Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Does anyone know what the fee is for Diop to Wigan? He's just the sort of mean player we need in Midfield. Having said that I would take Joey Barton any day, especially for £5.5m. Think we would have struggled to convince him to sign last week but with Carew and Young on board people can see we mean business.

Then there is the MON factor - he could sell ice to Eskimos!!!

1mil apparantly, i heard a rumour we wanted to get in on the deal, but it is just that, a rumour so probably shit but if not id be very happy!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the fee is for Diop to Wigan? He's just the sort of mean player we need in Midfield. Having said that I would take Joey Barton any day, especially for £5.5m. Think we would have struggled to convince him to sign last week but with Carew and Young on board people can see we mean business.

Then there is the MON factor - he could sell ice to Eskimos!!!

1mil apparantly, i heard a rumour we wanted to get in on the deal, but it is just that, a rumour so probably shit but if not id be very happy!

Wigan agreed £5 million (I think) with Fulham for Diop, was on the news ticker on Sky last night...... seems a lot for a crock!

I think I might have mentioned this before, but I am really surprised no one has made a move for Juan Roman Riquelme. I am not sure whether he is right for the English Premiership, but his talent is not in question - he is being frozen out at Villarreal after falling out with coach Pellegrini.

Anyone else think he would be worth a pop?

I think I might have mentioned this before, but I am really surprised no one has made a move for Juan Roman Riquelme. I am not sure whether he is right for the English Premiership, but his talent is not in question - he is being frozen out at Villarreal after falling out with coach Pellegrini.

Great Player, would be no good in the premiership, his game isnt suited to it.

Definalty yes but heRiquelme is class, no doubt about it but to an extent it would be a risk bringing someone of his ilk to the Premier League. A loan deal might be the way to go but as Kiddybloke said, he'll probably end up at a club in CL. A big club like Lyon eh Meelan??! :roll:

Definalty yes but heRiquelme is class, no doubt about it but to an extent it would be a risk bringing someone of his ilk to the Premier League. A loan deal might be the way to go but as Kiddybloke said, he'll probably end up at a club in CL. A big club like Lyon eh Meelan??! :roll:

Eh, tbf Lyon is one of the top clubs in Europe atm, no doubt. they are in fact a title contender in the CL.

Would love Riquelme, but can't see it. And, as some have said already, doubt he could cope in the PL. Remember how Arsenal put him in their pocket. But IF he could cope he would be a bargain at almost any price.

I can't resist to say it again: Appiah. :nod: Know it won't happen but would love it.

Riquelme? Hell Yeah!

Would rather see him come on loan first with option to buy, just to make sure he is suited to the prem. If so :lol:

Barton has already stated he is very happy at Man City and will tell any club to piss off (and then likely shove a cigar in their eye).

Etherington and MAaooney linked to Everton and Fulham respectively this morning, I think they could both do a job for us.

Who? ;)

Anyway, Etherington for me is a player that was fairly good at CM a couple of years ago. Is he really that good in the real world?

Etherington and MAaooney linked to Everton and Fulham respectively this morning, I think they could both do a job for us.

Who? ;)

Anyway, Etherington for me is a player that was fairly good at CM a couple of years ago. Is he really that good in the real world?

Etherington would be a decent squad filler, suprised the hammers are willing to let him go tbh. Maloney could be worth a look but suspect MON is looking elsewhere at the moment.

Barton has already stated he is very happy at Man City and will tell any club to piss off (and then likely shove a cigar in their eye).

Barton had to say that after last time when he handed in the transfer request and the fans turned on him. If a club came in for him that he fancied I think he'd be off.

Barton had to say that after last time when he handed in the transfer request and the fans turned on him. If a club came in for him that he fancied I think he'd be off.

Good point.

Well he turned down Everton very recently and he's apparently from the blue half of Mersyside, I honestly think he'll be at Citeh now until the end of this season.