6th Minute Tribute to Fabrice Muamba at the Bolton Home Game

pacbuddies

From Facebook:

This is a post from the My Old Man Said page, if you haven't already done so then check the page out.

Villa vs Bolton Tuesday April 24th 7.45pm

‘Following on from a positive fan response, it is our intention to call for all Aston Villa fans to partake in an additional show of support on the 6th minute of this Tuesday’s game against Bolton.

Why the 6th minute?

The simple answer is that this is Fabrice Muamba’s squad number. Following on from Fabrice’s near fatal heart attack in their FA Cup game against Spurs, a majority of clubs provided medical screening for their players. It is this screening that provided Stiliyan Petrov’s diagnosis with Leukaemia. As a show of both appreciation and support we would like to ask that ALL Aston Villa fans and Bolton fans take part in both a 6th minute and 19th minute ovation during the game this Tuesday night.

The 6th minute will also act as a show of thanks by Villa fans on behalf of Stan to Fabrice.

The club have been contacted regarding this, so that we can make this happen for all fans. Spread the word and share this status. Let’s show the class that bestows the fans of Aston Villa. ‘

Why? He's alive, he's out of hospital. Unnecessary and over-sentimental.

Oh and using Petrov as a reason is poor and factually inaccurate. Stan had a fever, he couldn't shake, got it looked at. why would a heart scan show up leukemia?

Oh and using Petrov as a reason is poor and factually inaccurate. Stan had a fever, he couldn't shake, got it looked at. why would a heart scan show up leukemia?

Why are some people full of hate?

IMO you are 100% wrong Eames, just as it is necessary for Villans in the 19th minute to give a minute's thanks to a player who is part of our club so it is necessary for the Bolton fans to do likewise. Would it cause you so much hardship to do as requested?

You are right in that the heart scan would not show up Acute Leukemia but I did read at the time that someone at the club said this so maybe the OP thought it true and just repeated it.

I personally think its a great idea and although both teams will be going out to win there is nothing wrong in occasionally acting like decent people.

Hate to burst somebody's bubble but it wasn't the heart screening that picked up the Leukaemia, Stan had blood tests midweek because the lethargy he felt after Arsenal hadn't gone.

Don't think we should do this TBH, nothing against the lad but it's abit maudlin.

IMO you are 100% wrong Eames, just as it is necessary for Villans in the 19th minute to give a minute's thanks to a player who is part of our club so it is necessary for the Bolton fans to do likewise. Would it cause you so much hardship to do as requested?

You are right in that the heart scan would not show up Acute Leukemia but I did read at the time that someone at the club said this so maybe the OP thought it true and just repeated it.

I personally think its a great idea and although both teams will be going out to win there is nothing wrong in occasionally acting like decent people.

I'm all for a tribute and showing support for one of our own with a life threatening illness is completely appropriate. BUT Muamba is now alive and well. Shall we clap in the 5th minute because Dunne is alive and well?

Its nonsensical overt sentimentality for the sake of it.

I'm all for a tribute and showing support for one of our own with a life threatening illness is completely appropriate. BUT Muamba is now alive and well. Shall we clap in the 5th minute because Dunne is alive and well?

Its nonsensical overt sentimentality for the sake of it.

I may have missed Dunne's brush with death due to a shoulder injury.

I'm more than pleased that FM is out of hospital and doing well and wouldn't usually agree with this but I can understand the Bolton fans wanting this so I can't see the issue. It's not as if we are saying to give them a goal.

I also thought it was good of the Chelsea fans to join in applauding at VP just after Stan was diagnosed and for the 1st time in my life felt some respect towards them, maybe it would be good for Villans to do likewise even though thankfully he is recovering well.

Who would have thought that posting something from the 'My Old Man Said' page would cause such a reaction.

Yes Muamba is alive and well but so is Petrov. Equally they both could not have been had they not received the expert medical attention available to them.

I think that a lot of Villa fans would be upset and would probably moan like hell on VT if the Bolton fans disregarded our 19th minute tribute to Petrov and they just carried on singing their football chants and behaved disrespectfully.

I guess that I am of a different upbringing to some on here and that there is no point in asking for some respect from people who have none.

It's got nothing to do with respect. You want to show represent for the medics, make as donation to the London Ambulance Service. There the ones who really deserve it. Had Muamba not survived I'd be ib full agreement with you, but "yay you didn't die" sounds a bit silly to me really.

Petrov has a life threatening illness yes, and Villa fans showing support is great. We should. Don't expect Bolton fans to because he's not one of their own.

Muamba is out of hospital and recovering very well, move on people, move on

And Petrov has been correctly diagnosed and is receiving top class medical treatment for his illness. Move on people, move on.

I recommend 90 minutes of clapping, for everyone who ever wore a squad number, got sick and got better again. For those who wore squad numbers 91-99, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Also didn't Muamba thank God for his recovery? Perhaps a heary recitation of 'Our Father' on 3 minutes - the three representing the holy trinity. Looking forward to it.

Also it wasn't a heart attack. And double also, to suggest that Petrov's illness was only caught because of the heart scans and that he should thank Muamba as a result is deplorable stuff

Â