Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even I'm getting frustrated now, we keep getting linked with Young and we all know he is off to Spurs at a vastly inflated price! Lets hope that transfer will start a chain of events that gets us Robbie Keane. Defoe appears to have evaded us this time.

Would rather have Keane to be honest. Better player IMO.

We don't know Young is going to Spurs though do we? The only reason the press are linking him to them is because they made an inquiry in the summer but that collapsed. Now they don't want to pay the fee for him and are probably only going to go for him in the summer when he is cheaper.

what the!!

Lucas Neill signing for West Ham because they offered 50k a week. Surely we could match that and get a world class right back who can play centre. I know im bias but hes brilliant. Once Bardsley goes back to Man Utd.. we have a ready made right back with plenty of experience and great leadership and for the price of Dougs worth to aston villa.

Villa's Berger set for MLS switch?

Aston Villa midfielder Patrik Berger could make a move to Major League Soccer - and Martin O'Neill will not stand in his way.

The 33-year-old former Liverpool star recently returned to Villa Park after being loan-out to Stoke City following a breach of club discipline.

While O'Neill has said still has a chance to make the first-team, Berger's agent is thought to have been in talks about a move to the United States - where former England skipper David Beckham will be plying his trade at the end of the season.

Boss Martin O'Neill told the club's official site: "The situation with Berger is that he is back here now, obviously he has apologised for what had happened. His agent had mentioned about the possibility of him going somewhere abroad for the last few months, if that materialises, fine.

"If not, then he just gets his head down here and the team will get picked on merit as far as I am concerned. If he is doing well enough, then he will be back in contention."

Berger's contract runs out at the end of the season but O'Neill's words suggest he could be allowed to move to the MLS in time for the start of their season in April.

Please use short links

what the!!

Lucas Neill signing for West Ham because they offered 50k a week. Surely we could match that and get a world class right back who can play centre. I know im bias but hes brilliant. Once Bardsley goes back to Man Utd.. we have a ready made right back with plenty of experience and great leadership and for the price of Dougs worth to aston villa.

50k a week for Lucas Neill is ridiculous. I would rather invest in the youth of Bardsley, even if we don't sign him permanently than pay almost triple a players actual worth (based on market conditions).

50k a week for Lucas Neill is ridiculous. I would rather invest in the youth of Bardsley, even if we don't sign him permanently than pay almost triple a players actual worth (based on market conditions).

agree with that, there is no way i'd want us offering those sort of wages to lucas neil.

I wouldn't imagine some of our players being very happy if someone as average as lucas neil is coming into the team and earning shit loads more than themselves.

West ham can have him.