Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion we need 4 more signings in midfield and attack before the start of next season. A defensive midfielder, a left sided midfielder, a right winger and a 20 goal a season striker!

1st Choice

Joey Barton (5.5m), Kieran Richardson(4.5m), SWP(10m) and Defoe or Bent (10m)

2nd Choice (more realistic)

Boupa Papa Diop or NRC (5m), Shaun Maloney(free), Robbie Keane (6m)

In defence we should be looking at players such as:

Carson (3m)

Bridge (5m)

L.Young (4m)

Ben Haim or Distan (free)

A team for the beginning of next season:

Sorenson, Carson

L. Young, Bardsley, Bridge, O'halloran, Ben Haim, Mellberg, Cahill, Ridgewell

Petrov, Davis, Barry, Richardson, Barton, Osbourne (McCann)

SWP, A.Young, Defoe, Agbonlahor, Carew, Moore

When you say a 20 a goal a season striker ....can we name names ? ....because there aren't that many out there......my guess is that we have to scramble for european football without one.....be that this season or next..with perhaps our front men all getting 12-15 each ......then perhaps we can find such a player .......but we have got to be talking £20m for a guy in his prime..I just wonder if it might be better to keep buying promising £5m-£7m forwards and hope one turns into the real deal....because I don't think you can buy them that easily...

Monday and Tuesday are the key days for Villa, if we are going to do anything else.

As we are playing on the Wednesday (31st) doubt we will be doing any business whilst MON and team are traveling to Scotland.

MON didn't say that he wouldn't go after him again...

He said he never went after him in the first place. He basically said that Saviola was over rated and crap now.

Normally I don't believe a word managers say about transfers but on this occasion, I think he was telling the truth. So even if Saviola is up for grabs, he ain't coming here.

... on recent reflection could you imagine Ellis laying out £8m up front for a hot unproven property?

Yes, absolutely. A mooring berth in Nice. A pied-a-terre in Monaco. A half-acre to extend his allotment behind his garden. Or a nice plot for his planned mausoleum.

I can imagine all of those deals going through a lot smoother than we ever managed to sign a player under his tedious, timid period of office. As long as the deals benefit him. If it's, ooh, petty cash vouchers for mosquito spray, well, that's another matter...

... on recent reflection could you imagine Ellis laying out £8m up front for a hot unproven property?

Yes, absolutely. A mooring berth in Nice. A pied-a-terre in Monaco. A half-acre to extend his allotment behind his garden. Or a nice plot for his planned mausoleum.

I can imagine all of those deals going through a lot smoother than we ever managed to sign a player under his tedious, timid period of office. As long as the deals benefit him. If it's, ooh, petty cash vouchers for mosquito spray, well, that's another matter...

:clap:

In my opinion we need 4 more signings in midfield and attack before the start of next season. A defensive midfielder, a left sided midfielder, a right winger and a 20 goal a season striker!

1st Choice

Joey Barton (5.5m), Kieran Richardson(4.5m), SWP(10m) and Defoe or Bent (10m)

2nd Choice (more realistic)

Boupa Papa Diop or NRC (5m), Shaun Maloney(free), Robbie Keane (6m)

In defence we should be looking at players such as:

Carson (3m)

Bridge (5m)

L.Young (4m)

Ben Haim or Distan (free)

A team for the beginning of next season:

Sorenson, Carson

L. Young, Bardsley, Bridge, O'halloran, Ben Haim, Mellberg, Cahill, Ridgewell

Petrov, Davis, Barry, Richardson, Barton, Osbourne (McCann)

SWP, A.Young, Defoe, Agbonlahor, Carew, Moore

couple of mind blowing choices, would never pay 10 mill for defoe and would also never touch Richardson with a barge pole.

Here's a suggestion, how about the Hibs duo Kevin Thomson and Scott Brown.

Now before i get shot down, hear me out. the pair would be available for around £5mil combined and occupy two positions we could still do with cover for Thomson is a Defensive Midfielder and Brown is a RM. Both have been watched by scouts up and down the country and are touted to eventually make the move to England. So why not here? Although players from Scotland are generally an unknown quantity these days they seem to have decent potential.

Idnt really rate Diop that much and think we should aim for a better player for that position. There is plenty out there, I mean who had heard of Zakora of Spurs b4 they snapped him up and he looks a talent!

I think Maloney will be the next in and playing with Carew will be interesting to watch.I think they will be a better version of Heskey - Owen for Liverpool.Maloney has done so many assists in SPL and I'll be happy to see him at Villa Park.He is very young 21 I think if we buy him we'll have generation of probably the best youngsters in the UK.