Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gattuso for me please

That would be a dream signing, can't see it just yet though.

If you'd have told me that once the transfer window had opned we'd have signed Ashley Young for £9.65m I'd have said no way will Watford sell.

If you'd have told me we'd sign John Carew I'd have say no way.

If you'd told me we'd have signed Petrov in the summer I'd have said no way.

If you'd have told me back in June that Ellis and O'leary would be gone and we'd have Martin O'Neill as manager I'd have had you sectioned.

Gattuso? Reo-Coker? Barton? All names that in June or December even I'd have thought totally out of our league. Now, hearing the great vibes about the club from our signings PLUS the high regard MON is being mentioned in, I say well, you never know with one of these names.

Can I add another name I'd love to see here? Kevin Nolan.

People were saying that about Carew also....this is the new Villa so don't rule anything out!

Yes I guess anything is possible. Was Gattuso at Rangers when O'Neill was manager of Celtic? You never know, they may know each other from then?

Im sorry, however much i love the signing of Carew, Gattuso is on another level to him.

Yeah but people are starting to sit up and notice villa over the last few weeks, maybe somebody like Gattuso maybe one of those players....there's a vibe about Villa at the moment.......I think we have made a small statement to European Football....a young talent but highly expensive player and then a player that everybody knows in Carew.

Im sorry, however much i love the signing of Carew, Gattuso is on another level to him.

Yeah but people are starting to sit up and notice villa over the last few weeks, maybe somebody like Gattuso maybe one of those players....there's a vibe about Villa at the moment.......I think we have made a small statement to European Football....a young talent but highly expensive player and then a player that everybody knows in Carew.

Hmm...

Alot of people are saying we cant get Barton in. Now are we going to suddenly get a player in that would probably be welcomed at every club in the world?

I think fans expectations are on the whole a level above what the club is likely to achieve, which is not necessarily a bad thing really. One step at a time though, lets try and get a Barton or an Appiah and get Champs League before we seriously talk about World Class players.

Probably slightly off topic...but i hope everyone has patience with our new signings...especially Young....he has todya been tipped to have a Ronaldo like impact...but everyone should remember that Ronaldo hasn't become the player he is today overnight...i remmeber towards the beginning of his United career..people..including myself...used to slag him...bags of flair and pace...but no direction...kept running himself into trouble..falling over etc....so i just hope Villa fans can give him some time if he doesn't fire instantly...

Honest to god, was up at Villa Park today getting my West Ham tickets and myself and my m8, saw Matty Taylor of Portsmouth driving out of Villa in his Range Rover, dont be suprised if this is on SSN today because it was him for definite.

This would be a great buy IMO, why else would he be at the Villa!

Agreed but after years in the wilderness ( how many names have we being connected with without any actions-dougenomics-) we are all entitled to a bit of over excitement and thats bound to put pressure on the team as a whole let alone the new signings !