. The same could be said for Dunne whos on pretty much 55k a week if we could ship him out get in two centre backs on 30k. Can you imagine if we shipped out the entire back 4 getting 200k a week off the wage bill give or take 10k and brought in younger, hungrier players saving about 80k a week in the process.

Lambert hasn't come here to scrape around and get by. He's come because he wants more resources than Norwich could offer him and he's been assured he'll get them.
Fixed for you Maz

Couldnt smart moves be construed as we sell Hutton who is on 40k a week and get in Naughton on loan with a view to a permanent deal whos on 15-25k a week. The same could be said for Dunne whos on pretty much 55k a week if we could ship him out get in two centre backs on 30k. Can you imagine if we shipped out the entire back 4 getting 200k a week off the wage bill give or take 10k and brought in younger, hungrier players saving about 80k a week in the process.

Good shout agree with everything but only if it was that easier to bring in 'younger,hungrier players' that are up to the standard. Saying that... any defenders are as good as the current back 4 :D