Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Barton is the closest thing to Roy Keane in the English game today and would be a huge signing for us

be criminal if he went to a lesser team than us

Agreed. I think 3 major signings will completely turn Villa around:

------------------------Tommy--------------------

Bardsley --- Mellberg ---- Laursen---- Bouma

SWP -------- Barton ------ Petrov ------- Barry

-----------------Bent---------- Moore ------------

Which leaves:

------------------- Taylor -----------------------

Hughes --- Cahill --------- Ridge ---- Samual

Gabby ---- Davis -------- McCann --- NEW PLAYER

--------------- Angel ---- Baros --------------------

as our backups. Ozzy and Gardener to stay of course, I think we've seen the last of Delaney, Hendrie and maybe even Sutton.

If we can get SWP, Barton and Bent now, then a backup left winger, keeper and 2 strikers in the summer, things will be looking up!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some sad sad maths for you:

380 pages with 15 posts on each page, at an average post speed of 3 minutes, equals 285 hours of time spent posting in this thread alone. That's an awful lot of time people have been discussing the transfer window, and we've only managed to sign Phil Bardsley. Woopdedoo!

Here's some sad sad maths for you:

380 pages with 15 posts on each page, at an average post speed of 3 minutes, equals 285 hours of time spent posting in this thread alone. That's an awful lot of time people have been discussing the transfer window, and we've only managed to sign Phil Bardsley. Woopdedoo!

If we sign players it will not be so much to write on here because then it would no longer be gossip or speculation... :winkold:

If we do not bid the 5.5m for Barton i will be shocked, it will be a huge jump forward in terms on player quality and ambition... but since its Villa i wont be shocked if it does not happen!

If i was MON i would be busting my balls to get players liek Barton in even if it meant paying over the odds... WENEED IT!

I'd love to see Barton at Villa, £5.5million is peanuts for a player of his quality.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I just don't see it, if you want a thug in the middle of the pitch then yes he is quality.

I'd love to see Barton at Villa, £5.5million is peanuts for a player of his quality.

Yah Id love to see him in our team too. Cant see him going for £5.5 mill though, thats just the fee someone would need to pay to activate the clause in his contract, I think the fee would be higher. Probably closer to £7-£8mill when you consider whats Young has been valued at!!!

I'd love to be proven wrong but I just don't see it, if you want a thug in the middle of the pitch then yes he is quality.

Yeah I admit he is a bit of a thug, although I think people hold what happened with his brother agaisnt him a bit.

Exactly what we need, some bulldog spirit.

I'd have barton any day of the week

barton is far from being a thug on the pitch.hes committed and determined in his play but not a "thug". he is rarely in the papers for bad challenges or sending offs.and only in his last game he showed his sporting side by asking the ref not to give a yellow to gardner after he challenged him. 5.5 million would be a steal. unfortunately i think he will see villa as a sidestep rather than a forward one

Yah Id love to see him in our team too. Cant see him going for £5.5 mill though, thats just the fee someone would need to pay to activate the clause in his contract, I think the fee would be higher. Probably closer to £7-£8mill when you consider whats Young has been valued at!!!

Sorry, are you saying we should just give them an extra couple of million as some sort of gift?

Barton is valued higher than £5.5million there is no doubt about that, but because of the clause in the contract Man City would HAVE TO accept a bid for £5.5million. We could though just give a big contract to Barton, he's only on like £25-30K a week I think...

I really, really, really, really want us to sign Barton; PLEASE!!! :clap:

EDIT: Also just saw this on WILTORD INJURED

With Lyon down a striker perhaps a renewed interest in Baros may be on the cards, and it also looks like they are resigned to losing Carew... Maybe the deal could be struck? Valued approximately the same I do believe as well...